By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Bears just might win the Super Bowl

trunkswd said:

after beating Peyton Manning and Tom Brady 2 of the best QBs in football, my money is on the Jets winning it this year. Also what happened in the past doesnt mean it will happen again. The Jets got their ass kicked by the Patriots 45 to 3 a couple months ago and they ended up beating them by a pretty good amount yesterday. I see it being a Packers vs. Jets Super Bowl this year. They are both playing great football right now.

I just don't see the Jets going into Pittsburgh and winning in the playoffs tbh. Ben Roethlisberger lives for these kinds of games, where time and time again he ends up making some ridiculous plays where he avoids sacks and hits big passes and leads the Steelers to a nailbiting win. I dunno how many people are aware, but Roethlisberger's playoff record is 9-2, which has to be at least on par with Brady I would imagine.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Around the Network

No way, Packers/Steelers, leading to the inevitable lucky number seven

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

GO FUCKING BEARS IS DAMN RIGHT!!!!

DA BEARS!!!!! AHHHHHAHAHHAHAHHHHHHH!!!!

ok, got that out of my system. I'm so stoked for this years Hallas Championship. I've been hoping for a Bears-Packers game since the Bears lost to them in week 17. Sure we let you into the playoffs, but we'll embarrass you on our way to the SuperBowl hahahaha.

Its the playoffs and anything can happen. Rogers played exceptional against the Falcon's, but I think Cutler matched that vs the Seahawks.

Can't wait to proudly watch the game in my new Urlacher throwback jersey ($47 on ebay new, double stiched, real).

C'mon bring em to Soldier Field. BEAR DOWN!!!

The Bears...

Inconsistency has never let anyone survive making the Super Bowl, and if they did, odds are they did not win the big one. Last time I saw the Bears in the Super Bowl, their quarterback bombed miserably. Now Jay Cutler ain't no Rex Grossman, but look at the stats:

Stats Overview Passing
SPLIT CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT
2010 261 432 3274 60.4 7.58 89 23 16 52 86.3
Career 1359 2207 15964 61.6 7.23 93 104 79 138 84.3
Postseason - 2010 15 28 274 53.6 9.79 58 2 0 3 111.3

Now, scraping up the Seahawks is not THAT much to be proud of, they were a 7-9 team. The game was 21-0 yet the Bears allowed 24 points afterwards. The Packers are coming off the decimation of the best team in the NFC. Matty Ice, the most consistent quarterback, was rattled to the core by GB Defense. Jay Cutler is already hot-N-Cold; what makes you think he will suddenly be lights out now?

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

SaviorX said:

The Bears...

Inconsistency has never let anyone survive making the Super Bowl, and if they did, odds are they did not win the big one. Last time I saw the Bears in the Super Bowl, their quarterback bombed miserably. Now Jay Cutler ain't no Rex Grossman, but look at the stats:

Stats Overview Passing

Now, scraping up the Seahawks is not THAT much to be proud of, they were a 7-9 team. The game was 21-0 yet the Bears allowed 24 points afterwards. The Packers are coming off the decimation of the best team in the NFC. Matty Ice, the most consistent quarterback, was rattled to the core by GB Defense. Jay Cutler is already hot-N-Cold; what makes you think he will suddenly be lights out now?

Its a rivalry game. Anything can happen.

Additionally, Cutler's issue is more with the front line and less with just him. If you pay attention to his worst games or Bear's worst games, it always comes down to Cutler always being on the run or his back because the front line fails.

Last season and the beginning of this was a lot to do with that and the overall newish offense getting adjusted to new plays, offensive coach, each other, Hester, etc. Last half of the season they were pretty solid. Even the New England decimation demonstrated just this, Culter was sacked continuously and the front line just wasn't there.

However, the week 17 Greenbay game wasn't like that. Both teams played good and once again it was just a close rivalry game.

I expect nothing else this Sunday. Bears and Greenbay will be close, but Soldier field, fans and a solid front line will result in a Bears close win.

Also, you can't call Bears inconsistent. After their bye week they played really well with a good pass/rush ratio and solid defense. Only misstep was the New England game. Going 7-2 after bye weeks proves they are a contender. There's a reason why every sports announce kept saying that even though Seahawks beat them early in the season, this was NOT the same Bears as then. Bye week made a lot of good changes.

As for Superbowl, yeah this is where I'm really scared. Steelers/Jets are very good teams and I will be very nervous in either potential opponent.

oh and since everyone is posting their QB's post season record, Cutler is 1-0. 100% baby!

Around the Network
SaviorX said:

The Bears...

Stats Overview Passing

I'm absolutely shocked at that sack number. That's an average of more than 3 sacks a game.

I agree about the Seahawks and it would've been a much closer game if they had made the interception off of a typical terrible Cutler pass in the endzone when it was 7-0. When a ball hits you in the hands like that, you have to catch it.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

amp316 said:
psrock said:

They need to beat the best team in Football right now first.

Explain to me why everyone says this?

The Packers were the sixth seeded team in the NFC (split with the Bears and won one less game then them as I stated in the OP). 

I am a Bears fan, but if I were to be asked who the best remaining team is, I'd have to say the Steelers.  They are by far the most balanced team.  

Because Aaron Rogers is the big name going right now, just like Drew Brees earlier this year.

Just give it time. If he loses people will forget about him and the current praising will disappear like a fart in the wind, just like with Brees.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

trunkswd said:
themanwithnoname said:
trunkswd said:

after beating Peyton Manning and Tom Brady 2 of the best QBs in football, my money is on the Jets winning it this year. Also what happened in the past doesnt mean it will happen again. The Jets got their ass kicked by the Patriots 45 to 3 a couple months ago and they ended up beating them by a pretty good amount yesterday. I see it being a Packers vs. Jets Super Bowl this year. They are both playing great football right now.

I just don't see the Jets going into Pittsburgh and winning in the playoffs tbh. Ben Roethlisberger lives for these kinds of games, where time and time again he ends up making some ridiculous plays where he avoids sacks and hits big passes and leads the Steelers to a nailbiting win. I dunno how many people are aware, but Roethlisberger's playoff record is 9-2, which has to be at least on par with Brady I would imagine.

Brady is 14 - 5 in the playoffs and Sanchez is 4 - 1. Also the Jets beat the Steelers the last time they played. Against the Patriots the Jets Defense were all over Brady not giving him anytime to make good throws. They are going to do the same thing against Roethlisberger. Either way it will be a close game, I just feel the momentum is on the Jets side after beating Peyton Manning and the Patriots who were the favorite to win it all this year.

Jets will not play Roethliberger the same way at all.

They played this way against Brady because they know he won't run. The guy is a sissy. Your typical pocket passer and nothing more.

Big Ben is a different story. He is a big dude and will run the ball. 

They will play the blitz game because the Steelers have a weak O-line. Plus they will need to pass because it is hard to run on their defense.

Entirely different approach between the two games.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

SaviorX said:

The Bears...

Stats Overview Passing

Interesting that you'd say that.  The true measure of consistency for a team is their win/loss record over an entire season.  Out of the teams left, The Steelers were 12-4, the Bears and Jets 11-5, and your Packers 10-6. 

Oh, and Matty Ice as he's called ( talk about over hyped) has never done anything in the postseason.  Get back to me when he has.

And about Cutler's stats, they aren't that bad.  His QB rating is over 80.  Several Super Bowl winning QBs were much worse.  Check out Jim Plunkett's career stats if you don't believe me.  That guy won two Super Bowls.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/P/Plun J:00.htm

There you go. 

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger