By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Bears just might win the Super Bowl

mhsillen said:

the bears have a slight edge on defense

This is based solely on reputation and has no real grounding in what happened during the 2010 season or playoffs.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
mhsillen said:

the bears have a slight edge on defense

This is based solely on reputation and has no real grounding in what happened during the 2010 season or playoffs.

I will agree but I trying to appease Bears fans

GB defense is just as good

Rogers, in my opinion is a top 2 QB not sure who is best.  I think rogers would have done a better job against the jets on sunday due to his scrambling 

I'm a poor bills fan so I have to pick a second team..I love the pack

I'm a bit baffled as to how New England was a must-win for the Packers, and how it's a huge disappointment that they lost that game with their backup quarterback. The Patriots have a history of giving away games? Since when?

Also, extremely relevant to this game is a game against the Detroit Lions where Aaron Rodgers got knocked out early and didn't even play more than half of the game.

Maybe someone also missed the fact that the Packers beat the Eagles twice? "Because they were playing Cobb" is complete nonsense. They beat the Eagles in the wild card round with Vick playing the entire game.

I find it absolutely hilarious that Bears fans are talking like Green Bay have no chance in this game when the Bears have home losses against the Redskins and Seahawks on their resume- the apparent pinnacle of consistency as some might have you believe.

I believe both teams have an equal shot at winning the game.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

themanwithnoname said:

I'm a bit baffled as to how New England was a must-win for the Packers, and how it's a huge disappointment that they lost that game with their backup quarterback. The Patriots have a history of giving away games? Since when?

Also, extremely relevant to this game is a game against the Detroit Lions where Aaron Rodgers got knocked out early and didn't even play more than half of the game.

Maybe someone also missed the fact that the Packers beat the Eagles twice? "Because they were playing Cobb" is complete nonsense. They beat the Eagles in the wild card round with Vick playing the entire game.

I find it absolutely hilarious that Bears fans are talking like Green Bay have no chance in this game when the Bears have home losses against the Redskins and Seahawks on their resume- the apparent pinnacle of consistency as some might have you believe.

I believe both teams have an equal shot at winning the game.

I will answer everything in order.

At the time, the New England game was pretty close to a must win for the Packers.  The Packers had to win all of their games after that and the Giants had to fall apart for them to make the playoffs.

Yeah, Aaron Rodgers got knocked out of the Lions game, but the Lions were also on their 2nd string QB ( or was it their 3rd? I forget).   The Packers stunk that game, plain and simple.  No way to sugar coat it.  

I did not miss that the Packers beat the Eagles twice.  Rocketpig and I were comparing the Bears and Packers regular season records.  Also, if you want to play that game, the Bears steamrolled the Eagles when Vick started against them.  The Packers barely held on to defeat them in the playoffs.  Also, it took Akers missing two field goals and Vick throwing an ill advised interception at the end of the game.  Let's not forget that.

Who are the Bears fans talking like the Packers have no chance?  I am not one of them and I haven't seen any other Bears fans doing so in this thread.  As a matter of fact, if anything it looks like hardly anyone is giving the Bears a chance to win tomorrow, from the "experts" to the average Joes.   That's one of the biggest reasons that I wrote this thread.  About the Bears losing to Washington and Seattle at home; I was about to give up on the Bears at that time because they were playing horribly.  Since then, they have gone 7-2.

I also believe that both teams have a good chance at winning tomorrow.  At least we agree on that. 

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

I am all AMPED up for today's Bears - Packers battle.

The Bears just might win today.  They just might...

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

I'm watching the game as I type this,and I don't think that's going to happen. sorry.

game over.

:)

Damn Shields just shat on anything the Bears might have had.

The BEARS lost as i expected.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)