By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square-Enix's 1st Production Department Premier tomorow!

I expect Agito and FFVSXIII to make appearances.  I've got my fingers crossed for a FF Tactics A3 though

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Cunning_Linguist said:

uh....

..... "might be a new game but..."

i'm aware its a new game, I was being deliberately facetious as S-E seems to just re-use everything nowadays.

That doesn't make any sense when they've already confirmed it as a new game, we've seen screens of it and people who were at events like E3 saw a trailer for it already, and Nomura already said what it's about and who's making it, not to mention the secret ending of KH: Recoded ties into KH 3D's storyline. But they'll randomly turn it into a BBS port with 3D features in the middle of the development for...no reason?

Even SE isn't that stupid.

He is trolling SE, you fell for it.

Soriku said:
Wagram said:
Mad55 said:
Wagram said:

I wonder if anything from Tri-Ace will be there. Looking forward to seeing what their next game is.

i hope its star ocean 5.

Me too.

Uh, not before they make VP3: Hrist.

Also their 1st Production Department is just in charge of FF and KH. They'll most likely show off KH BBS Final Mix, KH 3D, Agito, Versus, that FF Type 0 whatever, and also FF V VC (date for that in Japan is 1/18, same as the conference). No tri-Ace/DQ/whatever else.

I posted a link at the beginning of this thread and it seems there is now:

FF Type 1, FF Type 2, and FF Type 3. so i think those will also be revealed.

Rob-Ot said:
The Fury said:

Out of interest. I presume SquEnix have different teams working on different things so, what's the FFXII (Tactics?) team up to since they made that game?

Hopefully nothing unless Matsuno will work with them again, after the atrocity that was FF12 I don't want a game from them without their leader, Matsuno.

Bit harsh, while it's your opinion, FFXII was generally reviewed and thought of as a very good game in gameplay and finish. I think it's an very good game too, it just lacks in fact it doesn't feel Final Fantasy enough for me.

But that doesn't mean the team are doing nothing or shouldn't be doing anything.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
Rob-Ot said:
The Fury said:

Out of interest. I presume SquEnix have different teams working on different things so, what's the FFXII (Tactics?) team up to since they made that game?

Hopefully nothing unless Matsuno will work with them again, after the atrocity that was FF12 I don't want a game from them without their leader, Matsuno.

Bit harsh, while it's your opinion, FFXII was generally reviewed and thought of as a very good game in gameplay and finish. I think it's an very good game too, it just lacks in fact it doesn't feel Final Fantasy enough for me.

But that doesn't mean the team are doing nothing or shouldn't be doing anything.

I think Rob-Ot has a good point, my best save file of FF12 is 180 hours, (and i still didnt finish everything). and while i though some parts where very good,  the story felt too disjointed at times, and the main characters wernt connected enough to the plot. and the beginning was boring, the story didnt get interesting until about mid-way.

the gameplay was inaccessible to newcomers, but there were really good things about it. i think the Tactics team have done an excellent job with Vagrant Story, Tactics Ogre and FF Tactics, making those games popular without relying on the FF brand (except for Tactics obviously).

but this presentation is only for production team 1, and its unlikely FF15 will be announced if the other team are producing it..... however the only reason i'm interested in this thing is because i'm hoping Wada says a few words at the end saying that FF15 will be a more tradational RPG in early  development stages with the other team.

Around the Network
A203D said:
Soriku said:
Wagram said:
Mad55 said:
Wagram said:

I wonder if anything from Tri-Ace will be there. Looking forward to seeing what their next game is.

i hope its star ocean 5.

Me too.

Uh, not before they make VP3: Hrist.

Also their 1st Production Department is just in charge of FF and KH. They'll most likely show off KH BBS Final Mix, KH 3D, Agito, Versus, that FF Type 0 whatever, and also FF V VC (date for that in Japan is 1/18, same as the conference). No tri-Ace/DQ/whatever else.

I posted a link at the beginning of this thread and it seems there is now:

FF Type 1, FF Type 2, and FF Type 3. so i think those will also be revealed.

It will be interesting to find out more about what these "Type" registrations are all about. btw it looks like FF was not attached to Type 1, 2 and 3 which is odd when FF was attached to Type 0 

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

A203D said:
The Fury said:
Rob-Ot said:
The Fury said:

I think Rob-Ot has a good point, my best save file of FF12 is 180 hours, (and i still didnt finish everything). and while i though some parts where very good,  the story felt too disjointed at times, and the main characters wernt connected enough to the plot. and the beginning was boring, the story didnt get interesting until about mid-way.

the gameplay was inaccessible to newcomers, but there were really good things about it. i think the Tactics team have done an excellent job with Vagrant Story, Tactics Ogre and FF Tactics, making those games popular without relying on the FF brand (except for Tactics obviously).

but this presentation is only for production team 1, and its unlikely FF15 will be announced if the other team are producing it..... however the only reason i'm interested in this thing is because i'm hoping Wada says a few words at the end saying that FF15 will be a more tradational RPG in early  development stages with the other team.

BTW I have friends with over 300 Hours on FFXII with everything done. 

Also I guess you can't blame SE for experimenting with new ideas even under the Ff banner but the odd part about the Tradional ascpts of Ff is the FFVersusXIII looks like is going to more of a trational FF then FFXII and FFXIII despite it being an Action RPG according to Nomura san.  

also in a funny side note I said just after The Japanese Version of FFXIIII came out ago to some friends that it is very funny that FFXIII is more of Action RPG with Traditional ATB Battle System and FFVersusXII is more Traditional even though it is an Action RPG. it's almost if Nomura san looked at what FFXIII was Turing into and said lets make my Game more Traditional.  

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

Square Penix? Has it anything to do with that obnoxious Spongebob faggot?  :-? 

O noez! I wrote "faggot"! Now Canadaliban Ministry of the Propagation of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice will be close on my heels!  =:-O 

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Christian973 said:
Cunning_Linguist said:

my prediction:

FFXIII-2 announce  - boooos from the whole crowd except for one guy fapping to pics of Lightning and Fang

FFXIII VS - 15 sec trailer to stop people forgetting that it does really exist somewhere, no new info

Agito - new trailer and 2011 but nothing to actually tell us what the game is about/gameplay is like etc

KH 3DS - might be a new game but more likely just a port of BBS with 3d tacked on

another release of KH BBS

FFXIII international on PS3

everyone goes home dissapointed and hating Wada even more

You're right. Though i disagree with KH 3D. It's been confirmed as a new game. Hopefully Agito gets ported to 3DS. If it doesn't, expect Agito sales to be very poor.

and why?i mean the DS and PSP sales of Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy are quite the same although the DS handheld sales are twice as big...so why Agito would sell not as much as on the 3DS?this makes no sense...

how much longer what time japan time does it start