By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can the PS3 win without NA?

highwaystar101 said:
The question is can Xbox win without japan

Yes but that's not indicative of anything, as it also would need to have a stronger share in Europe/Other, which it doesn't.

Around the Network

The PS3 will come around in NA eventually, and do splendidly in the rest of the world.

Heh, the PS3 will be competitve. You know outselling a few weeks or so, but the 360 is firmly planted in NA.

Also, please! If any console should be bought, it's the 360 by a mile! You get your worth out of both 360 and PS3. That bogus. (please consider that Im talking about games released now.....)

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I remember a debate where some one mentioned that back the NES & GEN days when NES lost its footing in the states, but ultimately won over Japan & Europe.

But I would say, its best if they regain some of the loss in the states.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

Mummelmann said:
The PS3 will come around in NA eventually, and do splendidly in the rest of the world.

How so?  There must be something that would cause this.

Around the Network
Zucas said:
Mummelmann said:

How so? There must be something that would cause this.

It will sell better when the "big" games comes out for it. It will have respectable third place. Nintendo and Microsoft have released big games such as Metroid, Galaxy, Bioshock, Halo 3, Forza 2 and on. Sony have tried releasing new IPs that have not sold well. We will see how sales will be with MGS4 and GT5.

Zucas said:
Mummelmann said:

How so? There must be something that would cause this.

Lower price and games, lasting appeal and good 2nd party support. I know most users on Vgchartz want Sony to burn for some obscure reason, but I don't, and I think they'll come around after a tough start with a ludicrous price and much controversy (Blu-Ray "pushing" etc).

allstarr35 said:
Onimusha12 said:
Since America is the largest of the three major markets, its unlikely. The Japanese simply just don't buy enough to tip the scales in anyone's favor by a significant margin. And Europe is still Wii country.

yeah how can the win with out the biggest market ???

Logic!

Seriously though, Sony will not die in NA- it will continue to increase its percentage of marketshare in North America. And NA + Europe will continue to be Sony.

So can it win without NA?

The real question is, how the word "without" is being used here.  

If Sony continues to underperform the 360 in NA, and continues to win Europe+Japan, then Yes Sony can eventually "win" , but it will take a long time.

If sony sold nothing in NA, then ofcourse they stand no chance- but that is not what the question is asking.

IMO, it is hard to view the 360 as anything other than a sinking ship- when future software is considered. 

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

DOWN WITH SONY!

patriot7mejr said:
DOWN WITH SONY!

Yes, heres your lollipop, go play outside.

Seriously however, the PS3 isnt going to lose America, but GT5 and MGS4 will have to have MAJOR impacts so that Sony can regain some of their lost footing. I think if sony can gain around 25% of NA (with Wii and Xbox split rather equally) then it'll be fine (at least against the 360). To compete with the Wii it'll need to at least equal the Xbox in America and overtake the Wii in Japan or Europe.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey.