By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why PS3 games sales is doing much better in Europe.?

warranty ends after 3 years. And how are they going to play after that?
What about scratching discs? lol.

lol. you don`t know what games? poor guy.

RTFM.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

Because a lot of "us" (European) have no brain play 1 and 2 were success and we continue to be "sheep" and buy play 3 and game on the system, Sony's marketing on play 1 and 2 were a big success for the firm...

We Europeans do love our singstar and Pro Evo. Everyone knows that xbox pro evo is fake pro evo. The controller just isn't as good for it.Since the PS3 is doing great in Europe maybe that will encourage Sony to make a bigger investment here. Europe can finally have a company that might actually care about it!!! Big Phil Harrison did say he wanted Europe to be big for PS3.

http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/9096.cfm

"This is the third continent out of three, but it is the most important...It's got most countries, it's the most people, it's the most cultures...the fact that we've got the launch here with more consoles shipped on day one that we've ever had in our history is a compliment to the importance of the European market." 

Yes

cool48 said:
The biggest reason : The Name

It's more thanthe name...  It's the quality, games, multimedia, entertainment.  People are not that dumb that they rely on a name sake. I'm sure people research before they buy a product. 

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

kirby007 said:
CrazzyMan said:
Because PS3 is best console to date.

People know, that when their x360 will brake, they won`t be able to play x360 games, unless they buy new x360.
They don`t have to worry about that with PS3 console. :)

warranty....

what games on the ps3?

grow up

1.  The Ps3 doesn't have defects like the 360.

2.  There are awesome games on the ps3... Go buy a ps3 and check it out!

3.  Maybe you too should grow up for being a smart ass :P 

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

Around the Network
finalsquall said:
cool48 said:
The biggest reason : The Name

It's more thanthe name... It's the quality, games, multimedia, entertainment. People are not that dumb that they rely on a name sake. I'm sure people research before they buy a product.

You'd be surprised. More people research thanks to the ease of use and spread of the interent. But in reality the number of people who research before they buy are still in the vast minority. In fact, researching the product and brand name are polar opposites. Those that are brand name loyal do not research their product. It likely is mostly brand loyalty honestly, as people in America are actually more likely to do research.

The American economy is in a state of hurt with everything that's going on. You add that to the fact that bank side inflation is outrageous (which the government decided isn't worth tracking anymore... wonder why) and you have a lot of people here in the US cautious about that they buy. It's no surprise the Wii was a good sell. The price. And on the other hand, the PS3 isn't doing well for the same reason.

Also, I wouldn't put it past Microsoft or one of it's subsidiaries to pay people to hit up blog and forums posting nothing but bad news (or employees doing it in their off time?), or there are some really simple minded people spreading around completely irrelevant information about Sony and/or the Playstation brand trying to discredit them. The latter makes sense because of the price of the consoles. When you spend $300+ on a device that is in an exclusivity based market, you want your purchase to succeed so you have the biggest opportunity for games.

That's also why you get these people like eugene and macross digging up anything and everything said and twisting it to fit their own agenda.

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

ion-storm said:

We Europeans do love our singstar and Pro Evo. Everyone knows that xbox pro evo is fake pro evo. The controller just isn't as good for it.Since the PS3 is doing great in Europe maybe that will encourage Sony to make a bigger investment here. Europe can finally have a company that might actually care about it!!! Big Phil Harrison did say he wanted Europe to be big for PS3.

http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/9096.cfm

"This is the third continent out of three, but it is the most important...It's got most countries, it's the most people, it's the most cultures...the fact that we've got the launch here with more consoles shipped on day one that we've ever had in our history is a compliment to the importance of the European market."

Pro Evo is on every system (or will be when it hits Wii in 08) and the 360 version is better than the PS3 version (all the reviews have said this).  The singstar comment makes a lot of sense, though.  Highschool Musical is another big seller on the PS2 and the Wii to a lesser extend. 

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Guys this good... but wot changes u will recommend based on the statistics. I think if i be at any decission making position in Sony PS3 then i will surely like to make the Europe as the first launch point. Europe has the diversity and also is more receptive to new games.

Secondly i think by launching the game in Europe early and then introducing it in American you can also sort of provide americans some discount because u already have a strong user base and by providing discount at the launch of America you can stir an extra demand for it... Like instead of $60 as launch price make it like $49.99 at launch week in America. get a strong user base no matter even if it hurts a little extra..

I mean they have to do something and if they don't do something quick i m not sure they r going to survive much.

CrazzyMan said:
warranty ends after 3 years. And how are they going to play after that?
What about scratching discs? lol.

lol. you don`t know what games? poor guy.

RTFM.

it is a blu-ray player right?

i really didnot know you can play games on it must be bad games

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.