By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why PS3 games sales is doing much better in Europe.?

America is seriously very extreme about the PS3. Its becoming an outcast from all angles there. Even the owners are getting somewhat even hazed for it... which is like... woah.

I dont know about Europe but I think its because when they finally set themselves on a goal, they wont back out. Luckily enough the PS3 has managed to build up a decent collection of games at this years ending.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

Around the Network
dishdash said:

The marketing in Europe is just as bad if not even worse.Absolutely awful.As someone has already said. There's been a systematic demonising of the ps3 in the US and that has seeped into the UK market. It's plain to see. The source of that or the motives I wont speculate.

Normally I would agree, but this past christmas season has been a huge turnabout.

Here in Denmark for example... nothing BUT PS3 TV spots: Uncharted, Heavenly, Ratchet & Assassin's Creed PS3 only tv spots. Its really amazing how hard Sony is pushing. I just hope the fucking kill the "this is living" campaign some time early next year.

360 is on the brink of death here.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

I've noticed that there are 11 different languages in the European version of Heavenly Sword. If this is the same for most first/second party Sony games (I can't tell - I import most of my games), then maybe it could be why the PS3 is selling better in Europe. 

What is the attach number in europe?

One big reason is likely the big football (soccer) games that are pretty much a must have. Combine that with bundling and i think you've got a large portion of that.

rukusa said:
dishdash said:

The marketing in Europe is just as bad if not even worse.Absolutely awful.As someone has already said. There's been a systematic demonising of the ps3 in the US and that has seeped into the UK market. It's plain to see. The source of that or the motives I wont speculate.

Normally I would agree, but this past christmas season has been a huge turnabout.

Here in Denmark for example... nothing BUT PS3 TV spots: Uncharted, Heavenly, Ratchet & Assassin's Creed PS3 only tv spots. Its really amazing how hard Sony is pushing. I just hope the fucking kill the "this is living" campaign some time early next year.

360 is on the brink of death here.

:)

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Because PS3 is best console to date.

People know, that when their x360 will brake, they won`t be able to play x360 games, unless they buy new x360.
They don`t have to worry about that with PS3 console. :)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

leo-j said:
No its because europeans have more money than typical americans.
 Are you serious?  Americans tend to have more buying power of goods inside their nation than people in just about any nation with over 25,000,000 people.  It has been this way for more than 100 years. 1st off, for for the size of the base, Americans are buying an ok amount of PS3 games.  However, the base is not massive because, so far, people tend to like the 360 and Wii more.  I have never met anyone that told me they had a PS3, never seen one outside of a store, and never overhead two people talking about a PS3.  Whereas, in almost all of Europe, the PS3 is either the 1st or 2nd console.   

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

FreeTalkLive rocks! said:
leo-j said:
No its because europeans have more money than typical americans.
Are you serious? Americans tend to have more buying power of goods inside their nation than people in just about any nation with over 25,000,000 people. It has been this way for more than 100 years. 1st off, for for the size of the base, Americans are buying an ok amount of PS3 games. However, the base is not massive because, so far, people tend to like the 360 and Wii more. I have never met anyone that told me they had a PS3, never seen one outside of a store, and never overhead two people talking about a PS3. Whereas, in almost all of Europe, the PS3 is either the 1st or 2nd console.

Not to mention the US are more likely to exercise their buying power. Leo-J isnt' serious though. I mean, surely he remembers that in America they had an NPD study that showed that the people with the most money own wii's and that people with PS3's were the lowest when it came to affluence. So it's not like people can't afford the PS3.

misteromar mk4 said:
What is FUD campaign?
 Yes, what is this.  If anything, I'd say the US media has overhyped the PS3 and underhyped the 360 and DS. 

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

CrazzyMan said:
Because PS3 is best console to date.

People know, that when their x360 will brake, they won`t be able to play x360 games, unless they buy new x360.
They don`t have to worry about that with PS3 console. :)

warranty....

what games on the ps3?

grow up

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.