By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantay Versus XIII Official VGC Thread

Onibaka said:

IMO, FFversusXIII is looking more like KH than FF. Gameplay of KH in a FF setting....AWESOME!!

Now it might pain traditional FF fans but I must say this is looking great. For this to become a solid AAA and have strong sales is just great reviews, word of mouth, and one hell of an advertising campaign.

Sony/Square better start pushing advertising funds if the gameplay is deemed worthy.

Around the Network

Hand on heart, I'm very disappointed by the gameplay I've seen in the trailer for 1st Procuction Department Premiere. This game began production in late 2005 and this is the gameplay? Just HD gameplay of Kingdom Hearts and Crisis Core: FFVII with some Dirge of Cerberus: FFVII on top? This is BIG FAIL!

Honestly, people that like this game have to be a blind FF and KH fanboys or graphics whores. There is nothing amazing about the gameplay in this game AT ALL. The battle system in Bayonetta murders this game.

wow good read thanks

People I have updated the Characters, Gameplay Info and Trailers Sections!!!

If you go look in the Character and Gameplay Sections, you'll see *NEW INFO* written and underneath them will be the new info and I'll be using that system so that you can see what has been updated.

Also 1UP has uploaded a decent version of the Final Fantasy Versus XIII trailer so it's up in the Trailers Section. On the 27th we Square Enix releases the HD version of it, I shall upload that here and let you all know.

Keep checking back here and starting making discussions!!!

I shall share my impressions on the trailer here soon and I can't wait since I'm over the Moon with that trailer :D

Around the Network

I had enough of this game already , I want no more , this latest trailer says it all

They got many things right, the combat system is well balanced between stylish attacks , magic , summons , skills ( that warping is just so cool :p ) , guns and the ability to control other members of your party, for some reason they removed the blood effect while hitting you enemies , I hope they bring that back . Still the combat need some improvment  ..some weight so you would feel that you made a damage .

We got various atmospheres, the city looks like nowadays cities in Japan , colorful forest and that flying/falling platform , Many things can happen while you are running around, explosions, falling planes and buldings ( Is that what you call scale of the game ?! )

The characters, Noctis seems funny , childish and obsessed with his power ( wait, why I'm running , I'm the strongest... lol )  any yet he carries a heavy burden and you can see that at the end of the trailer , he likes to sleep much which is a major part of the story I believe . It's that magic Nomura always casts on me , when he writes the story I always feel that I'm attach to the characters.

What else ? enough I guess

As I said no more Versus for me till the game is actually released , I'll avoid any new trailers/infos ( god help me ) , SE did spoil FFXIII , they showed us almost every character and their summons plus very Important parts of the story/cutscenes.

EDIT : I didn't mention the music !!... Fail , Yoko has exceeded herself , truly amazing .

New interview with Nomura

Famitsu now has their interview up with Tetsuya Nomura on Final Fantasy Versus XIII. Most of the stuff has already been said from Dengeki. So here are Anoop's translations on what has not been said.

• Your characters in Versus will not have jobs. However, your enemies will include dragon knights (or dragoons if you prefer) and summoners.
  • There is a summoning element to the game.
  • Your weapon selection will include: swords, axes, spheres, hand guns, machine guns, rifles, bazookas, and shot guns. This is just a partial list, though.
  • The Ignis character (the guy with the glasses) is good with assist-style attacks. He can toss knives at enemies. (Note: I'm not sure if Nomura actually uses the Ignis name, or if it's just the person who wrote the summary.)
  • The character with the scar on his face uses a fighting style. He can make use of a pile bunker and broad sword.
  • The blonde character is a gunner
  • The game will have positional damage elements for attacking enemies.
  • Larger enemies will have weak points.
  • The game does not have team attacks for your party members. Repeat: does not.
  • You can combo your attacks across character changes -- that is, you can keep your combo going when you switch the character you're currently controlling. As an example, you can make the scarfaced character do positional damage with his hammer, then switch to Ignis, or you can make the enemy shrink away in fear from Ignis's magic then call in another character to attack.
  • You can bring party members back to life if they die. The exception is Noctis. If he dies, the game ends
  • The difficulty is being set towards the high end.

-----

A spear-like weapon .. nice

Gameplay screens are incredible. Nuff Said.

I'm jizzing over all Versus XIII news.

Man waiting 5 years to finally see Gameplay screens is just incredible really...

HD trailer :

Make sure to watch it in 1080p too :

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/fabula/versus13/