By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft ran out of consoles at the end of December, Jan/Feb supply tight

BenVTrigger said:
Beuli2 said:
Nintendogamer said:
Beuli2 said:

This is going to be their excuse for loosing to Nintendo in December confirmedz.

What if 360 beat Wii in December regarldess of the shortages?

Except the shortages are fake. They can't counter that since they used the same argument last year for the Wii.

Please do yourself a favor and don't say shortages are fake when they are 100% real.

Also Wii beat 360 in December.

But Wii and PS3 shortages were fake too last year...

Above: still the best game of the year.

Around the Network

Shortages? What? Where? So the huge piles of XB360s and Kinects I saw yesterday at MediaWorld, were they cheap Chinese fakes? Now I understand why nobody was buying them...

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Seece said:
Immortal said:

"Err... it's not our fault, I tell you. If it weren't for the shortages, I bet those 2m people who bought Wii over 360 would have bought 360 instead. Yeah, that's it!"

xD.

I think this confirms that they're at least 1m behind Wii for December now, and I'll be crying if they still randomly turn out to be ahead or within 500k.

God, do you even listen to what you come out with "This confirms they're at least 1 mill behind"

They and nobody else would suggest those people wouldn't have bought a Wii if a 360 was available, but if the gap is something like 300k then it could have been swayed into 360's favour.

They're not going to be ahead by "500k" either .. you don't really have a clue when it comes to what kind of numbers are going to be posted do you? o_o

Can't you tell between a serious post and a fanboyish post?

I don't see why the 500k part was too ridiculous though. VGC has it at about 500k and this news shows that 360 is probably doing unexpectedly under expectations due to shortages so that gap will likely widen a bit to over 500k as long as VGC has Wii spot on, which we have no real reason to doubt as of yet.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

I can confirm this. No xbox360 in 3 my local stores for 2 weeks or so.

Alby_da_Wolf said:

Shortages? What? Where? So the huge piles of XB360s and Kinects I saw yesterday at MediaWorld, were they cheap Chinese fakes? Now I understand why nobody was buying them...

Are you from the U.S ??

Around the Network

Doesn't someone do this every year? Having said that, the Xbox has undoubtedly done very well in America

johnglen said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

Are you from the U.S ??

I am from the U.S and there is just no way to tell if there are shortages or not. You can go to one store and find tons of 360's and go to another and find none. The only way to tell is from Microsoft or a retail giant. I hate it when people go "oh i haven't seen any 360's around" or "oh, i see tons of them stocked up". It is just stupid and is most likely a lie unless it comes from MS/retailer. 

johnglen said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

Are you from the U.S ??

No. Was the news referred only to US? It makes more sense then, Kinect succeeded beyond the rosiest dreams of MS most faithful fans there...

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Seece said:

Ugh, MS should really know how to judge demand by now, shortages is not a good enough excuse.

They probably couldn't make enough. They just introduced a completely new hardware revision, how many consoles have had that many consoles to ship in the first year? The same goes for the PS3 slim as well.

Tease.

Alby_da_Wolf said:
johnglen said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

Are you from the U.S ??

No. Was the news referred only to US? It makes more sense then, Kinect succeeded beyond the rosiest dreams of MS most faithful fans there...

Well it is in reference to NPD and NPD only tracks US.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.