By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales January 2-9

Boutros said:

Oh...

Well I hope the PS3 version will meet their expectations.

It's only chance is if they get rid of the book imo.  Also, it'd probably help if they started the advertising more than week before launch, unlike the DS version... particularly on PS3, it seems companies need to start revving the base really early.

Then again, I think we'll see lowered expectations on L5's part, Hino wanted the game to sell 1-2m across DS & PS3 and if the DS version comes in only around 500k, that's going to be a tough climb.

Around the Network
Boutros said:

Am I the only one who thinks Ni no kuni is doing amazing?

I wasn't expecting it to do so good after the FW numbers.

It will easily reach 500k which is very good for a new IP.

And besides, some people might be waiting for the PS3 version.

Well Ninokuni is well below my pre-release expectations, but I think it's doing better than I expected after it's FW was announced.

I really hope NoE pick it up for localisation

NoCtiS_NoX said:
Boutros said:

With 600k shipped by Level-5 and with it's massive price slash of the game of almost 50%.  It is hard to be amazed with the sales IMO.

I am pretty worried for the PS3's version of the game now. 

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/01/02/ni-no-kuni-prices-slashed-at-japanese-retail/

Well, that price slash might not have anything to do how much developer gets money from the game. With most products in stores, producers of the product get the money when retailers buys product from them. Retailer may 
order 100 copies and only sell 10 copies at full price and still it wouldn't matter. Heck, producers gets exactly same money even if those products would never be sold to customers. It doesn't matter if retailer sells the game in the end for $1000 or $1, only retailer price matter to producer, not customer price. There are exceptions to this but this is most common practice.

However, if they produce a lot copies AND retailers don't buy them, then they could lose a lot of money.

Ni No kuni DS did horribly :( hope the ps3 version does better but have my doubts

anywho MH!!!!!!! psp is doing just ok cuz of shortages sadly, hope they fix it soon

and ps3>wii? sweet

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Untamoi said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:
Boutros said:

With 600k shipped by Level-5 and with it's massive price slash of the game of almost 50%.  It is hard to be amazed with the sales IMO.

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/01/02/ni-no-kuni-prices-slashed-at-japanese-retail/

Well, that price slash might not have anything to do how much developer gets money from the game. With most products in stores, producers of the product get the money when retailers buys product from them. Retailer may 
order 100 copies and only sell 10 copies at full price and still it wouldn't matter. Heck, producers gets exactly same money even if those products would never be sold to customers. It doesn't matter if retailer sells the game in the end for $1000 or $1, only retailer price matter to producer, not customer price. There are exceptions to this but this is most common practice.

However, if they produce a lot copies AND retailers don't buy them, then they could lose a lot of money.

not sure what your point is since he never argue the point of how much money Level 5 is making. The price slash just means how desparately retailers want to get rid of the stock and it might affect retailer's initial order for PS3 version of Nino Kuni.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Around the Network
saicho said:
Untamoi said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:
Boutros said:

not sure what your point is since he never argue the point of how much money Level 5 is making. The price slash just means how desparately retailers want to get rid of the stock and it might affect retailer's initial order for PS3 version of Nino Kuni.

Not only that, but it might affect future Level 5 games.

rccsetzer said:
saicho said:
Untamoi said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:
Boutros said:

Not only that, but it might affect future Level 5 games.

Apparently the game isn't that good anyway. 

Boutros said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:
Boutros said:

Oh...

Well I hope the PS3 version will meet their expectations.

It would be sad if that game can't do 350k plus. 

Acevil said:

Ninokuni PS3 underselling WKC would be a travesty of epic proportions. :/

jarrod said:
Acevil said:

Ninokuni PS3 underselling WKC would be a travesty of epic proportions. :/

Exactly, that is why I felt putting under 300k as a travesty since WKC did that .