By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's been your greatest online experience?

Preferably non-PC. If you do list a PC game, then list a non-PC game too please. (for me)

My greatest online experience has been SOCOM Fire Team Bravo 1 on the PSP. It's probably the few online games that I could play every day for months (Years) at a time. I would play this game whenever I went to the bathroom. The game is awesome. When you win a game with a team, you know you did something right. When you lose, you know you did something wrong (like taking a bad route, rushing in without back-up, etc.). 

There were tons of hackers. I would say about 1 in 5 games had hackers or glitchers, however I still came in game after game to play more and more. It was that Awesome. I don't play it much today because there are about 30 people playing at a time (mostly hackers).

SOCOM offers something that other games can't match (Uncharted, Gears of War, Call of Duty). I don't know what it is, but if I had to guess. I would say that the maps were the main reason why online was so awesome.The game is Fucking Awesome.

I think that's the main reason I can't play too much of games like Uncharted or Gears online. The levels are poorly designed IMO. Two Reasons. 1.) they were too small and 2.) there was cover everywhere. You could move two steps, take cover, take two steps, take cover, etc. With SOCOM there wasn't much cover and if you wanted to get from your base to your enemies base, you and you're team would have to carefully plan a careful route to get there. Long Story short, The maps were awesome. Oh and Stealth was also important in SOCOM. 

I love playing Suppression with no respawn or playing captive. 

I'm SUPER HYPED for SOCOM 4. The gameplay looks completely dissimilar to past SOCOM's but I'm still buying it. If Zipper keeps making those awesome maps, then I'm sure I'll love it. If SOCOM played like Uncharted 2 and had the same maps from SOCOM FTB1, then, I'm pretty sure I'd love it.

I haven't played any of the SOCOM's on the PS2, but I hear those are the best. I played SOCOM: Confrontation (PS3), however, I still need to play more of it.

I want to buy FTB2 & FTB3 but I'm afraid there won't be many people playing. Does anyone own either of those games?

I'm hoping Sony makes a SOCOM game for the PSP2, I'd buy one. SOCOM needs more Love everywhere.

And Left 4 Dead 2 would take my #2 spot. It's always fun to sneak on people with that lizard thing and catch them with your tongue.

Bad Company 2 is awesome too!

Around the Network

Online is pretty much new on consoles so I'm going to limit myself with this gen.

So it's probably Uncharted 2 or Fat Princess. So much fun!

Probably free roam in Red Dead Redemption. I've had so much fun turning the tables on people who try to gank me by counterganking them until they ragequit, and finding ridiculous ways to kill my friends (throwing knife duels and whatnot).

Well before you cry over Confrontation crappyness. Lucky it was not made by Zipper Interactive. 

But yes Zipper Interactive was the king of PS2 online back in the day, i am sure they can pull off another great game

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

Killzone 2. Making the opposing team think im one of them and then shoving my elbow in their face.

Around the Network

bad company 2 or COD4 probly...i havnt played much online games cause i only got a wireless router back in 2009...could never get into halo online..idk it feels to slow..not a fan...single player is alrright tho,never played gears of war 2 online cause i could never find a match..completed the single player in gears 1 and 2

and then theres COD4...the first online console game i ever played..and loved it..it was such a new amazing experience for me

p.s i did play runescape for a few years back in 2005

Uncharted 2!!!

Demons souls I suppose- since were limited to consoles

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

cod4 great balanced online, my first online  game. I cant believe how much time i spent on it. Havent had anything quite like it since unfortunately.

EVERY GAMERS WORST NIGHTMARE...THE TANGLING CABLES MONSTER!

Coffee is for closers!

The weekly VGC Mario Kart Wii League.  That's the most intense competition I've ever faced.

Switch: SW-5066-1525-5130

XBL: GratuitousFREEK