By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What woudl be the next iteration of the Wiimote?

Sony does what Nintendo doesand doesn't always suck at it.

N64 has that rumble pack

PS got their rumble built in the controllers

N64 had the analog stick and C buttons

PS got the dual analog controllers

GC got their...controller?

PS2 got pressure sensitive buttons

Wii has the Wiimote and attachments, but runs on batteries

PS3 gets tilt and...loses rumble, but recharges

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I'm not sure what would be the similar thing to the N64 expansion pak thingy (With Donkey Kong 64?)

They went different ways with saving the game but all followed Xbox with the Hard Drive now. I have a feeling I'm missing something... I'll just wait for something to point it out if I did.

Around the Network

ranzchic's avatar will be the next Wimote

Wii will dominate the handjob market.  It's got the rumble feature too! 

Kwaad said:

I feel the next Wiimote will be more like 2 nunchucks, both 100% wireless.

I think it'll be more like two Wiimotes (pointers in both conrollers). I've got lots of ideas on what to add to the next "Wiimote", but it's very hard to balance the versatility and simplicity. As someone already said, hopefully it's very accurate and translates the movements 1:1.

Yulegoat said:

I think it'll be more like two Wiimotes (pointers in both conrollers). I've got lots of ideas on what to add to the next "Wiimote", but it's very hard to balance the versatility and simplicity. As someone already said, hopefully it's very accurate and translates the movements 1:1.

OMG, how cool would that be? i think they may do that as well and that would be cool with to pointers. so far in any game with duel weapons, they both aim at the same spot. but with 2 pointers you could easily make it so one controlled one and one controlled the other (kinda like reallife) that would be so cool to go into an open room supporting dual weapons and being able to aim them both individually. that would be elit sauce.

A delayed game is good someday, a bad game is bad forever.

Yulegoat said:
Kwaad said:

Yeah, that is more what I meant. But I hate the square wii-mote. It's garbage just for how it feels. If it felt like the nunchuck I would love it. (the feel)

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network

They can easilly do that now, the two handed Wiimote. Just bundle another Wiimote with another budget game. Remember the two wiimote drums on the commercials? I can see them bundling a $30 Wii Music game with a $30 Wiimote. Only this time, Wii Music is actually worth it.

Kwaad said:
Yulegoat said:
Kwaad said:

Yeah, that is more what I meant. But I hate the square wii-mote. It's garbage just for how it feels. If it felt like the nunchuck I would love it. (the feel)

I'm not sure where you are comming from on that one. I think it fits in my hand beutifly. But I guess thats more of an opinion really.

I wouldnt like 2 nunchucks, it would cut down on the size too much. I think the wiimote feels great and has good button placement. I also like the feel of the nunchuck and botton placement, but booting it out for a second wiimote, a wiimote that is similar but different, would be great by me.

A delayed game is good someday, a bad game is bad forever.

I think the Wiimote might be more refined...but I don't see another bomb dropping like this for a long time. Perhaps more add ons or extensions of it's use but nothing more.

At least I don't see anything hitting for next generation like the Wiimote -although I would welcome it- : Especially considering how Nintendo’s competition has been sticks in the mud when it comes to innovation in the industry.

The brilliance of the Wiimote is taking something generations have been comfortable using, a remote control for TV, and using it to play games...on TV! ( I find it humorous, but understandable, when old folks talk about "Playing games on the TV." )

I suppose it would be equal, in thinking, to playing personal interactive games on the radio, of which the Wiimote is the equivalent to having a radio antenna becoming the controller. It’s a new perspective on the entire industry. I think the next step will have to be another design/ concept that is readily accepted in society and easily used for an even closer depiction of interactive ( read VR ) gaming.

Also in regards to Kwaad's thoughts on the Wiimote, personally I think it's great and haven't had any problems. With prior systems, I have actually received blisters from getting use to the controllers use while playing games. I especially remember having a scar on my palm for about a month from the analog stick on the N64 controller due to playing Mario Party.

I'm still impressed with the fact that when you invert the controller it essentially turns into a NES controller. -Ingenious-

Now where is my NES glove darnit?!

"There are three types of lies : Lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli ( Made famous by Mark Twain )

PSN ID: DeviantPathways

Wii Number: 0081 3044 1559 2355

DoesWhatNintenDont said:
I think the Wiimote might be more refined...but I don't see another bomb dropping like this for a long time. Perhaps more add ons or extensions of it's use but nothing more.

At least I don't see anything hitting for next generation like the Wiimote -although I would welcome it- : Especially considering how Nintendo’s competition has been sticks in the mud when it comes to innovation in the industry.

The brilliance of the Wiimote is taking something generations have been comfortable using, a remote control for TV, and using it to play games...on TV! ( I find it humorous, but understandable, when old folks talk about "Playing games on the TV." )

I suppose it would be equal, in thinking, to playing personal interactive games on the radio, of which the Wiimote is the equivalent to having a radio antenna becoming the controller. It’s a new perspective on the entire industry. I think the next step will have to be another design/ concept that is readily accepted in society and easily used for an even closer depiction of interactive ( read VR ) gaming.

Also in regards to Kwaad's thoughts on the Wiimote, personally I think it's great and haven't had any problems. With prior systems, I have actually received blisters from getting use to the controllers use while playing games. I especially remember having a scar on my palm for about a month from the analog stick on the N64 controller due to playing Mario Party.

I'm still impressed with the fact that when you invert the controller it essentially turns into a NES controller. -Ingenious-

Now where is my NES glove darnit?!

That last scentance is my point.

A controller is meant for 1 thing. not 2. not 3. The Wiimote is for at least 2.
My theory would be nunchuck, sized more like a Wiimote, with the sensor still attached to the top. Just held more like the nunchuck. I think the 1 analog stick, should function as a button, and then beside that have the d-pad, and below it 1 button, with 2 buttons on the back. Both sides should be near identical. (both with sensors)

http://splitfish.com/
(the DualFX controller)

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

I see what your saying Kwaad, but really the Wiimote is designed for one thing: Controls.

It just allows different interfaces for the same thing (i.e. options.) And for some games...that’s mighty helpful. Metal Slug + Wiimote = Ugh.

I'm having a bit of trouble envisioning your design, but I think I understand. My only issue would be how hard would the dual sensor bars make programing the control schemes?

Although, if mastered, it would be sweet pulling off a Darth Maul.

"There are three types of lies : Lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli ( Made famous by Mark Twain )

PSN ID: DeviantPathways

Wii Number: 0081 3044 1559 2355