By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What woudl be the next iteration of the Wiimote?

I think Nintendo should wait to see what Sony's going to bring out and copy them instead!  LOL.  Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I believe we'll see modest improvements.  My wish list includes location/orientation sensors that work without the bar, rechargable batteries that charge with your own movement and/or a power source, a grip on the underside of the unit and an analog trigger.  I'd also like to see the Wii 2 be able to handle more than four Wiimotes at a time.

Beyond that, it would be nice to have a mini screen similar to the Dreamcast with its VMU.  (I'm surprised no one's done something like that since.)

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

Around the Network

How about motion feedback? For example, when a sword hits someting in the game, you feel a recoil-like movement. A robust version could be made with using 3 gyroscopes (one for each dimension) inside the controller (a bit like in powerball), but with current technology it would be very loud, power consuming and expensive. If there would be a virtual keyboard and fingers on screen which translates the movement of the fingers, there would be no need for physical keyboard.

Button wise, I think a good solution would be 4 buttons plus analog stick for thumbs and 3 pressure sensitive buttons for index finger, middle finger and ring finger. I have already a concept in my mind and I might draw it at some point.

EDIT: by the way, check out the Powerball World Record: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXbax3wh99M