By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - GAMESRADAR: Kinect is indeed fastest-selling game hardware ever

Fumanchu said:
libellule said:

the truth is : it is not an hardware

isnt it obvious ???

neverthless, it is the most fastest and successfull accessory to date 

I remember seeing an article talking about how, IN FRANCE, Kinect, despite is later launch and PS3 bigger userbase, has sold about equally to Move.

?? Kinect has been downgraded again...it isn't even hardware now, it's all a figment of your imagination.

comeback when you have a point

Time to Work !

Around the Network
AussieGecko said:
libellule said:

isnt it obvious ???

neverthless, it is the most fastest and successfull accessory to date 

I remember seeing an article talking about how, IN FRANCE, Kinect, despite is later launch and PS3 bigger userbase, has sold about equally to Move.

wow Kinect is really good 3d, just looks like a "hardware" object not simply a game... jeepers, you learn something everyday...

REAL: Yes Kinect is hardware, it is certainly not software, share ware or wii ware

sure, it is a physical object,
sure, it is not a software

but hardware is USUALLY the word we use to talk about a console sku, this is what is counted in the main page of VGChartz.

if you want you can count kinect/wiimote/pseye has an hardware etc ....you can do it
but I would keep using the word peripheral (hardware) ... it looks fairer to me

Time to Work !

thranx said:
libellule said:

hard·ware  (härdwâr)

n.
1. Metal goods and utensils such as locks, tools, and cutlery.
a. Computer Science A computer and the associated physical equipment directly involved in the performance of data-processing or communications functions.
b. Machines and other physical equipment directly involved in performing an industrial, technological, or military function.
3. Informal Weapons, especially military weapons.
Seems like it fits the bold pretty well. I am not saying it is a console, but it is definatly hardware. I don't think that can really be argued even in semantics.

well, here we go again

we commonly use hardware to talk about console but, you have a point : kinect can also be called an hardware

I m just a bit doubtfull when I see peole using the word "hardware" while I would have used the more accurare word "peripheral" to talk about kinect.

I have never see any one using the word "hardware" to design paddle, wiimote, pseye, wiiboard.... all these would have been called "accessory", "peripheral" IMO

Time to Work !

libellule said:

sure, it is a physical object,
sure, it is not a software

but hardware is USUALLY the word we use to talk about a console sku, this is what is counted in the main page of VGChartz.

if you want you can count kinect/wiimote/pseye has an hardware etc ....you can do it
but I would keep using the word peripheral (hardware) ... it looks fairer to me

I dont give a toss what VGC thinks it is, the actually site that was linked was GamesRadar, you commented about that. You are wrong.

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

How about fastest-selling game accessory? or fastest-selling game ADD-ON?

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

Around the Network

7 million units when there's 50 million X360 sold and climbing. WOW
I would probably get it if I had the space for it =P

The best thing MS did, IMO, was allowing the hackers contuniuing to hack.

Christian973 said:

How about fastest-selling game accessory? or fastest-selling game ADD-ON?

coz its a piece of hardware

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Click on our website:

http://www.etradinglife.com

The website wholesale various fashion shoes, such as Nike, Jordan, prada, also includes the jeans, shirt, bags, hats and decoration. All these products are our free transport, prices are competitive, we can also accept paypal j, after the payment within short time, can ship.

accept the paypal

SOCCER JERSEY 16US

jordan shoes $32

Christan Audigier bikini $23

Ed Hardy Bikini $23

Sunglass $15

COACH_Necklace $27

handbag $33

AF tank woman $17

libellule said:
thranx said:
libellule said:

hard·ware  (härdwâr)

n.
1. Metal goods and utensils such as locks, tools, and cutlery.
a. Computer Science A computer and the associated physical equipment directly involved in the performance of data-processing or communications functions.
b. Machines and other physical equipment directly involved in performing an industrial, technological, or military function.
3. Informal Weapons, especially military weapons.
Seems like it fits the bold pretty well. I am not saying it is a console, but it is definatly hardware. I don't think that can really be argued even in semantics.

well, here we go again

we commonly use hardware to talk about console but, you have a point : kinect can also be called an hardware

I m just a bit doubtfull when I see peole using the word "hardware" while I would have used the more accurare word "peripheral" to talk about kinect.

I have never see any one using the word "hardware" to design paddle, wiimote, pseye, wiiboard.... all these would have been called "accessory", "peripheral" IMO

They are all hardware also. Hardware is just such a general term, probably why they used it instead of console or peripheal as so many people argue over the latter two.

Is Wii Fit considered hardware as well?

Granted It's cheaper, but Wii Fit has sold 39 million so Kinect has awhile to go in that respect.

Either way tremendous for MS, it's pushing the 360 vs PS3 gap again and has given them a more concrete second place postion.

It's just that simple.