By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - GAMESRADAR: Kinect is indeed fastest-selling game hardware ever

In NO WAY is Kinect to be considered hardware.

Can you play any games with only a Kinect?  No

You need to buy a 360 as well.  Kinect is an accessory just like the balance board

Around the Network
irstupid said:

You need to buy a 360 as well.  Kinect is an accessory just like the balance board

Well actually it does fall under the definition of "hardware" but never mind :P

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

nevermind.

irstupid said:

Can you play an Xbox game without a controller device?  No.  So therefore by your definition a 360 isn't hardware either as you need another device to be able to play games with it.

daroamer said:
irstupid said:

Can you play an Xbox game without a controller device?  No.  So therefore by your definition a 360 isn't hardware either as you need another device to be able to play games with it.

Hardware definition: "Hardware is a general term for the physical artifacts of a technology. It may also mean the physical components of a computer system, in the form of computer hardware"

Im pretty shore kinect falls in that area :P. Im a ps3 fan so i dont care either way ^^

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:

nevermind.

I wanted to quote your first post in this thread ^^ but then i would have gotten told of for my sig being too long >_> because i didnt want to delete the kantor one xD

who cares if its hardware or an accessory .....Kinect is selling which is what really matters

The real question will be, Are Developers Gonna Develope games for the device now?

People are still on this hardware/accessory debate? C'mon, that's so 2010......new decade boys and girls, get some new material. Over 7 million sold, impressive.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

go kinect! i think final kinext sales can be anywhere from 20-35 million

Impossible. Kinect isn't for my console of choice and wasn't made by my favorite company, so it can't be hardware.

Logicz.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.