By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Wii reach 100m this year?

It'll reach 100m as someone before said it's sales aren't dependent on games like Galaxy 2, Zelda etc... but more on NSMBW and MK Wii which bring in new customers all the time and sell like mad.

Around the Network

If they release a new Wii model I can see it doing 105m easily. Otherwise it's gonna take a lot of inertia, price cut wouldn't be enough.

Possibly, but it would need something pretty big. Dragon Quest X, Wii Relax, or some hit 3rd party game on the scale of Just Dance could push it to 100 million. Maybe that uDraw game from THQ could do the trick.

Love and tolerate.

Almost certainly, of course, it could be higher if enough things happen to reignite its sales, bu 17 million for 2011 is almost a certainty

Salnax said:

Possibly, but it would need something pretty big. Dragon Quest X, Wii Relax, or some hit 3rd party game on the scale of Just Dance could push it to 100 million. Maybe that uDraw game from THQ could do the trick.

I don't think it needs any of that to get 16 million, 16 million is like a minimum, it needs other stuff to get over that

Around the Network

Nintendo needs to rethink its strategy if it plans to continuing its leadership. I can see Xbox taking over the remaining audience that is supposed to be picked up.

Azelover said:

Nintendo needs to rethink its strategy if it plans to continuing its leadership. I can see Xbox taking over the remaining audience that is supposed to be picked up.

How?  They couldn't even beat the Wii this Holiday

Yes 107M

The lowest sales I could realistically expect from the Wii in 2011 is 16 Million, the highest sales I could realistically expect from the Wii in 2011 is 20 Million, and I think 18 Million is closer to what the Wii will sell ...

With this in mind, unless there are substantial corrections to the current year's sales, I don't see how the Wii wouldn't pass 100 Million in 2011.