By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft: Every Kinect we make we sell

LOL, you are not even accounting for the fact that in Zwitserland the userbase of the XBOX360 is unequally distributed vs. the rest of Europe (low, that is).

Not that good of an estimation imo.

Everything you ever wanted to know about Kinect is right HERE
Around the Network

Yep, if VGChartz's numbers are correct, about 7.15M Kinect units have been sold to consumers meaning only about 850k Kinect Units are on retail shelves or in retail channels. Impressive job MS.

Nsanity said:

Examiner

At the end of February, Sony reported that they had shipped 4.1 million Playstation Move units to retail stores.  An impressive number for the PS3 motion controller but that doesn't give us a clear picture of how many Moves are actually in homes around the world.  Sony did not release any Move sales information today as part of their CES presentation.

http://www.examiner.com/console-gaming-in-national/microsoft-every-kinect-we-make-we-sell

Is this just a typo or something? I'm pretty sure Move wasn't available in February of last year, so Sony wouldn't have any reason to put out a statement about how many they had sold.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

well.... The PX here in Iraq has about 30 of them sitting on the shelve.... I dont think that is too representitive of all retailers... ; )

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

BenVTrigger said:

Its 7 million to consumer for sure at least.  There ARE NOT 1 million Kinects sitting on store shelves.  Not even close to it.

I agree. I think Greenberg means sold thru to retailers. His point is that once they hit retailers, they aren't coming back to Microsoft and will eventually sell thru to consumers. This makes sense since the Xbox 360 isn't being discontinued or phased out anytime soon. Anyway, 7 million or more is probably an accurate number.

Around the Network

Wow its incredible too see how much KINECT has sold!  

For those who can't read the update, from the OP:

"Update: Bloomber Tech Report Dina Bass got a clarification on the numbers from Microsoft by tweeting that, "Microsoft has clarified to me that the 8 million KInect number is sell in, or how many were shipped to retailers. Not sell thru."

Seems like VGChartz numbers are spot on and Microsoft have a huge success on their hands.

By the time ya'll stop arguing, 'sold to' would have become 'sold through' already.

Tease.

Agreed, if they had 8 million at retailers a few days ago, within a couple of weeks there will be 8 million SOLD!!  That is HUGE!

i would say that 8 million shipped, will translate to sold to customers by end of feb at the latest, based on its current selling power.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1