By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Has a Console ever has TWO launches before?

If you want actual multiple launches of 1 console in 1 region (ignoring test marketing) then there would be one instance of a console launching twice, the atari 7800,
in 1984 the atari 7800 originally launched and some systems were on store shelves but the console was shortly there after canceled by Jack Tremiel
in 1986 after the smashing success of the nes Jack Tremiel decided to go ahead with the 7800 and once again the system was launched,
though no one camped out or anything like that for the 7800 but in North America the system did indeed see 2 launches

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Around the Network

ok... I think you guys missed the point...
I DID NOT MEAN A REAL LAUNCH!!!!
I referred to what happened today as a Simile, I said LIKE a second launch...

Referring to the Combination of a high volume of consoles flooding the market and people lining up to buy them and there being a shortage to follow.. JEEZ..

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

tokilamockingbrd said:
ok... I think you guys missed the point...
I DID NOT MEAN A REAL LAUNCH!!!!
I referred to what happened today as a Simile, I said LIKE a second launch...

Referring to the Combination of a high volume of consoles flooding the market and people lining up to buy them and there being a shortage to follow.. JEEZ..

wouldn't that be every weekend for the wii since launch?

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rasone77 said:
Well, the Wii currently can't be purchased by everyone whenever they want is so I see his point.

Ebay?.. nuff said...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

I remeber the PS1 had christmas shortages for the first two christmas's, but that was when I was 7 so maybe I just got carried away with the PS1