By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nier will be turned into a SAGA! YES!!!

OK, I couldn't find the new in english... so I'll have to translate it from Spanish to English. I'll post the translation first and the original new below it!

Translated new:

Nier will be turned into a saga

Announcements will be made at a later stage

Daniel Escandell · 12:15 3/1/2011

With its European launch in the past month of April, Nier has become the sleeper hit of the market, and the plans are that it'll be turned into a saga.

Yosuke Saito, the highest man in charge of the first title, has assured japanese media that there are new projects based on this Intellectual Property already set in motion and that they'll, in fact, make an important announcement depending on how this year advances.

The first rumours point to a direct sequel to the series in the same consoles, that means, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. However, the possibility of them working on some sort of derived product cannot be discarded.

Original new in Spanish:

Nier se convertirá en saga

Se realizarán anuncios más adelante.
Con su lanzamiento europeo en el pasado mes de abril, Nier se convirtió en una pequeña sorpresa en el mercado, pero los planes pasan por convertirlo en una saga.

Yosuke Saito, máximo responsable del primer título, ha afirmado a medios japoneses que hay nuevos proyectos basados en esta propiedad intelectual en marcha, y que, de hecho, harán un importante anuncio según avance este año.

Los primeros rumores apuntan a una continuación directa de la serie en las mismas consolas, esto es, Xbox 360 y PlayStation 3, aunque tampoco se puede descartar que trabajen en alguna suerte de producto derivado.

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P

Around the Network

Good news! I finally started playing Nier the oher day, and it's really cool so far. Weiss is hilarious.

I haven't really decided whether to buy it yet, still on the fence about it. Although apparently it sold enough to get a sequel which says some things about this game.

badgenome said:

Good news! I finally started playing Nier the oher day, and it's really cool so far. Weiss is hilarious.

That's great!

A piece of advice for you:

When you go for the second ending, don't skip any cutscene! you will probably think they're all the same but they're not, some cutscenes will be added and some of the cutscenes you already watched will also change a little!

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P

Jdevil3 said:

OK, I couldn't find the new in english... so I'll have to translate it from Spanish to English. I'll post the translation first and the original new below it!

Translated new:

Nier will be turned into a saga

Announcements will be made at a later stage

With its European launch in the past month of April, Nier has become the sleeper hit of the market, and the plans are that it'll be turned into a saga.

Yosuke Saito, the highest man in charge of the first title, has assured japanese media that there are new projects based on this Intellectual Property already set in motion and that they'll, in fact, make an important announcement depending on how this year advances.

The first rumours point to a direct sequel to the series in the same consoles, that means, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. However, the possibility of them working on some sort of derived product cannot be discarded.

Original new in Spanish:

Nier se convertirá en saga

Se realizarán anuncios más adelante.
Con su lanzamiento europeo en el pasado mes de abril, Nier se convirtió en una pequeña sorpresa en el mercado, pero los planes pasan por convertirlo en una saga.

Yosuke Saito, máximo responsable del primer título, ha afirmado a medios japoneses que hay nuevos proyectos basados en esta propiedad intelectual en marcha, y que, de hecho, harán un importante anuncio según avance este año.

Los primeros rumores apuntan a una continuación directa de la serie en las mismas consolas, esto es, Xbox 360 y PlayStation 3, aunque tampoco se puede descartar que trabajen en alguna suerte de producto derivado.

cool

Around the Network

Excellent news. The game deserves it.

Easily one of the most under rated games of 2010.

It is a good thing that so many ignored the moronic field of gaming journalism. Of course VGC is excluded as I don't even think they reviewed the title.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

It's quite a nifty game, I hope Square gets some more luck with their series. Some of their new IPs deserve success.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:

It's quite a nifty game, I hope Square gets some more luck with their series. Some of their new IPs deserve success.

Makes me feel even more sad for Cavia though. The game they made lives on, yet they died.

Now it lies in the hands of S-E. Let us pray they don't fuck it up and focus more on just the graphics and ignore giving us fantastic story and music, which is why the game has garnered the following it has.

With Wada steering the ship however, I remain very skeptical. 

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Who expected 520k for this title? I know I didn't.

http://www.vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?name=nier

Currently playing:

Jdevil3 said:
badgenome said:

That's great!

A piece of advice for you:

When you go for the second ending, don't skip any cutscene! you will probably think they're all the same but they're not, some cutscenes will be added and some of the cutscenes you already watched will also change a little!

I'll do that. Thanks!