By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - gamers/reports need to understand

That La Nior is technically Not an ROCKSTAR game!

After listening to countless podcasts of reporters and lots of peoples comments on the up coming La Nior, they seem to group the game with rock star developed games when in fact the game isn't being devoloped by Rockstars Game studios and instead is being published by Take Two Interactive (parent company of 2k and Rockstar) who instead of publishing under there game most of the time they use there sub company names. And for the case of La Nior its being Published under the Rockstar name not the 2k games name. 

Also the game is being devoloped by Team Bondi who was founded by the "The Getaway" creator who left SCE Liverpool to form his new studio in Australia, from there the devoloper was orginally contacted to make 3 Exclusive games for sony consoles published by SCE. But its unknown if that still stands for after La Nior but it seems SCE dumped La Nior because it may of been costing too much (unknown) and was picked up by Take Two. 

Now what mineboggles me is that when the game reporters talk about the game they say stuff like "i hope this isn't like gta", "its another Rockstar sandbox game". 

If they watched the trailers or researched the game they would know that the game is being devoloped by Team Bondi who is not Rockstar Team Bondi or any other related Rockstar games. 

Now personally being Australian Team Bondi is the one of the very view studios left in Australia making big blockbuster titles and not ios games so i am very excited to how it turns out 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

Around the Network

Indeed I've noticed this, but can't fault 2K, any open world game they publish they're gonna stick the Rockstar brand on it. Everyone I know got hyped and bought RDR because it was 'made by the GTA people but set in the west' and I'm expecting the exact same thing to happen with L.A.Noire - provided reviews are stellar.

*worries about more important things in life* ..ah lunchtime..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I think more forum goers that rant about games should learn how to spell the name of the game they're ranting about correctly...

twesterm said:

I think more forum goers that rant about games should learn how to spell the name of the game they're ranting about correctly...

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network

The grammar in the OP is terrible. Also i agree with posters above about spelling of the name.

twesterm said:

I think people don't need to worry about such small things. My spelling and grammar are probably just as bad as his,are you going to stay up and not sleep because of it,it's an internet forum,so who gives a fuck. lol

oldschoolfool said:
twesterm said:

I think people don't need to worry about such small things. My spelling and grammar are probably just as bad as his,are you going to stay up and not sleep because of it,it's an internet forum,so who gives a fuck. lol

not when people have a hard time understanding what the thread starter wants to tell us.

Took me a while to realize that "publishing under there game" actually means "their name".

oldschoolfool said:
twesterm said:

For the most part, it doesn't matter.  But when you're trying to get people to respect the developer by getting people to know who made the game, at least respect the developer enough to spell the name of the game correctly.

mchaza said:

That La Nior is technically Not an ROCKSTAR game!

After listening to countless podcasts of reporters and lots of peoples comments on the up coming La Nior, they seem to group the game with rock star developed games when in fact the game isn't being devoloped by Rockstars Game studios and instead is being published by Take Two Interactive (parent company of 2k and Rockstar) who instead of publishing under there game most of the time they use there sub company names. And for the case of La Nior its being Published under the Rockstar name not the 2k games name. 

Also the game is being devoloped by Team Bondi who was founded by the "The Getaway" creator who left SCE Liverpool to form his new studio in Australia, from there the devoloper was orginally contacted to make 3 Exclusive games for sony consoles published by SCE. But its unknown if that still stands for after La Nior but it seems SCE dumped La Nior because it may of been costing too much (unknown) and was picked up by Take Two. 

Now what mineboggles me is that when the game reporters talk about the game they say stuff like "i hope this isn't like gta", "its another Rockstar sandbox game". 

If they watched the trailers or researched the game they would know that the game is being devoloped by Team Bondi who is not Rockstar Team Bondi or any other related Rockstar games. 

Now personally being Australian Team Bondi is the one of the very view studios left in Australia making big blockbuster titles and not ios games so i am very excited to how it turns out