By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So Do you plan to get a new console this year?

So Do you plan to get a new console this year?

Nintendo 3DS 82 50.93%

iPhone, iPad or any Smartphone 4 2.48%

XBOX360 / PS3 39 24.22%

PC 1 0.62%

Wii / DS 12 7.45%

Other 23 14.29%

Total:161

Almost certainly a PSP phone or PSP2, and maybe a slim Xbox or PS3

Around the Network

Nintendo 3DS of course!!

PSP2 if it is at a good price, or 3ds if a psp2 is not announced this year.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

I am committed to getting a 3DS on launch day or within the year.

greenmedic88 said:
rutea7 said:

Wii, when the Last Story gets localized (i hope it's before the end of 2011) and PSP.... my PSP died updating the firmware because the card reader was acting funny. I NEED TO FINISH KH:BBS!!!

Unless you find a new PSP for under $100, you may as well just wait for the PSP2, assuming it gets PSP BC.

They may end up ditching the UMD drive though.

Too bad you didn't jump on one of the many PSP holiday sales; there were some pretty good deals going on this season.

no psp holiday sales where i'm from

i doubt the psp2 will come out before the next holiday, i might wait for news about it and if there's BC and the price is reasonable i'll get it. if not 3ds and psp2 will have to wait one or 2 years.

Around the Network

Lol why does the poll not have no?

stopstopp said:

Lol why does the poll not have no?

Because polls only have 7 options.

3DS, I plan on pre ordering the 3DS at Gamestop after Nintendo's press conference on January 19th if the price isn't too high.

When there's a price drop for the PS3, I'll probably sell my 360 and buy a PS3 (after Gears Of War III ofcourse :)). 

I'll probably buy a new gaming PC when next gen consoles arrive, since new consoles are too expensive in the first 2 years imho.

spurgeonryan said:

My Wii is on its last legs, it keeps shutting off while playing Goldeneye online. I actually have to unplug it to turn it back on . Or I would get a PS3.

Call Nintendo, even if it's outside warranty they'll sometimes fix your system for free if it's a known issue.  They fixed my cracked hinge DS Lite for free over a year outside it's warranty.