By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
NotStan said:
4k1x3r said:
heruamon said:

Wow...the 360 is doing big numbers, comparatively to last year, with no price cut...hmm...interesting.

I hate post like these, and Slim and Kinect are nothing right? -_-

Now imagine if it was.. Kinect, Slim AND a pricecut.

/meltdown x)

I guess it would have been really really close to the Wii, maybe above with some marketting in EMEAA.

Around the Network
4k1x3r said:
NotStan said:
4k1x3r said:
heruamon said:

Wow...the 360 is doing big numbers, comparatively to last year, with no price cut...hmm...interesting.

/meltdown x)

I guess it would have been really really close to the Wii, maybe above with some marketting in EMEAA.

Yeah the only adverts I see every now and then are Kinect adverts.

I had a weird thing happen to me the other day, in a space of 5 minutes(one ad break) I've seen a Dance Central ad, Eyepet ad(move advert) and a GoldenEye advert. Frigging video games.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

NotStan said:
4k1x3r said:
NotStan said:
4k1x3r said:
heruamon said:

/meltdown x)

Yeah the only adverts I see every now and then are Kinect adverts.

I had a weird thing happen to me the other day, in a space of 5 minutes(one ad break) I've seen a Dance Central ad, Eyepet ad(move advert) and a GoldenEye advert. Frigging video games.

Lol eyepet.. at least SC not EP, damn Sony!

4k1x3r said:
heruamon said:

LOL...wtf are you talking about?  I had thought that a price cut would be the only way to generate heavy increases in sales, but that wasn't the case this year.  I’m not sure why you are so angry, but maybe some valium will help…

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

heruamon said:
4k1x3r said:
heruamon said:

LOL...wtf are you talking about?  I had thought that a price cut would be the only way to generate heavy increases in sales, but that wasn't the case this year.  I’m not sure why you are so angry, but maybe some valium will help… 

I hate post like your because it sounds as if 360 is selling better without nothing... It has a Slim model, Kinect, and Kinect bundles for the same price as Elite bundle. So don't act as if you're too smart. :)

Around the Network

Just saw that Amazon has both the Black and White Wii bundle  down to $179.00

4k1x3r said:
heruamon said:
4k1x3r said:
heruamon said:

I hate post like your because it sounds as if 360 is selling better without nothing... It has a Slim model, Kinect, and Kinect bundles for the same price as Elite bundle. So don't act as if you're too smart. :)

The FACT is that almost no one would have suspected that KINECT and a redesigned 360 would supplant a price cut, and to suggest there is nothing unusual about this is disingenuous and more re-writing of nearly all the popular sentiment from just 6 or 7 months ago.  A 5-10% increase is one thing, but 40-50% is not, and it means that we might not see price cuts until next holiday season…but you expected that, I’m sure...lol.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Yay @ wii and wow at 360.

XxXProphecyXxX said:
Darth Tigris said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
Darth Tigris said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:

Great week for all console specially Wii 1m in US alone LOL.

GT5 4.6m should pass 5m by years end.

I dont get whats so bad about PS3 sales tho last year 360 sold 700k WW same time period and ppl were rejoicing but now ps3 sold near 900k its suddenly "bad" LMAO? really?..........

I think its the Americas numbers they're talking about, though, not so much WW and for the biggest week of the year they're not great.  That's what this thread is supposed to be mostly about ...

whats not great? WW numbers? NA numbers? I still don't see either way how its "not great".....

LAST YEAR same time:

360 = 740k WW

PS3 = 1mWW or (999k)

360 = 470k NA

PS3 = 450k NA

If your saying selling 400k in NA is not great then why were 360 fans happy with 360 sales last year? for WW sales ps3 sold  more than 360 did last year which 360 fans were rejoicing as "great sales"........

what now? dont tell me anything less than 1m WW and selling 400k in NA is all of a sudden not great anymore when last year it was great for the 360?

Well I don't remember a lot of "great sales" talk last year for the 360, but there always will be SOMEONE out there saying it.  Anyway, here are some numbers to analyze: as close to similar sales weeks as we can get for the last 4 years for Americas (and yes, that IS what THIS thread is about).

2007 2008 2009 2010
PS3 240,957 198,079 454,361 410,749
360 379,512 411,523 471,500 709,684

Now, look at the sales trends.  Note that the 360 had a price cut in 2008 and a redesign this year while the PS3 had a price cut and redesign in 2009.  Now look at the 2010 numbers and tell all of us why the PS3 sales would be considered great for this week in 2010, please.

why not? its selling almost the same as it did last year despite it not having slim and price cut help this year.

The 2008 price cut for the 360 still saw 2009 numbers increase, particularly facing the reinvigorated PS3 sales.  2010 numbers for the PS3 went DOWN.  I'm not saying that its horrible or even disappointing.  But I really don't see how anyone that's fair and balanced could call it 'great'.  Sorry.

heruamon said:
4k1x3r said:
heruamon said:
4k1x3r said:
heruamon said:

The FACT is that almost no one would have suspected that KINECT and a redesigned 360 would supplant a price cut, and to suggest there is nothing unusual about this is disingenuous and more re-writing of nearly all the popular sentiment from just 6 or 7 months ago.  A 5-10% increase is one thing, but 40-50% is not, and it means that we might not see price cuts until next holiday season…but you expected that, I’m sure...lol.

Lol I love how you modify everything, to begin with I'm not the one who downsized anything dude, I said that X360 is doing much better than last year, it's kicking some serious ass. On the opposite side people are saying that PS3 is struggling and that it sucks, which isn't the case, it's just that X360 is doing much better. And your FACT is a supposition in the past, the current facts shows that Kinect sells system, and that the 4GB bundle is what is reponsible for alot of X360 sold every week since release.

As for the "it supplant a price cut" I care less. What I see is that X360 is doing freaking great, PS3 doing good. that's all.