By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Just picked up my Wii

CrashMan said:
W29 said:
Good to see you got a Wii dude...

I want one too...but I'm waiting for Nintendo to supply the Wii's worldwide without any shortages. I'm waiting till the day when I can walk into a store and say I'm buying a Wii and the store owner just simply say "Okay".

I am guessing that would be mid Feb 08

I got real lucky with my Wii.  I had waited outside Toys R Us on launch day to buy one for my brother for his birthday, but did not get one for myself until around July.  I walked in to Best Buy to just look around and the guy at the door said "We have Wiis, just to let you know"

Err...Brawl comes out Feb 10th. You will NOT be able to find a Wii in the middle of Feb. Try beginning of April at least.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Around the Network

IDK, I would think MOST people who want brawl already have a Wii (or will get one the holiday season)...

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X

Get Z&W... You REALLY want it although u don't know it yet! Resident evil 4, Umbrella chronicles if u like horror. Medal of honor heroes if u like shooters and a 32 people online experience ... BWii if u like open warfare (online). Zelda: If u like Good games!

Manhunt 2 if u like gore.

SSX: Blur if u like good sports game (Snowboarding)

The Godfather: GTA oriented games...

THE NETHERLANDS

I'm really having fun with SMG. (Sounds like an uzi or something. Lol) - but it is a "Killer" game.

The resident evil looks really cool, and this zack and wiki thing, i cant find it anywhere.

SSX on Wii?!? - AWESOME i LOVED SSX tricky

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

Let me tell you - SSX Blur on Wii is awesome, pure 100% awesome.

However it is not for the timid! It is one ridiculously hard game. The control method is absolutely awesome and definitely a great spin on what you'd probably be used to. It's not easy to get into, but once you've got the hang of it - moving feels so natural and pulling off specials (or ubertricks as they're known) is quite literally a work of art.

SSX is definitely one of my recommendations for the Wii for a true hardcore challenge. ;)

Around the Network

I'd also recommend SSX Blur, but be prepared to hate it when you first start playing it. It took me a couple of hours to adapt to the new control scheme. It's a ton of fun though.

CrashMan said:
IDK, I would think MOST people who want brawl already have a Wii (or will get one the holiday season)...

I know a ton of people who say they might buy a wii after brawl comes out. Without brawl they don't want it so bad that they are going to try searching for it with the shortage we've been having.

[2:08:58 am] Moongoddess256: being asian makes you naturally good at ddr
[2:09:22 am] gnizmo: its a weird genetic thing
[2:09:30 am] gnizmo: goes back to hunting giant crabs in feudal Japan

I'll certainly be buying blur

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

good for you! now buy Super Paper Mario, Zelda if you already don't have it for the GC. and Brawl when it comes out!

Congrats on your purchase.

Gamertag: KillswitchTris PSN ID: KsET665 Wii Friend Code: 8415 6393 6330 0940 (PM me if you add me)
Feel Free To Add Me Tag: LISMDK - Extremely bad taste in music