By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What's the point of drinking, the point of being DRUNK?!

What's the point of drinking, the point of being DRUNK?!

I do it because I am stupid 36 11.73%

It helps me forget about my problems 36 11.73%

It's just an addiction 26 8.47%

Shut up kid! You don't know JACK-in-the-box! 102 33.22%

Other eccentric reason... 59 19.22%

I'm drunk right now..HOL... 47 15.31%

Total:306
RolStoppable said:

Procreation. If it wasn't for drinking, the birth rates in the developed world would be very close to zero by now.

True...

Try Gamefly for a month and get another one free!

http://gamefly.tellapal.com/a/clk/406vc

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

Procreation. If it wasn't for drinking, the birth rates in the developed world would be very close to zero by now.

hahaha very funny!

It's like video games: great in moderation, but dangerous at an addiction level.

I guess I wouldn't know since I haven't drinken yet, but I don't really have a problem with people drinking until it gets dangerous for him/her and/or others. When my aunt got drunk a few thanksgivings ago, that was quite hillarious. When my cousin had to go to rehab for drinking, that was not so funny.

dsgrue3 said:

I drink so I can deal with ignorance such that you have displayed here. Before experiencing things firsthand you should not form opinions, unless they are obvious. As others have mentioned drinking is actually beneficial to your health in moderation; more specifically red wine. I enjoy the taste of a nice cold beer at times, and bourbon and coke is very pleasing.

I can form opinions if I want sir. I live in a free country (xD). I expressed my own opinions in my own perspective, it will be obvious that I would sound 'ignorant'. Please read the title of this thread again. 

Soda kills.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network

If the one time I've really drunk enough is anything to go by, I don't get it either. I didn't have more fun than usually, I wasn't more relaxed, I wasn't more social, and there were no beneficial effects at all. In fact, the only effect I actually noticed was on the way I walk - needless to say, it proved more of... a challenge than usually. It didn't even blur my thinking at all. And judging the the slight hangover, I suppose I did drink enough so the effect good effects should be noticable.

So yeah, I don't see the point of it. Wasting money on stuff that mostly tastes horrible but could actually cost quite a bit? No thanks, I think I'll pass.

Yes, finally. It's expensive as hell, it all tastes the same (except the fruity stuff that i'm not allowed to drink in social settings as a heterosexual male), the rest of it tastes like nail polish remover, and there's really no fun in losing control of yourself...

I understand the appeal for some (just like some people can, for some reason, drink wine and actually taste it...), but it holds no appeal for me at all.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

A can of soda is probably just as bad (maybe even worse) for you than a can of beer.

Because it makes you cool!!!

RolStoppable said:

Dude you can't be that ugly!