By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What's the point of drinking, the point of being DRUNK?!

What's the point of drinking, the point of being DRUNK?!

I do it because I am stupid 36 11.73%

It helps me forget about my problems 36 11.73%

It's just an addiction 26 8.47%

Shut up kid! You don't know JACK-in-the-box! 102 33.22%

Other eccentric reason... 59 19.22%

I'm drunk right now..HOL... 47 15.31%

Total:306

Seriously adults what is wrong with you all?!  Why do you all have the urge to grab or have a sip of some alcoholic drink? Unfortunatly, drinking alcoholic drinks have become a norm in todays society. To me it's the worst thing someone can do after murder and drugs. Do you all not realize the harm you are doing to your body? What's the point of drinking something that taste like **** or at least that's how the smell potrays it to be. Even so the point of knowing that it causes 'retardness' is retarded. I know some of you will say that you or people that do drink do it to forget about their problems and such. That is still a bogus way to justify such an idiotic action. 

I know people that drink. My dad does though very often and never to the point where he is that drunk. But my relatives on the otherhand including bros-in-law do. 

So why do you or why do you think people drink? What's your story? (rolls eyes)

EDIT: Some of you point out moderation and amounts. Even so does it taste good? The smell itself is intolerable and I can only imagine the taste. YUCK! I'll just drink some cold soda to chill. 

Around the Network

Wheres my option for "I dont drink cos i aint stupid" option? Lol i jk there is nothing wrong with drinking its just when you get drunk and start doing stupid shit that its bad ^^

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

I have a couple of drinks on occassion (at social events) to relax me ...

i drink because it's a social lubricant.

also, drinking lightly or in moderation is better for your health than not drinking at all. 

Chibi.V.29 said:

Wheres my option for "I dont drink cos i aint stupid" option? Lol i jk there is nothing wrong with drinking its just when you get drunk and start doing stupid shit that its bad ^^

lol it goes under 'other eccentric reason'
Oh there is nothing wrong with drinking water and juice and all but drinking alcholoic drinks is wrong.

Around the Network

Here are a few cons:

- Intoxication and alcohol poisoning are the most obvious. Shakespeare died from alchohol poisoning. When you're intoxication there are numerous things that can happen.
- You could possibly pass out after being intoxicated. All sorts of things are bound to happen once you're passed out. In most cases, the results are not pretty at all. This is one of the biggest problems associated with drinking.
- You can vomit and lose vital fluids.

- You tend to let go of your inhibitions when drinking. When that happens, the "truth" comes out. For reference, watch this movie from Hong Kong called "Drink, Drank, Drunk." You could get pretty violent and not know it. That is the one sign that you shouldn't be drinking alcohol.

- Driving under the influence. Despite all the warnings, penalties, and so forth, people do drink under the influence. 
- Prolonged alcohol abuse leads to all sorts of things that will affect you for the rest of your life.

dany612 said:
Chibi.V.29 said:

Oh there is nothing wrong with drinking water and juice and all but drinking alcholoic drinks is wrong.

You know exactly what i meen try reading the rest of the comment ;) im not legal to drink yet so i dont ^^

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

Because if I don't drink I will die.

Tease.

Chibi.V.29 said:
dany612 said:
Chibi.V.29 said:

You know exactly what i meen try reading the rest of the comment ;) im not legal to drink yet so i dont ^^

Well I pointed that out because you were contradicting youself by saying there was nothing wrong then you pointed out an exeption. xD and I hope you don't ever...how old are you?

cura said:

i drink because it's a social lubricant.

also, drinking lightly or in moderation is better for your health than not drinking at all. 

Too true. On both accounts.

The OP sounds like it was written by someone who has a family member or members with a history of alcohol abuse. Keyword there being "abuse."

All things in moderation.