By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Did you see Tron Legacy? What did you think? (possible spoilers).

I liked it, I think there will be another one because of the scene with Tron in the water with his colors changing.

btw, so damn hot!

Around the Network

5,5/10 a nice mediocre movie you see it in saturday youy forget it in sunday 

my favorite movie this holidays was The Chronicles of Narnia The Voyage of the Dawn Treader 

I'm a big fan of the original so keep that in mind, but I loved it!

I love the original. I'm not really interested in the sequel.

I must say, I never thought about that ''going through the portal'' stuff. It was a brilliant idea, and the ending to that movie still impresses me today. I can't wait to see what they're going to come up with in the next movie.

It's not perfect, sure, but if you liked the original it's pretty much impossible to say this one was worst or not a good sequel. Oh yeah, and the music was incredible. I can't wait to buy it on blu-ray that's for sure!

I prefer Olivia to Beau by the way. She's just so cute as Quorra!

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network

Olivia Wilde looked nice and I enjoyed the soundtrack. Oh, and Jeff Bridges had some "the dude" lines, which made me laugh.

Other than that, it was alright I suppose. The world and artstyle of Tron looks nice at first, but everything is so similar that I was happy to be rid of it at the end of the movie.

Oh, and Clu looked great if his back was at you (hair looks fantastic), but his eyes and mouth... it makes it so obvious that he's CG that it's hard to keep the suspension of disbelief up. Every time he appears and talks I thought "Oh yeah, all this isn't real, it's just a movie." Oh well...

7/10

Loved it, I wanna watch it again.

I thought it was really good!

Awesome eye candy and special effects. Story left me wanting more substance. Mainly I thought the script was kind of weak, but the actors did their best with the material they had.

I also felt like they had to hold back too much for the PG rating. Would have liked to seen this as at least a PG-13 or even better a hard R. 

And finally the uncanny valley effect bothered me a bit with the computer generated younger Jeff Bridges. I don't know if we will ever get to the point where we can't tell the difference with a CG humans. Seeing people every day our eyes are so trained to every subtle nuance in facial movements and expressions. If any animation or movement is slightly off we can tell immediately and it can be disturbing when your trying to believe someone is real.  

I have seen some amazing still renders however where I couldn't always tell the difference.

Jeff Bridge's Hippie Yoda was hil-arious. Olivia Wilde was stupid-hot. The outfits were awesome, especially Bridges' cloak with glowey insides.

Overall, the movie was pretty meh. The story left a lot to be desired, as did the main character. Plus, when Quorra needed rescuing, I just rolled my eyes. She's totally bad-ass until the main character needs to show how manly he is and does the dragonfly wing thing out of the window.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/