By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Did you see Tron Legacy? What did you think? (possible spoilers).

I just came from the theatre and it was money well spent. I'll definitely buy it on Blu Ray.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network

So...

In the scene where they're flying away from Clu and Sam Flynn is firing the weapon while Kevin is piloting...

I was half expecting him to say "I got one!" when he shot one of the ships down, and for Kevin to reply with "That's great kid! Don't get cocky!"

I was utterly disappointed when they didn't say anything like it. >_>

Smeags said:

So...

In the scene where they're flying away from Clu and Sam Flynn is firing the weapon while Kevin is piloting...

I was half expecting him to say "I got one!" when he shot one of the ships down, and for Kevin to reply with "That's great kid! Don't get cocky!"

I was utterly disappointed when they didn't say anything like it. >_>

Quorra is piloting by the way. Also Sam does shout something when he destroys one ship. Why would you be disappointed by something that wouldn't have made much sense to say in the first place?

You're just looking for little bugs when there aren't any!

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

SHMUPGurus said:

Quorra is piloting by the way. Also Sam does shout something when he destroys one ship. Why would you be disappointed by something that wouldn't have made much sense to say in the first place?

No I was looking for Star Wars quotes and I didn't get any dang nabit!

Come on, you weren't thinking about Luke and Han in the Millenium Falcon during that scene?

Smeags said:
SHMUPGurus said:

No I was looking for Star Wars quotes and I didn't get any dang nabit!

Come on, you weren't thinking about Luke and Han in the Millenium Falcon during that scene?

Wow, I must admit I never thought about it. I am utterly disappointed about myself!

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Around the Network
SHMUPGurus said:

Wow, I must admit I never thought about it. I am utterly disappointed about myself!

*Pats back* There there, that's not the attitude to have on New Years!

Still, I'm hoping they have the line "And I thought they smelled bad on the outside!" in Tron 3. I would be sooo happy.

Anywho, yeah. Tron: Legacy was an enjoyable film. Olivia Wilde is gorgeous.

http://www.etradinglife.com

" preferential, my friend! ! Christmas is coming, quick to our website shopping, our web site shopping there will be something different, unexpected things to you, let you have different sense, our website wholesale various fashion shoes, such as Nike, Jordan, prada, also includes the jeans, shirt, bags, hats and decoration. All these products are our free transport, prices are competitive, we can also accept paypal j, after the payment within short time, can ship.

competitive price

any size available

accept the paypal

SOCCER JERSEY 16US

jordan shoes $32

Christan Audigier bikini $23

Ed Hardy Bikini $23

Sunglass $15

COACH_Necklace $27

handbag $33

AF tank woman $17

I loved it!!!! i give it a 9.  I want more so I hope they make a sequel with Tron kicking ass.

Jeff "The Dude" Bridegs was cool - the CGI bridges was cool too.

The son character was ok.  He walks weird.

Story was good enough, acting was good enough, but with visuals and seeing all the vehecles was awesome and loved the flying machine sequences.

Go see it.  More money it makes, the better chance for a sequel.

I can just imagine the sequel, where Quorra tries to interact with some old ass Macintosh computer or something. I really don't know what they're going to do, yet there are so many ideas they can go with!

Random game thought :

SHMUPGurus said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:
darkknightkryta said:

Question to people, why are people saying the story lacks substance?  I mean, I'm just a bit curious as to why people thought it was "meh"?  I personally loved it, saw the movie without any reviews.  It was kinda odd finding out after I watched the movie that people didn't like it, or reviewers for that matter.

Compare it to Inception.

In both movies, the majority of the action takes place in a virtual world where stuff isn't real.  You have digital programs and you have dream projections.  Nobody's real except for a few main characters.

The difference is that Inception connects the virtual world to the real world in several ways: the relationship problems with the wife, the legal problems with getting to America, the family troubles with the grandparents and the kids, assembling the team, finding the right drugs, and doing recon.  They even develop all the characters before they go into the dream world.  You have reasons to care about the characters before they go into magic land.

In TRON: Legacy, you have a boring motorcycle-riding doosh with no personality that could have been played by any schmuck in Hollywood without us noticing the difference.  All we know about him is that he is the primary shareholder and plays an annual prank, and then BLAM, an hour of awesome fights, races, music, and special effects before the actual plot gets started in the 3rd act with their discussion of the history of the grid and their escape attempt.  All they introduce about the real world is the first scene at the company, and then it never comes back up and isn't even important.  The first half and the second half of the movie almost have nothing to do with each other.  Because the main character doesn't matter, and has no family or goals in the real world, he could die and it wouldn't matter.  The stakes just aren't as high as they were in the first movie.  It just looks and sounds AMAZING the whole way through.

C'mon Rubang, you know there's going to be a sequel. Every points you made are probably going to be touched in the sequels. Don't worry too much about it. I'm just glad Tron is back and I wouldn't care to see more.

I'm just happy to see that this movie was as flashy as the original, but with a story a little bit more deep than I would have imagined.

Also, to the guy that said there was not enough plot in Avatar, did you sleep through the whole intro of the movie?

Hey somebody asked what was wrong with the story so I told him.

I still thought it was awesome though.  I loved the 3D effects (best since Avatar in my opinion), the music, the Jeff Bridges, the babes everywhere, the computer fashion, and pretty much everything about the Grid.  I'm a huge TRON nerd.  I loved it.  But the story was really forced and not too good, and like you said, it was just there to start out narrow, open it up at the end, and make room for a sequel.

Without a story it was more like a 2 hour laser light show music video roller coaster than a movie, but still awesome.