By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Last Story Press Conference Thread (It Starts At 12:00 AM)

jarrod said:
AnveL said:

such a waste... this game should have develop for the HD console...

Microsoft likely had a chance to fund it.  Seems BD and LO were enough for them.

If not for Nintendo, this game likely wouldn't exist.  Remember Cry On?  I do. ;_;

I hear Nier is a prototype of what Cry On would have been.

Around the Network

Shit better be out of Japan soon, and with good VO or just stick with original VO. There are so many thing that I like about this game.

Rob-Ot said:
jarrod said:
AnveL said:

such a waste... this game should have develop for the HD console...

Microsoft likely had a chance to fund it.  Seems BD and LO were enough for them.

If not for Nintendo, this game likely wouldn't exist.  Remember Cry On?  I do. ;_;

I hear Nier is a prototype of what Cry On would have been.

I heard the same.  And I LOVED Nier.  I would've LOVED Cry-On more I bet though. ;_;

Rob-Ot said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
Rob-Ot said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
Rob-Ot said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
Rob-Ot said:
morenoingrato said:

For those saying FF12 has better graphics than this game need to clean their eyes

FF12 was made at the end of the PS2 generation. I don't know if it has better graphics, it doesn't matter though, graphics don't make a game and FF12 is by far the worst Final Fantasy I have ever played (not counting FF14).

In my opinion they both look graphicly the same other than ff12 has the advantage of cgi whoch for me atleats pushes it 0.1% ahead :P

FF12 CGI was the most uneventful and boring CGI in the entire franchise, I give it negative marks for wasting money on CGI bits where all you see for example is Vaan (the worst main character in a FF game) pick up sand and seeing it go out of his hand. 

It was my opinion ^^ I thought some of the cgi scenes where fantastic :D as far as actual graphics go i think there about equal. not always sometimes last story comes ahead sometimes ff12 comes ahead.

I don't know, I didn't feel a sense of awe or think those CGI cut scenes were memorable. for example I still feel a sense of awe when I see even FF8 CGI cut scenes, I still remember the opening, same with FF13 CGI cut scenes I still remember them and feel a sense of awe.

Yes they where not quite as "OOOOOH MYYYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOD" as some of the others but they did bring a certain aspect to the game that i liked. ff12 is the mar might of final fantasy. some (like you) hated it and others (like me) loved it :3

Yeah it is a love it or hate it Final Fantasy, along with FF13. Two love it or hate it game's in a row isn't good for a series.

Maybe but i loved both of them so i dont care :3

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

Chibi.V.29 said:
Rob-Ot said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
Rob-Ot said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
Rob-Ot said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
Rob-Ot said:
morenoingrato said:

For those saying FF12 has better graphics than this game need to clean their eyes

FF12 was made at the end of the PS2 generation. I don't know if it has better graphics, it doesn't matter though, graphics don't make a game and FF12 is by far the worst Final Fantasy I have ever played (not counting FF14).

In my opinion they both look graphicly the same other than ff12 has the advantage of cgi whoch for me atleats pushes it 0.1% ahead :P

FF12 CGI was the most uneventful and boring CGI in the entire franchise, I give it negative marks for wasting money on CGI bits where all you see for example is Vaan (the worst main character in a FF game) pick up sand and seeing it go out of his hand. 

It was my opinion ^^ I thought some of the cgi scenes where fantastic :D as far as actual graphics go i think there about equal. not always sometimes last story comes ahead sometimes ff12 comes ahead.

I don't know, I didn't feel a sense of awe or think those CGI cut scenes were memorable. for example I still feel a sense of awe when I see even FF8 CGI cut scenes, I still remember the opening, same with FF13 CGI cut scenes I still remember them and feel a sense of awe.

Yes they where not quite as "OOOOOH MYYYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOD" as some of the others but they did bring a certain aspect to the game that i liked. ff12 is the mar might of final fantasy. some (like you) hated it and others (like me) loved it :3

Yeah it is a love it or hate it Final Fantasy, along with FF13. Two love it or hate it game's in a row isn't good for a series.

I dislike FF12 but enjoyed FF13 on the whole (its just I felt it made the same mistakes FF10 made in an even worse way which is why I end up feeling 13 and 10 are mediocre). I am happy for you as you can still enjoy FF games so much.

Around the Network

The thing I dislike the most about the game so far is actually the art style. It's too dark and grey. I love my JRPG's colorful.

I play enough dark and grey FPS's.

Also, turn-based would have been better! ;..;

Rob-Ot said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
Rob-Ot said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
Rob-Ot said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
Rob-Ot said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
Rob-Ot said:
morenoingrato said:

I dislike FF12 but enjoyed FF13 on the whole (its just I felt it made the same mistakes FF10 made in an even worse way which is why I end up feeling 13 and 10 are mediocre). I am happy for you as you can still enjoy FF games so much.

So it's okay to bring the Final Fantasy franchise in a Last Story thread but not in an Elder Scrolls one? :P

palancas7 said:
Roma said:

shit i missed this! were can i see all the videos?

http://www.youtube.com/user/EscuadronPikmin#p/u/2/Y3i-sykIZNE

thanks man!

the game looks very good!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Boutros said:
Rob-Ot said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
Rob-Ot said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
Rob-Ot said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
Rob-Ot said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
Rob-Ot said:
morenoingrato said:

So it's okay to bring the Final Fantasy franchise in a Last Story thread but not in an Elder Scrolls one? :P

Yes as whenever The Last Story comes up the state of JRPG's will be talked about, Final Fantasy and The Last Story are in the same sub genre not to mention The Last Story is made by the original creator of Final Fantasy. Its natural people will talk about the state of the fallen Final Fantasy franchise in this thread.

Off Topic: Some people are derailing this thread. It's not a FF thread.

On topic: Awesome. Gameplay looks great. I would have preferred a bit more color.

Wasn't there some multiplayer footage..? I think i missed that.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.