By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Last Story Press Conference Thread (It Starts At 12:00 AM)

Boutros said:

The thing I dislike the most about the game so far is actually the art style. It's too dark and grey. I love my JRPG's colorful.

I play enough dark and grey FPS's.

Also, turn-based would have been better! ;..;

There's an option spotted in the menus to adjust the color saturation btw.  I get what Gooch was going for in unifying the aesthetic with stark color choices (and it works imo, reminds me somewhat of FFVI), but I'd agree, I want some green fields and blue skies too.  

Disagree on turn based though!  ARPGs > *

Around the Network

No localization info though? eh.

(starts ticking off days 'till January 19th)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

jarrod said:
Boutros said:

The thing I dislike the most about the game so far is actually the art style. It's too dark and grey. I love my JRPG's colorful.

I play enough dark and grey FPS's.

Also, turn-based would have been better! ;..;

There's an option spotted in the menus to adjust the color saturation btw.  I get what Gooch was going for in unifying the aesthetic with stark color choices (and it works imo, reminds me somewhat of FFVI), but I'd agree, I want some green fields and blue skies too.  

Disagree on turn based though!  ARPGs > *

Green fields and blue skies are aplenty in Xenoblade.

Rob-Ot said:

Green fields and blue skies are aplenty in Xenoblade.

I'll take that too! <3 <3

It seems to me that even though the battle system is action-based they've maintained the depth of turn-based rpgs. I think they are going in the right direction. Mainstream gamers don't have the attention span to play a turn-based rpg.

I believe that giving the player a bigger sense of freedom(exploration and customization) will appeal more to an western audience as well. The Last Story seems like an crossover between western and eastern rpg, combining the best of two worlds.

I think the gameplay will be able to appeal more to mainstream gamers, but still  satisfy hardcore rpg gamers. Especially in the west.

Around the Network

I hope this game gets the recognition it deserves , seems very... well made

*sigh* I need a wii :(

On a side note , if versus XIII turns out to be something like this I would be very very happy , yeah I liked it that much

I don't play RPGs,but, I just watched the press conference just because everyone seems excited for this game. The game looks very impressive, the graphics look really good.

Not to derail the thread, but one of the biggest problems with FF13 and FF12 was the way the story was told. in The Last Story it seems that you will be able to interact with your characters in a type of 'open dialogue' system, much like Dragon Quest 8.

this seems like an excellent idea because it means you can just read the dialogue quickly and get what you need to learn more about your quest and your party memebers instead of having to watch more and more cutscenes to watch your party develop.

VXIII said:

I hope this game gets the recognition it deserves , seems very... well made

*sigh* I need a wii :(

On a side note , if versus XIII turns out to be something like this I would be very very happy , yeah I liked it that much

Versus XIII will be nothing like this. Its going to be a KH game under the FF name and more mature than KH in its story. Since KH games are still good, that isn't a bad thing.

A203D said:

Not to derail the thread, but one of the biggest problems with FF13 and FF12 was the way the story was told. in The Last Story it seems that you will be able to interact with your characters in a type of 'open dialogue' system, much like Dragon Quest 8.

this seems like an excellent idea because it means you can just read the dialogue quickly and get what you need to learn more about your quest and your party memebers instead of having to watch more and more cutscenes to watch your party develop.

Agree completely.