By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Last Story Press Conference Thread (It Starts At 12:00 AM)

jarrod said:
dunno001 said:
Soriku said:

Naked Elza oh nooo.

Oh, I noticed this. I saw him click the choice for top something, which removed the clothes from the top half of his body. Of course, I saw the bottom option with the same kanji, and lo and behold, it does work! Damn, this so needs to come over now... I'd get a kick out of fighting a boss in just underwear!

You can do this with your entire party btw.... NAKED PARTY!

Yeah, but I can see dressing up the girls just like he did in that video, too. Now that would be a laugh! (Of course, I'd happily make all the males naked; I wonder if there will be effects from the NPCs with that...?)

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

Around the Network

PhantomLink said:

Only Elza is playable in the story, that's the only thing I didn't want. I'll go back to play Radiant Dawn

Quark was playable in the beginning...

Yeah but I think that was just for demostration, like in FFXII where you can play as Vaan's brother at the begining.

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?

Soriku said:
PhantomLink said:

PhantomLink said:

Only Elza is playable in the story, that's the only thing I didn't want. I'll go back to play Radiant Dawn

Yeah but I think that was just for demostration, like in FFXII where you can play as Vaan's brother at the begining.

Yeah but all characters are playable in online. I don't see why the characters couldn't be playable at times when the story doesn't call for Elza having to be playable.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I couldn't see an option to change characters in the menu (It could have been left out of the demo though) For the little we saw in the presentation it looks like the Gathering System is one of the main parts of the gameplay. And I know is not a great example but in games like FFIX and FFXII you couldn't change to the character you wanted to see on screen while in towns.

double post

Soriku said:
PhantomLink said:
Soriku said:
PhantomLink said:

PhantomLink said:

Yeah but all characters are playable in online. I don't see why the characters couldn't be playable at times when the story doesn't call for Elza having to be playable.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I couldn't see an option to change characters in the menu (It could have been left out of the demo though) For the little we saw in the presentation it looks like the Gathering System is one of the main parts of the gameplay. And I know is not a great example but in games like FFIX and FFXII you couldn't change to the character you wanted to see on screen while in towns.

Some past info said some characters have something like Gathering. I see Elza being in the party at all times and there's 6 man  parties so even if you're not using Gathering (but like I said, some characters have something like it), the AI could use it instead.

That was one of the things I was expecting from the demo, to see Gathering been use by the AI. I have the feeling that only Elza will be playable, I really have bad luck in this kind of things, and other characters having abilities like Gathering doesn't make them playable, sorry but I wont be convinced until I see videos that prove me wrong. Other thing, I couldn't see the part when the chose the characters in online, was Kanan available? (she is the one I want to play as :P)

Around the Network

So, no localization info?
Oh well...

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Is there a video of the conference available?

Rob-Ot said:

Is there a video of the conference available?

it'll be available tomorrow on The Last Story's official website

lol I missed it >_<

Did anything NA related get announced? (or the West in general?)

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/the-last-story-presentation

i'm watching now =)