By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My family made fun of me because of Kirby: EY

My dad, cousin, and even my sweet aunt called it stupid and childish, like it was made for a 2-year-old. They think I am crazy for liking it at any level. They have never made fun of a video game before, not even the running game in Wii Fit, so this is serious. Were they joking? It wasn't the typical joking.

What are critics and I seeing that my family isn't? I need a retort next time I play and they commment. :(

Around the Network

Why do you care? Are you that insecure? It's not their business what you like and what you don't.

If you want to play/exchange stuff online with me, just send me a message

PAL Region, country set to UK [Wii] 8714 6838 0977 5469

COD W@W FC: 2966 5176 6725
COD MW [Reflex] FC: 3568 2083 1513
Monster Hunter Tri Name: Cobra ID: TJCXVR
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 FC: 5199 8914 0552
SSB Brawl FC: 4641 1109 2262
GoldenEye 007 FC: 0136 4916 1439
Trackmania FC: 0905 1720 9842
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom UAS FC: 1850 4714 0865

[3DS] 1246 - 8738 - 3987

There's a good CS Lewis quote that puts people in their place in these instances, but i forget what it is...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

My aunt laughed at Mortal Kombat VS DC and me playing as Wonder Woman ... so I stuck in L4D2 and shut her up, she was disgusted when I started shooting zombies heads off xD

Anyway, dunno how they could laugh, Kirby is super cute!!!

I feel your pain. My family was making fun of me for playing Epic Mickey (Why the heck are you playing a childish Disney game!?), :O. Thank god they're used to me playing Nintendo IPs. I can just imagine... "A 3 game about a ball of yarn? What's wrong with you?"

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Around the Network

Who cares? If you enjoy it then that is all that matters. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Tell your family too suck it!

There's nothing you can do. There's a reason why this game is considered one of the worsts this year.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Perhaps they're not used to you playing a game with such a colorful art style? Do you normally play cute or colorful games in their presence? Where I am I bump back and forth between games like Forza and Call of Duty for my X360 and games like A Boy and his Blob on my Wii. When my older brother or our cousins see me playing the X360 online they're quick to praise me for playing what they see and men's games but when I'm playing the Wii they can't fathom what kind of enjoyment I could possibly get out of jumping around with a little boy, directing a white blob. I do explain to them that its not hard to look past the cartoon visuals and enjoy a great product if they keep an open mind, like watching a Disney movie, but eh they just can't see it apparently. 

They frequently joke that it's because I play such babyish games that I won't get a girlfriend, even though I constantly inform them that that is not an area of focus for me. Get's really annoying actually. Strangely enough though, they have absolutely no problem with family oriented games like Wii Sports . My brother's daughter got Wii Party as one of her Christmas presents and the whole family had a blast with it after dinner.

How technical is your game?

Cobra_ said:

Why do you care? Are you that insecure? It's not their business what you like and what you don't.

You are right. I wouldn't mind it from anyone else, even my friends. But there's something about my family that makes me try to win them over. Maybe I should just move my video games to my room.