By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Who are you for? EA, Jason West and Vince Zampella or activision?

Who are you for? EA, Jason West and Vince Zampella or activision?

EA, Jason West and Vince Zampella. 82 60.29%

Activision. 27 19.85%

Really don't care. 27 19.85%

Total:136
.jayderyu said:

Ethics & Morals weighed against Legal Contract. That's the dillema. Do you favor a legal contract that owns your soul? or do you favor what's more ethical? Legal does not mean Ethical. Often I find that Legal is a way to get around Ethical treatment of employees. Ever notice some of the contracts you sign up to a company that waves the rights to some of the labour laws? Legal yes, Ethical no.

How is it ethics and morals vs a legal contract when West and Zampella were the unethical, immoral ones who broke their contracts?

Around the Network
mhsillen said:
tombi123 said:
mhsillen said:
Salem said:

I vote for EA, West and Zampella, activision deserves to go down

Why does activision need to go down?

Oh I know they make better games than EA...yea thats it

ROFL.

Activision haven't made a good game this generation.

Just because you don' t like a style of game doesn't mean they are not well made .

And coming from a nintendo fan I can tell you ea sucks this gen and Activision has given me great well made games.

So I guess haters want blizzard gone also...short sighted

I disagree, i happen to think that the games ea made this gen have blown activions out of the water, many of them were posted earlier, like dead space, mirror's edge, etc.

What can I say, it makes me laugh.

lol mirrors edge haha. That game sucked. It was selling for $4 on PC here in AUS like 2months after release.

mhsillen said:

All the Activision haters can add Blizzard also because I think the name is Activision blizzard

Activition own them but Blizz still have full control over what they make. Activtion just gets there money ^^ as far as im aware

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

My view of Bobby Kotick is probably pretty clear by now. I just want him to lose.

So, EA, West and Zampella.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

Some people tries to bash West and Zampella and justify Activision. But, ascertained that W, Z and Kotick are all assholes, shouldn't we consider that Activision not paying in due time their share of games profits to the whole team was the first breach of contract? What W and Z did should be considered retaliation. And Activision, particularly since Kotick became its chief, has quite a bad record of trying to rip gamers off, it's quite unsurprising that it tries the same even with its dev teams. And before raw and tough capitalism fans fall in admiration of Kotick, does he actually deserve it? Isn't it true instead that Activision accounts would be terrible without its best teams and Blizzard being so successful to mask the terrible state of the rest and save the whole holding? When a company, instead of running a business mostly profitable in all its parts, relies so heavily, almost exclusively, on a bunch of developers out of the ordinary, an asshole CEO like Kotick messing with them is actually a danger for the company.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Kasz216 said:
.jayderyu said:

Ethics & Morals weighed against Legal Contract. That's the dillema. Do you favor a legal contract that owns your soul? or do you favor what's more ethical? Legal does not mean Ethical. Often I find that Legal is a way to get around Ethical treatment of employees. Ever notice some of the contracts you sign up to a company that waves the rights to some of the labour laws? Legal yes, Ethical no.

How is it ethics and morals vs a legal contract when West and Zampella were the unethical, immoral ones who broke their contracts?

Activision not paying the whole team in due time their share on the game profits was actually the first to violate the contract. A CEO that doesn't pay his best teams in due time is a bad CEO and a danger for his company.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Alby_da_Wolf said:
Kasz216 said:
.jayderyu said:

Activision not paying the whole team in due time their share on the game profits was actually the first to violate the contract. A CEO that doesn't pay his best teams in due time is a bad CEO and a danger for his company.

Except for the fact that Activision tried to pay them.... but West and Zampella blocked said payments and demanded they be paid all the bonus if anything and didn't submit any actual bonus payment structure outside of that?

You can't blame a company for not paying you if you refuse to fill out your tax forms and refuse to take your paycheck everytime it's haned to you.

thers alway 2 sides to every story, but Activision is corrupte so im for EA, Jason West and Vince Zampella

Kasz216 said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
Kasz216 said:
.jayderyu said:

Except for the fact that Activision tried to pay them.... but West and Zampella blocked said payments and demanded they be paid all the bonus if anything and didn't submit any actual bonus payment structure outside of that?

You can't blame a company for not paying you if you refuse to fill out your tax forms and refuse to take your paycheck everytime it's haned to you.

This is what Activision states about the issue, while West and Zampella's versions are quite different. And IIRC, they didn't agree about the amount, either . And there was also disagreement about the control on the MW series. I wouldn't take W and Z's versions as Gospel , but neither I would Activision's one. So, given Kotick's record about trying to get blood out of a stone, I prefer to side with W and Z unless Activision's reason become undoubtable.