By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Was Final Fantasy XIII worth all the fuss? No"- Kotaku

tell me which FF isn't considered crap my some sections of the fan???

Around the Network
Juma009 said:

Is the game playable? yes, absolutely. Is it Great? No, Mediocre at best. I have always been  A HUGE FF fan, but It must be said this franchise has been in a decline for a while now each installment weaker than previous (with the exception of ff9) I truly believe Squarenix has lost the magic that Squaresoft once had by a bunch, The Dragon Quest series is still doing well in my opinion, but the Mana series, Star Ocean(orignally Enix )  and yes even the might FF series are just ordinary games now, same can be said about "The Last Remnant" and "Infinite discovery" weren't great either, At least in the RPG dept which has always been their bread and butter Squarenix has dropped the ball, and have no clue where it landed.

You are aware that SE has no input in the DQ series right? Yuji Horii solely owns the rights to it and decides its direction SE or Enix to be exact only has an exclusive contract to publish his games.

Wyrdness said:
Juma009 said:

Is the game playable? yes, absolutely. Is it Great? No, Mediocre at best. I have always been  A HUGE FF fan, but It must be said this franchise has been in a decline for a while now each installment weaker than previous (with the exception of ff9) I truly believe Squarenix has lost the magic that Squaresoft once had by a bunch, The Dragon Quest series is still doing well in my opinion, but the Mana series, Star Ocean(orignally Enix )  and yes even the might FF series are just ordinary games now, same can be said about "The Last Remnant" and "Infinite discovery" weren't great either, At least in the RPG dept which has always been their bread and butter Squarenix has dropped the ball, and have no clue where it landed.

You are aware that SE has no input in the DQ series right? Yuji Horii solely owns the rights to it and decides its direction SE or Enix to be exact only has an exclusive contract to publish his games.

Actually I was not aware of that, thanks for clarifying thhis for me. anyway, that just backs me up more on Square-enix not being consistent on delivering a "Great" game.

Mummelmann said:

Worth all the fuss? Certainly not. I didn't really like it. But a lot of people loved it. I guess this just means that this series might not be for me any more, which is kinda sad but I think I'll live...

Yeah that's exactly what I figured out a couple of months ago after trying to play the game again...! I don't feel any attachment to any of the characters, the story and the automatic battle system (changing paradigms and paradigm cancelling IS NOT a strategy and doesn't add any depth at all. Stop saying that people). That's bad if it happens in a JRPG!!

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Ideas said:

IV and VI, I've never heard of anyone calling them crap.

Around the Network

Man, I'm going to be getting a PS3 here soon, and I'm worried I won't like XIII based on ther seemingly unanimous hate it had obtained.  Hope it proves me wrong.

spdk1 said:

Man, I'm going to be getting a PS3 here soon, and I'm worried I won't like XIII based on ther seemingly unanimous hate it had obtained.  Hope it proves me wrong.

Hold on to the receipt ...

And don't say we didn't warn you.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

myabsolution said:
Tayne said:
Naum said:

Seriously some of you think FFXIII was better then LO??... what a sad day for RPG fan

I concur.

Aye. Thrice.

I only WISH LO had been named FF13... then it would have sold like crack cocaine.

I was so utterly crushed at how crap FF13 was. Story, combat, plot, characters aside from Lightning... /vomit

Fourfold.

I vomited when I read that. FFXIII doesn't even hold a candle to LO's originality.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Ideas said:

Dude its a well known fact by reviewers that the games gameplay was broken and the characters were barely likeable. 12 was not great by any stretch of the imagination, but it still made more sense than this game.

NYANKS said:

If you interpret the genre widely, Valkyria Chronicles is still the best jrpg this gen.  ;)

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?