By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Was Final Fantasy XIII worth all the fuss? No"- Kotaku

Those saying Final Fantasy 13 was crap...Well, 6.11 million people most of whom may or may not agree with you will have an opinion either way. (4.42 mil for PS3; 1.69 mil for Xbox 360).

Source: http://www.vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?name=Final Fantasy XII

Anyone who is saying each Final Fantasy game is a game in of itself, thus forth they have no emotional tie to the Final Fantasy series is lying to you. Yes, very few Final Fantasy games have had direct sequels and almost all are unique games in of themselves.

However, when people start SCREEDING, then you caught them. Individuals don't get pissed over what is not true, they start SCREEDING when you hit home and close to the heart. Thus, the use of caps implies they have a heavy emotional tie to the series.

Was Final Fantasy 13 worth all the fuss? It would not be if it wasn't for those who have irrational emotional ties to the Final Fantasy series coming on every Final Fantasy 13 thread and defending it as if someone was insulting their family honor. Seriously, it is okay to admit Final Fantasy 13 was sub-par compared to Final Fantasy 8 you will find common ground there. However, once you spit in the face of common wisdom, then that is when your neverending arguments on whether Final Fantasy 13 was a good JRPG in line with the quality we expect from a Final Fantasy game will ensue.

Around the Network
Boutros said:

Such an awesome game!

Light-kun kicked ass!

Dude You are younger then Lightning!   

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

Killiana1a said:

Those saying Final Fantasy 13 was crap...Well, 6.11 million people most of whom may or may not agree with you will have an opinion either way. (4.42 mil for PS3; 1.69 mil for Xbox 360).

Anyone who is saying each Final Fantasy game is a game in of itself, thus forth they have no emotional tie to the Final Fantasy series is lying to you. Yes, very few Final Fantasy games have had direct sequels and almost all are unique games in of themselves.

However, when people start SCREEDING, then you caught them. Individuals don't get pissed over what is not true, they start SCREEDING when you hit home and close to the heart. Thus, the use of caps implies they have a heavy emotional tie to the series.

Was Final Fantasy 13 worth all the fuss? It would not be if it wasn't for those who have irrational emotional ties to the Final Fantasy series coming on every Final Fantasy 13 thread and defending it as if someone was insulting their family honor. Seriously, it is okay to admit Final Fantasy 13 was sub-par compared to Final Fantasy 8 you will find common ground there. However, once you spit in the face of common wisdom, then that is when your neverending arguments on whether Final Fantasy 13 was a good JRPG in line with the quality we expect from a Final Fantasy game will ensue.

I have never seen that word before XD

on a serous not FFXIII is not the best FF nor is it the worst FF. 

But someone did say once that with some of the Fans that FF has FF doesn't need haters. I know some people that stop playing FF when FFVII was released because they sore FFVII as the death of FF I also know some people that stoped after FFVIII because they hated it. I also know a lot of people who hate FFXII with a passion.

Personally when I love a Game series I love all the Games in said series but on different levels like with the FF series I an always find some elopements in all FF Games that I can love. Like FFXIII for example I love the Battle System and the Characters and a lot of other stuff. but I don't like the lack of Mini Games and there should have been more exploration and I do like towns like most people. if Square-Enix PDD1  team had made FFXIII design structure like FFX  then that have made it a better Game.            

hikaruchan said:
Killiana1a said:

I have never seen that word before XD

on a serous not FFXIII is not the best FF nor is it the worst FF. 

But someone did say once that with some of the Fans that FF has FF doesn't need haters. I know some people that stop playing FF when FFVII was released because they sore FFVII as the death of FF I also know some people that stoped after FFVIII because they hated it. I also know a lot of people who hate FFXII with a passion.

Personally when I love a Game series I love all the Games in said series but on different levels like with the FF series I an always find some elopements in all FF Games that I can love. Like FFXIII for example I love the Battle System and the Characters and a lot of other stuff. but I don't like the lack of Mini Games and there should have been more exploration and I do like towns like most people. if Square-Enix PDD1  team had made FFXIII design structure like FFX  then that have made it a better Game.            

Well, neither of us or any gamer is innocent in having a clear, cold mind about games and their quality. I will admit that any Fallout game is gold and any Legacy of Kain game is gold. You try to tell me otherwise and you will have to call the police to get me out of your house because I ain't leaving until you agree with me or resign from tiredness.

As for the Final Fantasy series after 10, I cannot comment on it in depth as the last one I played was 10. I thought 10 along with 8, 7, 6 and 2 (the one with Cecil and Rosa) were all masterpieces. As for the rest, I could not give an opinion either way.

hikaruchan said:
Boutros said:

Such an awesome game!

Light-kun kicked ass!

lawl I just thought it sounded good in my mouth.

*makes some research*

Light-sama?!

Around the Network
g-value said:
hatmoza said:
myabsolution said:
Tayne said:
Naum said:

Seriously some of you think FFXIII was better then LO??... what a sad day for RPG fan

I concur.

Aye. Thrice.

I only WISH LO had been named FF13... then it would have sold like crack cocaine.

I was so utterly crushed at how crap FF13 was. Story, combat, plot, characters aside from Lightning... /vomit

Fourfold.

I vomited when I read that. FFXIII doesn't even hold a candle to LO's originality.

How in the world was Lost Odyssey original?

My question exactly. I think Lost Odyssey is one of the best games ever.

But by no means it is original.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I enjoyed FFXIII, I don't care about the haters.  Does this make me a bad person?

slowmo said:

I enjoyed FFXIII, I don't care about the haters.  Does this make me a bad person?

Not at all. For whatever reason, this game has been even more divisive than XII. I loved it as well.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Boutros said:
hikaruchan said:
Boutros said:

Such an awesome game!

Light-kun kicked ass!

*makes some research*

Light-sama?!

Nah. Sama denotes a "lord" or "master."

"San" would be appropriate in your instance, but kun was more fun to read :)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
Boutros said:
hikaruchan said:
Boutros said:

Such an awesome game!

Light-kun kicked ass!

*makes some research*

Light-sama?!

Nah. Sama denotes a "lord" or "master."

"San" would be appropriate in your instance, but kun was more fun to read :)

Actually sama just means an older person you have respect for or your superior like for example I refer to Miyazaki Hayao san as Miyazaki Hayao sama because I hold him in the highest respect. kun is always for addressing younger people to use kun alt of context is seen as an insult.