By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Was Final Fantasy XIII worth all the fuss? No"- Kotaku

Rob-Ot said:
perpride said:

blah blah blah. yet another thread complaining about FFXIII.

so fucking happy it's the best selling JRPG on both consoles and of the generation.

It doesn't deserve to be. Since your avatar has one of the few redeeming features of the game I'll hold back a big rant on how I don't understand why Final Fantasy still sells so well.

Hmmm, exactly how I feel about CoD.

Around the Network
Wagram said:
Rob-Ot said:
perpride said:

so fucking happy it's the best selling JRPG on both consoles and of the generation.

It doesn't deserve to be. Since your avatar has one of the few redeeming features of the game I'll hold back a big rant on how I don't understand why Final Fantasy still sells so well.

If I had it my way Xenogears would have sold 5 times more than any Final Fantasy and Call Of Duty as much as any of the flop JRPG's do nowadays.

Rob-Ot said:
Wagram said:
Rob-Ot said:
perpride said:

If I had it my way Xenogears would have sold 5 times more than any Final Fantasy and Call Of Duty as much as any of the flop JRPG's do nowadays.

I know you'll hate me for this but IMO.

Xenosaga > Xenogears ; ;

Rob-Ot said:
Wagram said:
Rob-Ot said:
perpride said:

Xenogears was great. FFXIII was better. FFVII was even better than that.

Wagram said:

The fanboy battles and meltfowns over the exclusitivity is stupid. The game is fantastic but people need to understand that from a business standpoint another console gives the opportunity to give more sales. It has got like 1.7M 360 sales which is GOOD. I wouldn't be suprised if Versus went multi. With the recent 90% profit cut you can bet your ass its coming.

The console wars hype brigade behind games ends up dooming things that end up not being all that.  A game that may be a good game in its own right, happens to end up in a bad spot, as fanboys and console partisans lob titles back and forth and look to make them a big deal.  Games get one exclusive lists, even if nothing is known about actual game play (Agent is the latest to do this), and then out comes the yelling at the other side.  Resistance and Killzone 2 are two others that have suffered as a result of this fanboy spin.  Because it didn't crush Gears of War 2 in sales, Resistance 2 went from darling to pariah.  And then, because Killzone 2 didn't supplant Halo as far as being a console exclusive FPS, it ends up having backlash, because it stopped being "sacred". 

Mass Effect hasn't nearly seen the hype brigade that Final Fantasy brought on itself, and is likely better for it.  I hope it does well and PS3 only owners get a chance to play and enjoy it.

Around the Network

It's a bad Final Fantasy, not a bad JRPG, as JRPGs have not been great in general this entire gen.

I have never played any final fantasy games. 

FF13 going multiplat is by far the most overrated event of this generation. Gaming fans are typically wrong when they make predictions because they don't have the necessary info to make informed guesses and their biases cloud their judgment. Posters here and elsewhere were unequivocally wrong about the impact of FF13 going multiplat. Wasn't that supposed to be the final nail in the ps3's coffin?

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Wagram said:
Rob-Ot said:
Wagram said:
Rob-Ot said:
perpride said:

I know you'll hate me for this but IMO.

Xenosaga > Xenogears ; ;

lol agreed.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Wagram said:

The fanboy battles and meltfowns over the exclusitivity is stupid. The game is fantastic but people need to understand that from a business standpoint another console gives the opportunity to give more sales. It has got like 1.7M 360 sales which is GOOD. I wouldn't be suprised if Versus went multi. With the recent 90% profit cut you can bet your ass its coming.

Even if the game was exclusive it would still be nothing to go crazy over. That Final Fantasy was an insult to JRPG fans everywhere. This is why I vow this gen to buy Sakaguchi only titles this gen aside from Versus. Lost Odyssey was my FF this gen so far and The Last Story will be enjoyed on my friends Wii. No Original XIII character better show their face in Versus. From the backlash SE has received in Japan over exclusivity, I highly doubt it will get a multiplat release. I think this title will  be strictly PS3 to get the most out of the hardware which SE promised. There hasn't been a true PS3 exclusive that harnessed the PS3's power. This should be interesting to see. 

FFXIII is DEFINATLY better than lost odyssey. Sakaguchi isnt that great anymore imo :/

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.