By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - World Wide Up 360 over 1million!

axumblade said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Metallicube said

Great to see NSMB so high up (yes I know it's bundled and that contributes to game sales). I'm pretty convinced that game will be in the top ten for another 5 years at least, that game is just in a completely different league when it comes to legs..

Actually it's been out of the top ten for most of this year and it was showing much weaker legs than other evergreen titles. It's no Mario Kart Wii.

Strange, didn't it break a record for fastest (exclusive) game to hit 10 million earlier this year before it was even bundled?

Yes, it started out very strong but it was around 70k  worldwide when the Wii was doing bad mid-year. Still amazing legs, but as I said, it fell faster than the Wii's other top sellers.

Around the Network

well done 360 for hitting 1m

are there no ps3 games bundled in any of these sales,i'd have thought some games woud have bigger boosts

@jhuff please stopp you alternate troll

Above & Beyond

X360 sales in the USA are largely on the $75 giftcard for the $300 sku at Walmart.

Next week has no such deal (Dec 25 week), just a $20 discount on the Kinect bundle at Target but its the biggest shopping week of the year in the USA, and so the fall off won't be too bad.

Wii / PS3 have deep discounts for Dec 19 in the USA (Sunday before Christmas). After that, Wii has $50 discounts at Toys R Us and Best Buy.

With another 900k - 1m week in the USA for Dec 25, the Wii should be well on its way to a second 3.5m ish December in the USA.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Read till page 10 but the thread is awful and the only solution is obvious:

The whole thing and everyone in it should be banned for life. YES!

... no, WAIT!

jhuff394 said:
squall747 said:
jhuff394 said:
squall747 said:
jhuff394 said:

Ew North America is so uninformed... seriously why would any buy the xbox 360 when there is a much better product in every way...

Unless they are all about Kinect or somthing I do not get it.

lol, hard to believe people even seriously make comments like this. It's sad really, anyways Good numbers for all systems.

Its annoying to see such a much better quality product flounder in America due to whatever reason.... seriously

Better quality? Really? In what way exactly? Isn't it a matter of opinion and taste? Why should one be bad and not the other? Simple as that really respect each others opinions.

NO actually its not a value of taste... The components of the ps3 are superior than 360 components...

I'm just surprised people are still buying Xbox these days when ps3 got its price down....

Has anyone compared the 2011 games for xbox vs ps3 by the way lolll....... I'm done now, just had to get out anger...

Wow dude, why don't you go ahead and take a PS3 as a bride.. Seriously.. 2 pages into the thread and there is already some disillusioned shmuck.

360 Finally hits a million.. In its 5th year on sale lol, it's kinda ironic that it seems like Japan has pushed the number over million lol! Considering 360 does like 3k on average a week there. I admit SW wise the GT5 legs seem a bit long, but we'll see how it'll end up after the December craze pipes down, and whether EMEAA will be able to carry it for long.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Around the Network
jhuff394 said:
welshbloke said:
jhuff394 said:
squall747 said:
jhuff394 said:

Ew North America is so uninformed... seriously why would any buy the xbox 360 when there is a much better product in every way...

Unless they are all about Kinect or somthing I do not get it.

lol, hard to believe people even seriously make comments like this. It's sad really, anyways Good numbers for all systems.

Its annoying to see such a much better quality product flounder in America due to whatever reason.... seriously

You are going to have to name this amazing in every way (Except sales apparently) product as I am confused because I am not aware of any.

I dont want to start anything, people are pissed as it is....i just refer you to this site if you would like to know where it stands above the 360 in quality and value.

http://gear.ign.com/articles/111/1116182p1.html

Next year must be ps3's year, lack of software this year..

Stop linking to a dumbass IGN article. They aren't hardware gurus, christ.

And it is obvious that many people find 360 superior to PS3. Otherwise why is 360 killing the PS3 in America???

JHuff, are you purposely being obtuse?

ah what would xbox360 be with out their new casual gamers this holiday with Kinect?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

1k... ok.

What makes it even funnier is that it wouldn't have made it without Japan.

If you break down each component of the system... THERE IS NO COMPARISON..

I thought they were called GAMES consoles, not COMPONENT consoles.

And for the record if you break them down you will most likely find the only things in the PS that are superior are the optical drive and the main CPU.  Any other component is either better on the XBOX (GPU) or arguable depending on who you ask in the industry.

Just enjoy your machine and let others enjoy theres.  

Systems owned
Vectrex, Master System, Nes, Megadrive 1 + 2, Mega CD, Super Nintendo, Jaguar, Saturn, Playstation, N64, Dreamcast, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360, PS3, WII 
Handhelds: Game gear, game boy, Lynx 1, Lynx 2, Gameboy Advance, Neo Geo Pocket Colour, PS Vita, Ds Lite, 3DS, 
All the ones in read were/are my favourite.