By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - World Wide Up 360 over 1million!

extagénesis said:

Xbox 360 is the most play console on this gen. Just look it the ratio of game (software) per system or the hours in online. The people who get a Wii or Ps3 don't play nothing... That's the reason of their catalog sucks!

This must be the explanation for 360's crappy exclusive line up next year.....LOL!

Around the Network

KA RIST, it only took one moron (jhuff) to ruin half this thread. 

Wii is so beast... Can't say much about it... who cares if it keeps being lower YoY, it's still so beast, it had to reach some sort of saturation rate.

PS3 hanging in there strong with EA behind it.

360 Beastin in NA, although I don't think much of it has to do with Americans supporting it because Mircrosoft is American.  Most Americans hate big companies, and most bash Microsoft all the time.  It isn't very cool in this country to get behind your favorite corporation... sports teams yes, but not businesses so much.  They pick it because of the games, cheaper price, and the fact that the more people that buy one, the more of their friends have to buy one if they want to play with them.   At USC where I went, no one had playstations, and the Wii was more of a fad for my age group or sex (does much better with older and younger and women), but every guy had an xbox.  Halo tournaments, etc, and I didn't even own a game console until my senior year in college (got a 360, first console ever.)  We had a Wii in the game room, but all it had was Wii Sports, and for an actual athlete, it was a joke since all you need is a fast wrist for every game. 

I don't know how it is at other colleges, but Xbox owned ours, and others that I know of.  We would hold xbox tournaments and the winner would walk away with a free 360.  So now that all of those college kids have graduated and for the lucky ones that have jobs (yay), we now have some money to spend... and as we all know, gaming consoles are one of the best buys you can get for the amount of entertainment you can have with them.   Don't know if Microsoft planned that, and wouldn't doubt it if they did, but hey... it seemed to have worked.

Either way, all of the consoles are doing great, and I'm not sure which is the biggest week, maybe the one we are in now, but it should be exciting to see if 360 and PS3 can break 1 mill and Wii break 2 mill all in the same week.

BOOM!  FACE KICK!

Whats up for next week is there more gift card promotion for all 3 console??? if not I dont think ps3 and 360 will break 1m at all....I could be wrong tho.

Metallicube said

Great to see NSMB so high up (yes I know it's bundled and that contributes to game sales). I'm pretty convinced that game will be in the top ten for another 5 years at least, that game is just in a completely different league when it comes to legs..

Actually it's been out of the top ten for most of this year and it was showing much weaker legs than other evergreen titles. It's no Mario Kart Wii.

Why does the PS3 not sell good?

Are people buying 360's for the kinect?

Around the Network
XxXProphecyXxX said:
extagénesis said:

Xbox 360 is the most play console on this gen. Just look it the ratio of game (software) per system or the hours in online. The people who get a Wii or Ps3 don't play nothing... That's the reason of their catalog sucks!

This must be the explanation for 360's crappy exclusive line up next year.....LOL!

HA HA HA AAH HA! Funny one. Yea thats the reason, durrrrrr! HA HA HA HA HA HAAA! What about the games announced at TGS or Kingdoms, GEARS 3 and don't think MS is going to lay there cards all on the table for there 10th anniversary. PS3 always lays out all of there cards MS don't. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

MAN that was funny ! I agree that the above comment wasn't up to par but neither is yours.

WAY to tie it up.

Hail to the King X360! 1 million!

--OkeyDokey-- said:
Metallicube said

Great to see NSMB so high up (yes I know it's bundled and that contributes to game sales). I'm pretty convinced that game will be in the top ten for another 5 years at least, that game is just in a completely different league when it comes to legs..

Actually it's been out of the top ten for most of this year and it was showing much weaker legs than other evergreen titles. It's no Mario Kart Wii.

Mario kart is a beast.

You guys think 360 can hit 1mil next week. It may be possible with the shortages and all.

SqueakySamurai said:

Why does the PS3 not sell good?

Are people buying 360's for the kinect?

Seems people unestimated Kinect and most americans, atleast the ones I know, see move as a wii 2.

Just answering questions.