By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Castlevania belongs on Nintendo consoles.

@Khuutra  sales dont equal quality. By your logic Just dance is one of the best games ever made. NSMBWii is the best 2d platforming in over a decade??? thats your opinion. I found it to be ok.

@savior x  why so seriou??? Your tired of hearing about LBP??? Maybe some are tired of hearing about Mario??? Lets put our Mario dogma aside shall we??? NSMBWii did not bring anything new to the table either. No one said either were a godsend. 20 million people dont care about online for Mario. Good for them. I dont care about them, I do care about some kind of online which is why I chose not to support Mario and will continue to support LBP. Some of those player levels range from bad to good. If your happy playing the same "professional levels" over and over again. then really more power to you. Im not however.

Around the Network
oniyide said:

@Khuutra  sales dont equal quality. By your logic Just dance is one of the best games ever made. NSMBWii is the best 2d platforming in over a decade??? thats your opinion. I found it to be ok.

In point of fact, your original post implied a causal link between sales and quality. I suppose that isn't the point, though.

Played NSMBWii, did you? That's cool. I'm curious to know what you consider good platforming gameplay if NSMBWii didn't have it.

Note that I said gameplay, and building levels isn't exactly gameplay, though the time mechanics in Braid would count.

oniyide said:

@savior x  why so seriou??? Your tired of hearing about LBP??? Maybe some are tired of hearing about Mario??? Lets put our Mario dogma aside shall we??? NSMBWii did not bring anything new to the table either. No one said either were a godsend. 20 million people dont care about online for Mario. Good for them. I dont care about them, I do care about some kind of online which is why I chose not to support Mario and will continue to support LBP. Some of those player levels range from bad to good. If your happy playing the same "professional levels" over and over again. then really more power to you. Im not however.

When did NSMBWii use levels from other games?

I LOVE ICELAND!

oniyide said:

@savior x  I think those are just better games, honestly what did NSMBWii really bring to the table???? co-op??? LBP did that and online, and level editor, I support that game because it technically never ends. How much better would Mario have been if it had a infinite levels?? Braid is one of the few platformers that force you to use your head, Limbo has an atmosphere rarely seen in 2d platformers. If I may be so bold I think that NSMBWii would not have sold half it did had it not been for Mario's brand

And that's what makes it more of a nieche puzzle game and not a pure platformer.

I LOVE ICELAND!

@Khuutra  whoa!!! I never said NSMBWii did not have good platforming! Quite the opposite my issue is the replayability. Once I've beaten the game what is their left to do? I could beat it again but then what??? Personally there are very few games I play through more than twice, that is not relegated to Mario. Yes, there is multi but as ive stated b4 my group are not fond of Wii and would rather play COD so Im not spending 50 bucks on a 2d platformer that im going to probably pay only twice

@Kungkras  where did I say that it did??? I was simply stating once you beat the game all their is left to do is play those exact same levels again. If thats your cup of tea fanstatic. not mine. I would like to know how Braid is not a platformer, you jump on platforms dont you??? they just added some thinking elements which is more value to me than the offline co-op

Around the Network
oniyide said:

@Kungkras  where did I say that it did??? I was simply stating once you beat the game all their is left to do is play those exact same levels again. If thats your cup of tea fanstatic. not mine. I would like to know how Braid is not a platformer, you jump on platforms dont you??? they just added some thinking elements which is more value to me than the offline co-op

You said that you were tired of playing the same levels over and over again, which implied that NSMBWii did not have any new levels.

Braid is definately more of a puzzle game than a platformer. I have played it, and it's does not lend itself well to compare aginst pure platformers, they're doing so incredibly different things.

I LOVE ICELAND!

@kungkras  maybe I should have explained myself better, what I IMPLIED is once you beat NSMBWii thats it, there is nothing left new to discover. Once the game is done the levels are no longer new, and IMO the game is good but not that good that I would play it over and over and over again. as for Braid, yeah I kinda see your point

oniyide said:

@Khuutra  whoa!!! I never said NSMBWii did not have good platforming! Quite the opposite my issue is the replayability. Once I've beaten the game what is their left to do? I could beat it again but then what??? Personally there are very few games I play through more than twice, that is not relegated to Mario. Yes, there is multi but as ive stated b4 my group are not fond of Wii and would rather play COD so Im not spending 50 bucks on a 2d platformer that im going to probably pay only twice

Unlock the secret levels, get all the medals in those, unlock all the secrets, etc.

It's an immensely replayable game by virtue of its gameplay, but lots of non-vital content is a contributing factor.

@Khuutra  I could do all that on the 2nd playthrough, at most it sounds like that doenst really add to much to replay value, how much more secret levels are their?? as for medals thats my point I DONT want to go back to the same levels just to get some tokens, thats what killed Mario 64 and Sunshine for me.  Maybe you just like Mario a little more than me and thats cool.  If im paying that much for a platformer I want more than just medals and secret levels

oniyide said:

@Khuutra  I could do all that on the 2nd playthrough, at most it sounds like that doenst really add to much to replay value, how much more secret levels are their?? as for medals thats my point I DONT want to go back to the same levels just to get some tokens, thats what killed Mario 64 and Sunshine for me.  Maybe you just like Mario a little more than me and thats cool.  If im paying that much for a platformer I want more than just medals and secret levels

The secret levels?

I will put it this way: you almost definitely aren't good enough to beat all of them.