By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Did you think RDR was really that good?

I didn't like it so no :P

Around the Network

game is awesome but its not my game of the year. Its the best western game i have ever played though.

it was good but not GOTY material

What I want from a game.

Gameplay > Story > Content > Graphics

Visual Style > Graphics

Smooth Camera, Intuitive Controls

Friction! When everything feels right!

yes, rockstar really made a good game, it was one of my GOTY choices, deserves all the awards it getting(unlike GTAIV)

RDR >.>

I haven't even beat the game yet and I got it the month it came out.

And I beat tekken 6 before RDR

Around the Network

Was it really that good? in a nutshell............. NO.

Just like GTA IV all it had going for it were high production values, but overall the gameplay was poor and clunky, even walking was retarded, and the less said about horse riding play the better.

I got over 600G's for it and completed the game, so i am not making this judgement based on playing the game for only a couple of hours or so.

Sorry, but i don't even consider it to be best western game out there either.

I would give that award to GUN on xbox/ps2.

Now THATS a fun game to play.

its an amazing game. go play ff13!!!!

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

It deserves all the sales, awards, praise its getting. Its the first Rockstar game i've enjoyed. The multi-player is amazing. The graphics, the framerate, the story, voice-acting. Such a great package. I can understand why someone might not like the game, but you have to recognize the quality of the game.

I've lost count of how many times I've explained my opinion on this but I'll just keep it short.

Red Dead Redemption is fuckin awesome. Nuff Said.

2nd Runner Up to my GOTY only just behind God of War III.

Never played or liked Rockstar's Games, especially thought GTA IV was boring as shit. Didn't even know RDR existed until April this year, a month before Release.

But blew me away...

It's runner up in my personal GOTY (although there's still room for that to change), so yes.

VGChartz