By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony reaffirms PS3 2010 sales projections

fighter said:
Wagram said:
psrock said:

They are selling better somewhere not Japan or US i guess.

EMEAA is a huge territory. Honestly Sony hitting the gutter was probably the best thing for them. They are kicking so much ass now. Best 3rd place ever and has an AMAZING category of games on the PS3 now. God the games next year alone could give ya the shakes.

Are you saying 2011 will be the best year of the PS3 ?

Honestly that sounds pretty similar to what was said about 2008/9/10 being the best years of the PS3 (btw when did it, according to you, "hit the gutter" ?).

Are you being ironic or is it really what you think ?

But that is all true;.Every year has been the best for PS3...And yes I also believe next year has a high chance to be doing better than this year..

Around the Network

How much did the PS3 ship in Q1FY? I presume it's in first place so far considering its huge lead over the other consoles in the last quarter.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

fighter said:
Wagram said:
psrock said:

EMEAA is a huge territory. Honestly Sony hitting the gutter was probably the best thing for them. They are kicking so much ass now. Best 3rd place ever and has an AMAZING category of games on the PS3 now. God the games next year alone could give ya the shakes.

Honestly that sounds pretty similar to what was said about 2008/9/10 being the best years of the PS3 (btw when did it, according to you, "hit the gutter" ?).

Why should it not be the case?

Maybe if you would take your Anti-Sony behaviour off you would see that every year topped the year before, not only in great games, but also in sales.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Let's see that PS3 grows even more in 2011 !!!

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

I don't think they'll reach 15 million but I think it will be very close, say 14.5 million sold.

Around the Network
fighter said:
Wagram said:
psrock said:

I don't know whether or not you're being sarcastic but Sony shipped more in '09 than they did in '08, they shipped more in '08 than they did in '07, and, if their projection holds, they'll have shipped more in 10 than they did in '09, so when people said the year prior to it happening that "2008/09/10 will the PS3 best year ever", they were right.

Immortal said:

How much did the PS3 ship in Q1FY? I presume it's in first place so far considering its huge lead over the other consoles in the last quarter.

It shipped 2.42 million in Q1 of the fiscal year and 3.5 million in Q2. It's 950k ahead of the Wii so far for the fiscal year. MS's fiscal year starts in July but lining up the March-September quarters PS3 is ahead of 360 by 1.62 million. Assuming they do hit their projection and the January-March 2011 quarter is similar to this year than shipments for the holiday quarter should be somewhere in the neighborhood of 7 million. Assuming Ninty hits their 17.5 million Wii projection holiday shipments should be around 9.5-10.5 million. MS is a question mark. We don't have any projections to gauge off of.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

ElGranCabeza said:
fighter said:
Wagram said:
psrock said:

I don't know whether or not you're being sarcastic but Sony shipped more in '09 than they did in '08, they shipped more in '08 than they did in '07, and, if their projection holds, they'll have shipped more in 10 than they did in '09, so when people said the year prior to it happening that "2008/09/10 will the PS3 best year ever", they were right.

Channel Stuffing more likely this year...I mean the gap between the PS3 and 360 in the November NPD was huge

ImJustBayuum said:
ElGranCabeza said:

Channel Stuffing more likely this year...I mean the gap between the PS3 and 360 in the November NPD was huge

Going by our numbers it was already stuffed at the end of the July-September quarter. 1.85 million PS3s in the channel compared to 1.3 million Wiis and 900k 360s, and a measly 800k DS (which is tiny for the volumes that it sells in). I actually think we're noticeably overtracking the DS.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

postofficebuddy said:
Immortal said:

It shipped 2.42 million in Q1 of the fiscal year and 3.5 million in Q2. It's 950k ahead of the Wii so far for the fiscal year. MS's fiscal year starts in July but lining up the March-September quarters PS3 is ahead of 360 by 1.62 million. Assuming they do hit their projection and the January-March 2011 quarter is similar to this year than shipments for the holiday quarter should be somewhere in the neighborhood of 7 million. Assuming Ninty hits their 17.5 million Wii projection holiday shipments should be around 9.5-10.5 million. MS is a question mark. We don't have any projections to gauge off of.

Thanks for the information.

Looking at recent sales via VGC/NPD/MC, I don't think that the PS3 will actually hit its target; EMEAA would have to have astonishing sales for this to be accomplished. By sales, I should think that PS3'll finish around 2.1m or so in Americas for the quarter and 550k or so in Japan. I really don't see EMEAA sales being twice that of Americas in the holiday quarter. On top of that, Move was likely boosting sales at the end of last quarter and substantial shipments to be sold in early next quarter were probably made at that time, reducing shipments from this quarter. I'd therefore expect shipments to be around 5-5.5m rather than 7m. Unless Sony has something massive up its sleeves, I simply don't see how they expect to outsell Wii's March 2010 quarter substantially.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx