By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How is Crysis?

How is Crysis?

Total:0

How's the game? I'm thinking about getting Crysis 2 but I want to know how the first one was.

Around the Network

I played Crysis for the graphics and I'll be playing Crysis 2 for the graphics.

It's a decent game.

Gilgamesh said:

It's a decent game.

How was the gameplay? Can you compare it to another game?

I thought that gameplay was very refreshing compared to these corridor console shooters. Especially at the beginning levels were pretty big and wide. It was also fun to play with suit powers. Definitely one of the best FPS games of all time for me.

Jay520 said:
Gilgamesh said:

It's a decent game.

How was the gameplay? Can you compare it to another game?

Same as any other shooter, nice little features of invisibility, strength and speed, it's some what open world.

Around the Network

Its like Farcry 1 with redonkeyless graphics...

disolitude said:

How similar are Farcry 1 & 2?

I played Farcry 2 and I thought that was pretty shitty. : (

Jay520 said:
disolitude said:

How similar are Farcry 1 & 2?

I played Farcry 2 and I thought that was pretty shitty. : (

Yeah Farcry 2 sucks balls.

Farcry 1 has the open world of Farcry 2...but no sandbox structure. So there ae no sleep missions, none of "go there do this"...you're just outside and you hijack jeeps, steal weapons and push forward.

Crysis 1 is just like this. Its a good game on all accounts, but a great one visually

For me Crysis was, at first, a benchmark game, just to check what my graphic card could handle.

It's a decent FPS, what is very interesting is the 'sandbox' type of gameplay, meaning that you can reach the objectives using stealth, or all guns ablaze. Using the combination power, you can cloak (I win button in the game), or you can use speed to jump higher and run faster. Also, you can use the environment against the enemy, or turning around a jeep and shoot it in the tanker... And a very nice tank warfare moment on a big green plain shooting north Korean. It's not bad, but it's not the more entertaining game I've played.

Besides than that, the action is pretty straightforward, and the scenario matches the highest a rank Z movie can offer. Treason, guy that die-but-in-fact-no, saturday morning villains that laugh after explaining their last plan to control the world. And the sarcastic laughs as well.

What I heard about the second opus, is that it will be more linear than the first would be, that the suit power are reduced, ie : adapted to the console crowd, translated : dumbed down. Oh yeah, you'll have moar pretty cinematics and action packed events, but which game don't have these nowadays ! I won't get it straight away, unless at a reduced price.

It's what disolitude says basically.

I don't like FPS generally like killzone, halo, etc so my views are a bit skewed.

It's probably my favorite FPS this gen, for shooting reasons at least, it's sandbox so you can approach the situation in various ways because of suit powers and weapons. I found this really entertaining... I liked bioshock more... but the shooting sucked... and that wasn't why I liked it.
It's waywaywaywawyay better than Farcry 2

As well. Crysis Warhead is better... But shorter. It's paced better, runs better (I think I can't recall). And was cheaper but I don't know if so anymore.