By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Gamerscore League

Thanks for the update Neo.

Finding all the cars in L.A. Noire is boooooooooooooooring, 79 down, 16 to go, but at least two so far have not appeared where they were supposed to on any guide i have read.

So i have vehicles and film reels to collect in L.A. Noir, then after that i plan on hopefully collecting all the statues in Vanquish......... do you see a pattern here? i'm sick to the back teeth of collectables in games grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

More origional achievements please games developers.

Around the Network
Ronster316 said:

Finding all the cars in L.A. Noire is boooooooooooooooring, 79 down, 16 to go, but at least two so far have not appeared where they were supposed to on any guide i have read.

So i have vehicles and film reels to collect in L.A. Noir, then after that i plan on hopefully collecting all the statues in Vanquish......... do you see a pattern here? i'm sick to the back teeth of collectables in games grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Agreed collectable finding achievements are so annoying....I don't mind the occasional one here and there but it seems every damn game has about 5-10 achievements that require hours of searching around to find the crap.

Oh and one more person needs to get Dirt 3!

Ronster316 said:

I feel your pain. For the most part been really enjoying LA Noire but not looking forward to doing all the collectable achievements.

Berstuck said:
Ronster316 said:

I feel your pain. For the most part been really enjoying LA Noire but not looking forward to doing all the collectable achievements.

I don't mind collectibles that give you more skills in the game like Crackdown, Darksiders, etc...  But collectibles for collectible sake should be limited to less then 25 in a 10 hour game.  And they should be fairly easy to find.  Forcing gamers to play through the levels or full games for hours again to find overly hidden collectibles is annoying.

Also, collectible achievements should require that they have a stats page telling you down to the checkpoint where you have missed collectibles.  So that if they are missed you can go and replay the checkpoint to find them.

I like achievements asking you to do fun stuff in the game much more interesting... like to for forward rolls in your vehicle, squish 50 covenant with your warthog, etc.  Developers are getting better.  I really like in game popups showing your progress on achievements and the stats pages that you can go to.

Around the Network

@ Yo _John

i have bloody collectables to get in Vanquish, Fuel, GTA IV, Red Dead, Crackdown 2, hell even beyond crappy games like Sniper: ghost warrior, is it any wonder that i have no more than middle sized G's for the above games? i am genuinely sick of collectables, seriously gonna have to choose my games more wisely in future, hell, even right now im smashing through billboards, trying to locatre car parks, trying to find all races and all other manner of CRAP in Burnout Paradise........ this collectables sh*t NEVER SEEMS TO END.

@ Berstuck

trust me buddy, whatever score you currently would give LA Noir will change after the collectables BS............. you know why? sometimes you can spend up to 30 minutes looking for a god damn car, then on top of that some of the vehicles are only obtainable about two thirds in to a mission that you already god damn played through....... im truly glad LA noire is done, beleive me.

@ Neo

Some good points you raised there, collectables that may lead to bigger and better things are still pretty cool yes, but as time goes by, more and more bloody companies are adding collectables to their achievement lists simply because they were too lazy to come up a genuie skill challenge, or for that matter somthing entirely origional grrrrrrrrr lol.

@ Yo _John

i have bloody collectables to get in Vanquish, Fuel, GTA IV, Red Dead, Crackdown 2, hell even beyond crappy games like Sniper: ghost warrior, is it any wonder that i have no more than middle sized G's for the above games? i am genuinely sick of collectables, seriously gonna have to choose my games more wisely in future, hell, even right now im smashing through billboards, trying to locatre car parks, trying to find all races and all other manner of CRAP in Burnout Paradise........ this collectables sh*t NEVER SEEMS TO END.

@ Berstuck

trust me buddy, whatever score you currently would give LA Noir will change after the collectables BS............. you know why? sometimes you can spend up to 30 minutes looking for a god damn car, then on top of that some of the vehicles are only obtainable about two thirds in to a mission that you already god damn played through....... im truly glad LA noire is done, beleive me.

@ Neo

Some good points you raised there, collectables that may lead to bigger and better things are still pretty cool yes, but as time goes by, more and more bloody companies are adding collectables to their achievement lists simply because they were too lazy to come up a genuie skill challenge, or for that matter somthing entirely origional grrrrrrrrr lol.

Typos, double post, sorry guys, i can't edit it.

VGC doesn't seem to be working too well for me, it's like summer 2010 all over again lol.

Here's a suggestion to anyone complaining about collectibles:

Don't get them.

Easy.  I have no intentions of doing all that in Noir.  It's funny how ya'll talk as if you are somehow "forced" to do it.

I'm somewhere between JPL and the completionists on this one.  I can tell you right now I'll be maxing out Skyrim but for games that aren't wrpgs or in my usual comfort zone the enjoyment and satisfaction drops off fast on those last few achs.  LA:N is a big, beautiful game but the actual action sequences are kind of clunky and I found it repetitive.  Driving is not my forte but I thought they implemented it well.  I hate to leave anything under the 80% mark now though.

Ronster:  I think you'll find Vanquish collectibles a breeze by comparison.  Mission Select shows what you missed, the chapters aren't long and a beefed-up character feels like Death incarnate on the lower difficulties.  I think I used a vid guide rather than still photos.  On the other hand they make you play a scratch character in the challenges and start from the beginning if you die.  What's worse, the weps are lvl 1.  I tried No. 1 exactly 10 times and said nooo thanks.  The ach is compete all and No. 6 is supposed to be ridiculous. There are too many enjoyable games out there for me to torture myself for weeks.   I replayed the last boss fight dozens of times in the regular game and gradually upgraded the rocket launcher enough to finally win.  I'll grind stuff out like that but my skills are hardly elite.  I'm sure there are a half-dozen gamers here who could manage if they wanted and you're one of them.