By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Against the grain: Let's all have a HD Wii!

Against the grain: Let's all have a HD Wii!

Yes, I'd buy a HD Wii 32 26.67%

No, my Wii is fine in SD 36 30.00%

No, but I'll only yet Wii2 if it's HD 29 24.17%

No, and I'll never get one, it's a toy 14 11.67%

Yes, but only if it was a... 9 7.50%

Total:120

No HD for me until the successor comes around the corner, I still use an SD TV.

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!
Around the Network
Squilliam said:
Conegamer said:
Squilliam said:
TWRoO said:
Squilliam said:

Thats a pretty good reason in itself. The BOM savings over 30M or more units could more than pay back the development costs of the revision.

And there was a rumour about a year ago Nintendo was working on a convection cooled Wii (no fan) that's more savings (albeit small ones) as well as an impressive technical achievement if they can do it and not have Wii's overheating.

I mean what was the last major console without a fan? I would guess the dreamcast had one, which means the last was the N64.

Well they could use a vapour chamber. They use those on high end and passively cooled graphics cards. Effectively it is like a flat, wide heat pipe which is great for heat disipation with copper fins attached.

As for fans, probably the N64, yeah.

Now THAT'S a good idea!

As for your comments about a HD wii, whilst reasonable and logical (most logical I've seen even!) I don't think that the Wii is suffereing enough at the moment for Nintendo to consider it. If it sells 15mil next year, then there will be NO HD Wii. Of that I'm certain

Thank you for your praise.

It's OK, it's a good point after all

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

I see a WiiHD as pointless this generation but I will be surprised if there's no HD support next generation.

This thread deserves a 6/10, because there have been more Wii HD threads than I can count, and this annoys me.

Above: still the best game of the year.

I doubt anyone would ready care :/ Sony and M$ have already been terning olg games HD so it would be kinda old

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

Around the Network

You want a Wii HD? Easy Peasy. Just run the dolphin emulator, set the video output to 720p or 1080p and your got your Wii HD.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

i am fine with a SD Wii now, and i really don't think it would make much sense at this stage to bother with an HDWii. the wii has been doing great as it is, so nintendo should focus on making their next console (which should be HD) the best it can be

Not really against the grain =P

I'm pretty sure Nintendo has amazing market research and their target audience is the mass market. They'll release it when the mass market consumers have HD tv.

Monteblanco said:
bluesinG said:

Frankly, I'm more interested in how much the next Nintendo console improves on the Wii's motion controls than in how much it improves on the Wii's graphics.

Good point. Although I agree with you, I am also certain that the next console will be on par, if not better, than the PS3.

I will go with this. Let MS and Sony carry on with their super hardware war. A wii HD equal in power to a current PS3 and some new innovations thrown in will mean a cheaper console.

On a personal note I would like some sort of internal storage to store in game data. When playing COD my DVD drive is so noisy it wakes up the dead. SD cards are fine but even the fastest are snails compared to a half decent HDD.

BTW I am surprised how many of you still have SD TVs, I mean HD is not that expensive these days. Saying that, everyone is in a different situation as some of you explained so don't take my statement the wrong way.

Beuli2 said:

This thread deserves a 6/10, because there have been more Wii HD threads than I can count, and this annoys me.

Hey, sorry man, I didn't realise!

No opinion on the topic then?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.