By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
CGI-Quality said:
KillerMan said:
CGI-Quality said:
ethomaz said:

IT ONLY DOES OVER 9000

# GT5 GT4 Week Diff Cumulative
1 2,191,588 2,523,055 -331,467 (-13.1%) -331,467 (-13.1%)
2 758,389 1,000,378 -241,989 (-24.1%) -573,456 (-16.2%)
3 680,736 510,176  170,560 (33.4%) -402,896 (-9.9%)
4   326,608    

Gives a good indication of where GT5 could be headed when put to the test against GT4. It's looking like it will outsell GT4 next week too.

GT5 launched during holiday season and GT4 didn't. It makes these comparisons pretty meaningless. Of course great sales still.

Maybe so, but some suggested that interest in the franchise had lessened. Holiday season or not, if interest had lessened, it wouldn't be selling on par or outselling the most recent iteration. Basically, the few delays, misinformation, lack of intial marketing, and sub-9 reviews haven't held it back.

Yeah, I don't get that.  People are doing the same with Kinect, minimizing sales because its the holiday season.  Sales are sales.

Around the Network
4k1x3r said:
Darth Tigris said:
4k1x3r said:
kowenicki said:
Mordred11 said:
Darth Tigris said:

For any that say bundled games always far outsell non-bundled games, I present a Sports competition ...

Kinect Sports (X360)
Microsoft
6 273,677 1,246,435
Sports Champions (PS3)
Sony Computer Entertainment
13 157,527 1,274,206

And before someone jumps me (again), Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort aren't here because they didn't launch this 'season'.

And...?If they had,sales would be even bigger.

the point he was trying to make was that the lowest selling one IS bundled... the other isnt.

It's not bundled everywhere. And what people have to understand is that alot of title already released are Move compatible now, while only games made for Kinect are playable wth Kinect. Now I'm letting you continue your pointless comparisons.

I just think Microsoft made a really good decision not bundling their best Kinect games.  It seems to have helped the sales of the highest rated software.

I don't understand the logic of your answer... Why do you tell us that? What does it have to do in the discussion?

That without bundling, Kinect Sports (one of the games I was referring to) has sold great numbers considering people already had to spend at least $150 before purchasing it just to play it.

Sports Champions, commonly referred to as the best pure Move experience, is bundled in the US and many (including the 2 friends of mine that have Move) haven't purchased anything other pure Move software.  Had they not bundled it, SC could've possibly had similar numbers but another piece of bundled software would've benefited from the bundle sales.  Then Move software sales as a whole would be better.  

Darth Tigris said:
CGI-Quality said:
KillerMan said:
CGI-Quality said:
ethomaz said:

IT ONLY DOES OVER 9000

4   326,608    

Gives a good indication of where GT5 could be headed when put to the test against GT4. It's looking like it will outsell GT4 next week too.

GT5 launched during holiday season and GT4 didn't. It makes these comparisons pretty meaningless. Of course great sales still.

Maybe so, but some suggested that interest in the franchise had lessened. Holiday season or not, if interest had lessened, it wouldn't be selling on par or outselling the most recent iteration. Basically, the few delays, misinformation, lack of intial marketing, and sub-9 reviews haven't held it back.

Yeah, I don't get that.  People are doing the same with Kinect, minimizing sales because its the holiday season.  Sales are sales.

I agree that it doesn't make much sense to downplay Kinect because of the holidays (which is when most platforms launch), but KillerMan does have a legitimate point. CGI did say how it "gives a good indication of where GT5 should be headed," but it's important to keep in mind that the holidays are inflating the sales quite a bit.

Of course, not saying that GT5's sales are bad (they're high as I expected), just that a direct comparison between GT5 and GT4's weekly sales isn't a fair one.

Naum said:

But but but but... I thought that the Wii and DS were doomed!1!

Naw. The DS isn't doomed, but iPod and PSPhone will slaughter 3DS.

Oh, and never forget, every year is always Wii's last holiday on top, ;).

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Great sales for everything :)

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

Around the Network
c0rd said:
Darth Tigris said:
CGI-Quality said:
KillerMan said:
CGI-Quality said:
ethomaz said:

IT ONLY DOES OVER 9000

4   326,608    

I agree that it doesn't make much sense to downplay Kinect because of the holidays (which is when most platforms launch), but KillerMan does have a legitimate point. CGI did say how it "gives a good indication of where GT5 should be headed," but it's important to keep in mind that the holidays are inflating the sales quite a bit.

Of course, not saying that GT5's sales are bad (they're high as I expected), just that a direct comparison between GT5 and GT4's weekly sales isn't a fair one.

I guess it's unfair because of the different install bases for each game's release too. There is no perfect & direct comparison to any game sequel but to slight GT5's success because of it is unfair.

Being in 2nd feels so much better than being in 3rd

Metroid: Other M (Wii)
Nintendo
15 24,186 634,582

Considering how bad the sales have been overall, I R Happy.

Oh,and Wii, DS, DKCR, Epic Mickey etc. are doing great!!!

Nintendomination is once again upon us!!!

Things that need to die in 2016: Defeatist attitudes of Nintendo fans

Darth Tigris said:
4k1x3r said:
Darth Tigris said:
4k1x3r said:
kowenicki said:
Mordred11 said:
Darth Tigris said:

For any that say bundled games always far outsell non-bundled games, I present a Sports competition ...

Kinect Sports (X360)
Microsoft
6 273,677 1,246,435
Sports Champions (PS3)
Sony Computer Entertainment
13 157,527 1,274,206

And before someone jumps me (again), Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort aren't here because they didn't launch this 'season'.

And...?If they had,sales would be even bigger.

the point he was trying to make was that the lowest selling one IS bundled... the other isnt.

It's not bundled everywhere. And what people have to understand is that alot of title already released are Move compatible now, while only games made for Kinect are playable wth Kinect. Now I'm letting you continue your pointless comparisons.

I just think Microsoft made a really good decision not bundling their best Kinect games.  It seems to have helped the sales of the highest rated software.

I don't understand the logic of your answer... Why do you tell us that? What does it have to do in the discussion?

That without bundling, Kinect Sports (one of the games I was referring to) has sold great numbers considering people already had to spend at least $150 before purchasing it just to play it.

Sports Champions, commonly referred to as the best pure Move experience, is bundled in the US and many (including the 2 friends of mine that have Move) haven't purchased anything other pure Move software.  Had they not bundled it, SC could've possibly had similar numbers but another piece of bundled software would've benefited from the bundle sales.  Then Move software sales as a whole would be better.  

Yea I see what you mean and I kind of agree, but as I said, there's plenty of games that are Move compatible and that people already owned before Move came out (2 of my friends bought the Move for... MAG and Heavy Rain and didn't even buy Sports Champion. x) )

So the difference lies in the fact that Kinect games are Kinect games and playable only with Kinect, while Move games must be played with Move, but you can use Move for games compatible with it too. So people are not forced to buy Move exclusive games, that are often meh.

1.5 Million..... not too shabby for a doomed console