By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - South Park vs Family Guy: Which is better?

SecondWar said:

Im a bit biased as I only watch 2 of them, Family Guy and American Dad. I would probably give South Park a try if I could ever find it on TV (originally had the same problem with Family Guy).

I would have to go with Family Guy. I dare anyone to watch the below clip and no laugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne-4OsH91L4

That was not funny at all.

South Park kicks it's ass.

Wii U Nintendo Network ID, Borode

XBOX Live ID, Borode

Around the Network

there is sth about SP that makes me love it

Excluding Family Guy horrible (imo) last season, Family Guy was more constantly funny, while South Park has some memorable episodes, while others are quite boring...but when it is at it's best I prefer South Park. However they're a bit different Family Guy has a more fool comicity while SP is more satiric. Drawn Togheter was both more stupid than FG and more nasty than SP, it was really relentless.

Family guy,I only watch southpark for the cartman character,because it reminds me of so many people.

I like both. Out of the two I like Family guy a bit better.

The poll should include The Simpsons though. The first 10 or so seasons of the Simpsons can't even be touched.

Also King of the Hill is another great cartoon show.

Around the Network

South Park, definitely. Some eps are crap, sometimes it's repetitive, but most of the times it's just too funny

Tough to call, they are my two favorite cartoons. I love the wittiness and random humor of family guy, and I love the topical/political and vulgar humor of South Park that usually leaves you with an intellectual message in a funny way.

I guess I would say I prefer OLD family guy (like the late 90s - early 200s), and NEW South Park (early 2000s to present). I feel family guy lost its witty more subtle humor in the older episodes that brought much of its appeal to me, and replaced it immature, off the wall fart jokes type of comedy. South Park I feel was a bit too immature at first and didn't fully develop its true character and didn't really get smarter until roughly into season 4.