By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
theprof00 said:

you might as well just confess now, scottie. Your death is assured.

Give your thanks for playing, and go out with a bit of class.

I am aware that my death is assured, and that is why it is so important for me to influence the doctor. After the lynch you'll be down to 18 players, and then if the doctor doesn't manage to save someone it'll be down to 12 town and 5 mafia. Considering that you guys are lynching quite widly, I'm predicting that 5 mafia will be able to beat 12 town with no problems at all. 

I suspect that after my death, the mafia will see NeN as unlynchable and thus may as well kill him off to leave as many townies who might draw votes.

But you are right, it is time to say good game, and good luck

Around the Network

I suspect that you wildly overestimate the influence a random townie's estimation of nen-suer as pro-town will have on all of us. 

Unless, of course, you're the fucking cop in which case it is TIME AND PAST TIME that you roleclaimed. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

theprof00 said:http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3830895

2) I didn't think it was some gambit. I'm not sure why you're claiming to have thought of it first either. I think it's irrelevant anyway, but "I thought it first" can't be proven.

4) I'm not twisting your words. Gniz said so because you changed the wording of what he said. I accused j0 of the same because he took my words out of context. I did neither here, just made an observation about your post. It may not fit your intention, but I read it as it could've been a slip.

5) Did you call me dangerous? To quote you: "My own list of people to off on day 1 would be much much smaller, first of all, and consist of the players who I'd think are most dangerous.

Linkz or Heph. Linkz, I'm scared of, I hope when he's mafia it will be easy to tell. Heph is just a scary player."

Either you're giving your small list of most dangerous players or you just decided to provide a small list of "scary" players for a completely unrelated reason. I'd say yes you called me dangerous. I'm not sure why that's important.

B) I already said I think Gniz took the "twisting of words" to mean that you're whole investigation was personal, though I don't think that was actually the case and there were points to answer for. Though to be frank, after seeing it peppered throughout the thread so far, I'm not sure I even care to hear them. I'm inclined to just use the original "defensive of lurkers" post as possible evidence should it tie-in with future events.

Bonus) I'd have to ask what you mean by "enemy" and if you're referring to Mafia specifically or in general. Here, I don't know who my enemy is, so if I suspect that somebody is trying to outwit me, I'd take that as a sign that they're scum and I'd look to expose them. I wouldn't expect a townie to try to outwit anyone seeing as they don't know enemies from allies.

Linkzmax said:

theprof00 said:http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3830895

2) I didn't think it was some gambit. I'm not sure why you're claiming to have thought of it first either. I think it's irrelevant anyway, but "I thought it first" can't be proven.

4) I'm not twisting your words. Gniz said so because you changed the wording of what he said. I accused j0 of the same because he took my words out of context. I did neither here, just made an observation about your post. It may not fit your intention, but I read it as it could've been a slip.

5) Did you call me dangerous? To quote you: "My own list of people to off on day 1 would be much much smaller, first of all, and consist of the players who I'd think are most dangerous.

Linkz or Heph. Linkz, I'm scared of, I hope when he's mafia it will be easy to tell. Heph is just a scary player."

Either you're giving your small list of most dangerous players or you just decided to provide a small list of "scary" players for a completely unrelated reason. I'd say yes you called me dangerous. I'm not sure why that's important.

B) I already said I think Gniz took the "twisting of words" to mean that you're whole investigation was personal, though I don't think that was actually the case and there were points to answer for. Though to be frank, after seeing it peppered throughout the thread so far, I'm not sure I even care to hear them. I'm inclined to just use the original "defensive of lurkers" post as possible evidence should it tie-in with future events.

Bonus) I'd have to ask what you mean by "enemy" and if you're referring to Mafia specifically or in general. Here, I don't know who my enemy is, so if I suspect that somebody is trying to outwit me, I'd take that as a sign that they're scum and I'd look to expose them. I wouldn't expect a townie to try to outwit anyone seeing as they don't know enemies from allies.

2) You're right, it can't be proven. You can look at the context and decide for yourself. Like I said, I was only wondering why you had phrased your post in that way, placing "and I said it" right before "I'm suspicious of you" more or less. Really, it doesn't matter.

4) I was having fun at Gniz's expense. I later realized that Gniz never mentioned "twisting my words" in response to anything I was saying OTHER than when I actually used the wrong word. Although, by saying my "post had no merit", I took it to infer that "I had no merit", since my post was logical and thought out.

5) As you can see with what happened with the "twisting words" and Gniz, I often confuse some posts together. I've been trying harder to reply using actual links and quotes, but sometimes it's difficult to remember my exact wording and often I simply miss what I said. I don't believe the wording is really significant, or what the real gripe is here anyway.. I'm dangerous, you're dangerous; The point wasn't my wording, but truck's. He listed about 8 players, leaving some in and some out. I wasn't calling it evidence, I'm just curious as to why he put in so many players in his list and for what reasons he picked each one, specifically leaving YOU out.

B) It's possible I was reaching, but it's possible that he was also trying to set up those players by ACTING defensively. Either way, it only really matters if he flips scum at some point in the game.

Bonus) You never really answered the question though did you?

What I meant by that, was "When you think scum is trying to outwit you, do you play along or not".

The wording is poor, I know.

Current votes (10 required to lynch):

[2, L-8] ZEX: GNIZ, DTEWI

[2, L-8] HAT: (PROF), WONK, VET

[0, L-10] WONK: (HAT)

[1, L-9] NEN: (ST), (PROF), (FF), SAK, (ZEX)

[0, L-10] ST: (TRUCK), (NEN), (SCOTT)

[8, L-2] SCOTT: MG, RAD, ST, STEF, PROF, HAT, FF, J0

[0, L-10] MG: (SCOTT)

[5, L-5] SAK: NORD, LINK, (PROF), (FF), NEN, ZEX, SCOTT

Around the Network
scottie said:
theprof00 said:

you might as well just confess now, scottie. Your death is assured.

Give your thanks for playing, and go out with a bit of class.

I am aware that my death is assured, and that is why it is so important for me to influence the doctor. After the lynch you'll be down to 18 players, and then if the doctor doesn't manage to save someone it'll be down to 12 town and 5 mafia. Considering that you guys are lynching quite widly, I'm predicting that 5 mafia will be able to beat 12 town with no problems at all. 

I suspect that after my death, the mafia will see NeN as unlynchable and thus may as well kill him off to leave as many townies who might draw votes.

But you are right, it is time to say good game, and good luck

As FF points out, you've been soft-claiming cop. Is that the case? If so, why did you choose to investigate Nen?

Regardless you're math is illogical and that always bugs me.(See the graveyard QT last round) You're begging the doctor to save Nen. Knowing this, mafia won't go after Nen. We'll still lose another townie. Also, "lynching quite widly?" There hasn't been a single lynch yet! If you mean voting, then only a few have voted wildly(read as switching around frequently) and you're one of the biggest culprits.

He may become "unlynchable" if he's a confirmed townie, but that doesn't make him any more knowledgeable about who scum is than other townies, so they just continue picking off others anyway. Basically your logic fails.

nen-suer said:http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3832041

I did admit it's weak, but he was still my top suspect and the one I thought most likely would turn up scum. I've never said I think he is town as you first hoped, then knew he most likely is. I'm in no way voting for what I think will most likely be a mislynch, because I want to lynch scum not punish poor play.

@SAK: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3832287
I fit a couple of those categories, but there was more to my vote than what you listed. Anyway, a slap for not paying attention but a golf clap for a part of your defense that makes me slightly less suspicious of you. It wouldn't be enough for me to do this, but both nen and scottie have risen higher than you on my list of scumspects. So, back to a HoS with you.
unvote: SAK

@scottie: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3832738
The problem is you have had plenty of time since you first started getting votes to do anything besides defend yourself. Outside of a pretty lame vote on MG, ST, and now SAK you've done nothing. Contributions don't have to be in the form of votes.

I do agree that there are probably mafia voting for you already. Regardless of your alignment, you've been playing so scummy that nobody can defend you.

I am very tempted to vote you, but you've been soft-claiming a cop for the past few votes, so I'm wary to put you at L-1. I've got to check back on your posts to see if it makes sense or not.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3833117: If you are scum, you wouldn't be defending a person(yourself) that you know isn't scum. Just a nitpick of your logic. Defending yourself does take precedence, but it's been nearly two weeks since this round started and that is all you have to show for it.

@rad: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3833492
Nitpicky again, but by "tonight" did you mean in real time. I bring this up because lynches obviously happen during day phases. So I wonder if you somehow meant scottie could be the night-kill? It's already been pointed out that a vanilla townie would have nothing concrete on SAK. Who knows what scum's intentions would really be. And if scottie is indeed the cop, he's already indicated scanning nen, so still nothing concrete on SAK.

@prof:
As I said above to scottie, I think there's a goood chance mafia are on scottie already. Whether they voted before or after the tipping vote I don't know, but I do think it was odd that j0 returned after a long absence and immediately voted scottie is quite suspicious. Especially given that he's admitted to not being completely caught up AND urges a slowing down of votes for discussion's sake.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3834625:
First, scum or not I think scottie has had a horrible game. Don't take that the wrong way though scottie, I do hope that mistakes are learned from and more rounds will be played!
Second, wtf is "But with that post you made saying nen is innocent. We know he's innocent, but you used your later flip to make us look really hard into lynching nen." You picked on me for the use of "we" and now you use it along with "know he's innocent?" I guess I'm not in your "we" because until recently I did THINK nen was innocent, but now I lean the other way. A scottie flip could influence that, but I'll cross that bridge if the time comes to do so.

Back to our back-and-forth:
2) There was no connection between my pointing out the links and saying I'm wary of you. The connection is that we shared suspicions.
5) Truck will have to answer that one. Perhaps he doesn't share your sentiments (or the likes of Heph and other scum from last round) that I'm a good player. Not pertinent information, but it wouldn't bother me one bit if that's the case.
B) Or if you flip scum.
Bonus) I did answer it when I said "I'd look to expose them" but since I didn't know the full question, I'll answer again. It depends on the circumstances. If I feel I could learn some information I would play along, but I'd probably still make my suspicions known in a way in case of my death should the game continue for longer than a day. Otherwise I'd get straight to the exposing.

Are you online and able to post now? Need a speedy response to a question.

ask away, I'll answer this, if by A question, you mean a different one than above.

EDIT:editted out linkz, post

Stefl1504 said:

@ linkz

Huh? I was defending j0? I was just curious to get to know what he thought about him since I did not see anything really scummy about him. I did not say anything about the two others, but they have done things that can get them easily on that list. For myself, I did not feel to defend myself, since there were no real accusations, he just saids he thinks that about me, just like anyone can say it about anyone.

Requoting you and myself for an answer, since you've been on and haven't posted in days.

"Perhaps "defend" was too strong a word. I just find it odd that without any real accusations about any of them you decided to state "I did not see anything scummy so far about him" instead of asking for an explanation as to why your name is included in the list.

I just felt it was obvious prof would explain his reasoning on them all, or it would've have just been ignored by everyone, yet you purposefully threw in that line to pre-discredit prof in a way.

Your explanation now is fair enough, but what do you think of j0 now given his evidence?"

To save you the trouble of finding it, here is the evidence as stated by prof: a dedicated post and a bit more amognst a list

There are some other with unexplained(likely Holiday) absences that haven't posted in a number of days, yet they are coming online. I'm not trying to draw suspicion to them nor indicate that they need to come out of hiding, just want to hear from them again, even if it's a "Been busy, will be busy for a while still". I greatly dislike lurkers. As much as I hate Zexen's post saying he'll be gone for 15 days, I'd rather someone be up front about it.

theprof00 said:

ask away, I'll answer this, if by A question, you mean a different one than above.

How and when did you realize you've played a game with scottie before?