By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Linkzmax said:

Out for blood again GOW? I guess you must be a townie.

I'm for a lynching too, but nobody has raised my suspicions yet. My lesson learned from last round is that once we do find the candidate for the gallows, we go full steam ahead with it. Unless that player can clear themselves, they'll either remain alive as scum or be a tool used by scum to hide behind(as radish was)

You know he could play that way everygame weither he's town or scum so I wouldn't think it points to anything yet.

Now was it that radish was one that scum could hide behind because he was close to being lynched first day or just because of how he played.

What I got from last round's first day is that the town can lynch rather easily.  One mob almost got radish then the next got Kantor yet the votes never seemed to be used to help get the scum.  It wasn't until later days where votes could be more easily analysed. 

I'm not at the point of voting no lynch just I think that the mafia can throw us off really easily the first day.  Although I'm looking forward to a mob forming because then we'll have names votes and behaviors to look at.

Around the Network
nen-suer said:
Wonktonodi said:
nen-suer said:
zexen_lowe said:

If you add that I think it adds to 100% unless I messed my maths horribly

Who cares if there is 5 or 7?

We keep playing means week keep hunting. Its that simple.

Yes that is true but if you get further along in the game you can play more risky if there is one scum left while you would need to be more causios if there were more.  It won't always be we keep playing if there are more of them.  It could just be we mislynch they night kill and we loose.

I see your point, but like you said this something we may need to discuses later  in the game.

5 or 6 doesnt mater at this moment and seeing two experienced player like Hat & Zex wasting time discussing

this mater is very scummy imo.

Well they were answering my question this being only my second game.  Had they brought it up on their own maybe at the same time Hat was questioning Zex's responce as being so certain. 

At this point in the game though anything is scummy.  Posting things that aren't vital is scummy.  Calling behaviour scummy is scummy and now I'm in the midst of it myself and I was just trying to figure out what we are up against.

Wonktonodi said:

Well they were answering my question this being only my second game.  Had they brought it up on their own maybe at the same time Hat was questioning Zex's responce as being so certain. 

At this point in the game though anything is scummy.  Posting things that aren't vital is scummy.  Calling behaviour scummy is scummy and now I'm in the midst of it myself and I was just trying to figure out what we are up against.

Isn't it very scummy of you to call everything very scummy??? Every post that is made at some time in the game can give hints on who is scum and who not later on, so just let them post what they want, if they are scum they will give themself away at some point in the game.

Stefl1504 said:
Wonktonodi said:

Isn't it very scummy of you to call everything very scummy??? Every post that is made at some time in the game can give hints on who is scum and who not later on, so just let them post what they want, if they are scum they will give themself away at some point in the game.

One I said scummy not very scummy there could very well be posts that are very scummy but those are much less likely.  So I'd say it was scummy of me not very but then again I did mention that in my own post when I said I was in the midst of it myself.  Two I said at this point at the game meaning first day.  There is no history to follow and no bodies to connect anyone to.  Most things could be called scummy today and much of that is just how we interpret what is said.  What someone could say as just being town could be interpreted as trying too hard to look protown and be scummy. What could be answers to a question could be seen as going off on a tangent and being a distraction and thought of as scummy. 

The game is always about people posting what they want, I was just saying that on day one it's harder to find anything that can really can't in some interpetiation be called scummy.  However there is something that is also scummy and that's lurking although even day one it's not too helpful of a tool to use to find scum. 

I disagree about them giving themselves away though.  The scum could win, but more likely then not there will be enough clues for us to find them.

I guess what I'm more saying is calling things scummy is itself scummy espeecially on day one.  I'm not FOS anyone over it just was an observation really.

Around the Network

Wow this thread is off to a flying start.  I'm not sure what to make of all this.  GOW and prof seem the most suspicious to me but that may well be just how they are. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Wonktonodi said:
Stefl1504 said:
Wonktonodi said:

One I said scummy not very scummy there could very well be posts that are very scummy but those are much less likely.  So I'd say it was scummy of me not very but then again I did mention that in my own post when I said I was in the midst of it myself.  Two I said at this point at the game meaning first day.  There is no history to follow and no bodies to connect anyone to.  Most things could be called scummy today and much of that is just how we interpret what is said.  What someone could say as just being town could be interpreted as trying too hard to look protown and be scummy. What could be answers to a question could be seen as going off on a tangent and being a distraction and thought of as scummy. 

The game is always about people posting what they want, I was just saying that on day one it's harder to find anything that can really can't in some interpetiation be called scummy.  However there is something that is also scummy and that's lurking although even day one it's not too helpful of a tool to use to find scum. 

I disagree about them giving themselves away though.  The scum could win, but more likely then not there will be enough clues for us to find them.

Sorry about the very... but I like to exaggerate...

@bolded

isn't that what such a game is all about? Trying to interpret posts right and find scum - which means that you have to filter out who is trying to hard and is scum and who is just being a overly "townish" towny... also I feel like you are getting pretty defensive, I did not want to attack you, I just wanted to point out that if you want to see something as scummy you will see it that way... don't just say every post is scummy analyse them and then judge if they are scummy or not.

Final-Fan said:

Wow this thread is off to a flying start.  I'm not sure what to make of all this.  GOW and prof seem the most suspicious to me but that may well be just how they are. 

Yeah... prof always seems like scum just because of his overly aggresiv behaviour...

Wonktonodi said:
Stefl1504 said:
Wonktonodi said:

One I said scummy not very scummy there could very well be posts that are very scummy but those are much less likely.  So I'd say it was scummy of me not very but then again I did mention that in my own post when I said I was in the midst of it myself.  Two I said at this point at the game meaning first day.  There is no history to follow and no bodies to connect anyone to.  Most things could be called scummy today and much of that is just how we interpret what is said.  What someone could say as just being town could be interpreted as trying too hard to look protown and be scummy. What could be answers to a question could be seen as going off on a tangent and being a distraction and thought of as scummy

All I could think of while reading this was, "I think wonk needs to say scummy a few more times". 

SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Stefl1504 said:

Sorry about the very... but I like to exaggerate...

@bolded

isn't that what such a game is all about? Trying to interpret posts right and find scum - which means that you have to filter out who is trying to hard and is scum and who is just being a overly "townish" towny... also I feel like you are getting pretty defensive, I did not want to attack you, I just wanted to point out that if you want to see something as scummy you will see it that way... don't just say every post is scummy analyse them and then judge if they are scummy or not.

Well be careful exagerations can kill in this game. 

True the game is about finding who is trying to hard to seem like town.  Wasn't trying to be that defensive a little but just because in this game we are all suspects and I think I'm still in my I'm scum you are the cop mode :P

I agree that if I want to see something as scummy I will see it that way.  I'm just aware that on day one it's much easier to see things as scummy based on my percetion instead of facts and patterns.  I won't discount what I see.  For instance those saying posts look scummy have seemed more scummy to me than the posts that they were refering to, but part of that could be from my reations to prof from the last game and also from my reation to hat. 

So even if I say it all seems scummy some things are more scummy than others.