By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
theprof00 said:

Vette, those little dots after I am here look really suspect. Are you down? Or sad? Why would vette be sad...I wonder. Also, for some reason, your avatar is one of those ones that make me think the worst of you right away, like therepublic. Something sterile and unforgiving about looking into a machine.

Metalgear, a little redundant to write that you're here twice, don't you think?

@linkz via Hatmoza

You do seem awfully, what's the word...facetious. Explain something to me. How did you learn that lesson from last game? Radish? That seems like an awfully superficial example to teach such a divergent lesson.

I said I was here once

-

Around the Network

Well this has gotten weird fast.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

MetalGear_94 said:
theprof00 said:

Vette, those little dots after I am here look really suspect. Are you down? Or sad? Why would vette be sad...I wonder. Also, for some reason, your avatar is one of those ones that make me think the worst of you right away, like therepublic. Something sterile and unforgiving about looking into a machine.

@linkz via Hatmoza

You do seem awfully, what's the word...facetious. Explain something to me. How did you learn that lesson from last game? Radish? That seems like an awfully superficial example to teach such a divergent lesson.

I said I was here once

you wrote:

"Metal Gear is here" at 3:13

and

"Hellooooooooooo" at 4:01

theprof00 said:
Linkzmax said:

Prof, you say this because my logic isn't sound or because you think that I'm trying to appear town?

Hat, care to point out this "great shift." I'd be happy to hear it when the round is over if you'd rather not say now.

I don't know, would you say that your post was "trying" to appear town?

Not sure if you still want me to answer this after my last post, but I will anyway. I was not trying to appear town with my post. Furthermore, I will not try to appear town with any of my posts. If that's how you or anyone else reads them, well so be it.

theprof00 said:
Linkzmax said:

Out for blood again GOW? I guess you must be a townie.

I'm for a lynching too, but nobody has raised my suspicions yet. My lesson learned from last round is that once we do find the candidate for the gallows, we go full steam ahead with it. Unless that player can clear themselves, they'll either remain alive as scum or be a tool used by scum to hide behind(as radish was)

oh ho ho boy

you are on thin ice mister, and so early in too.

Linkzmax said:
zexen_lowe said:

Ah, fuck, I lost my post I was doing. Fucking quoting in this fucking site

I assume you mean you clicked out of the reply pop-up box? If so you can recover most of your work by popping up the box again(any way you like) and hitting undo(usually Ctrl Z)

And prof:

Hephaestos said:
Vetteman94 said:

Im kinda surprised you voted for Radish there Trucks,  I dont know,  maybe actually playing it would have looked differently,  but from the grave it sure seemed like heph was the better choice here.  Especially with the way he seemed to attack Radish,  it seemed quite desperate. 

Oh well,  good job guys

actually if I were town i'd have attacked radish the same way. He played as a scum all game cause he was in survival mode since day one.... austrasized from the town due to the suspicion on him... He didn't really have a choice though and played well consiering.

In trucks place... yeah I guess i'd have thought heph was twisting things a bit much...but from outside there's no presure ^^.

also reading the scum board, they had planned on radish being a lynch down the line/a scapegoat.

I'm pretty sure I'm not going to make it to the end alive, and that's fine. I just don't want a "day one scummy looking townie" being the lynch that gives scum the win.

'm not arguing your logic, per se. What I'm looking at, is several things.

First, you say "when we find a candidate". Well, that's a rather obscure description. Is a candidate someone who is unanimously agreed upon as being scummy? Wouldn't that be a lynch?  What's a candidate? And who's "we"?

Secondly you preclude the fact that the candidate may be ill chosen. For example. Homer Simpson was lynched for exactly the same reasons as Radish, and he was town..yet people continued to attack Radish.

Lastly (and probably most importantly) you are proposing a meta-rule. A, rule of thumb, if you will, for people who are unsure. This is usually a mafia tactic.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
MetalGear_94 said:
theprof00 said:

@linkz via Hatmoza

I said I was here once

you wrote:

and

The hello was a greeting

-

Linkzmax said:
theprof00 said:
Linkzmax said:

Prof, you say this because my logic isn't sound or because you think that I'm trying to appear town?

Hat, care to point out this "great shift." I'd be happy to hear it when the round is over if you'd rather not say now.

I don't know, would you say that your post was "trying" to appear town?

Not sure if you still want me to answer this after my last post, but I will anyway. I was not trying to appear town with my post. Furthermore, I will not try to appear town with any of my posts. If that's how you or anyone else reads them, well so be it.

I'm just wondering why you're putting objections in my mouth.

I said you were on thin ice, and you filled in the blanks.

When you say "I will not try to appear town with any of my posts", do you mean that you will not purposely try to show townies that you're one of them? I'm confused as to why you'd say that. I mean, I keep reading those two lines to myself.

" I was not trying to appear town with my post. Furthermore, I will not try to appear town with any of my posts"

I can't put my finger on it, but something doesn't feel right.

Perhaps I'm too tired, and seeing shadows..

I apologize if you indeed are a townie.

MetalGear_94 said:
theprof00 said:
MetalGear_94 said:
theprof00 said:

@linkz via Hatmoza

I said I was here once

you wrote:

and

The hello was a greeting

*rolls eyes*

this is gunna be a long game...

GodOfWar_3ever said:
zexen_lowe said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:

I think I'm gonna be less vocal in this round...lets see how things go :|

He's laying low, he wants to be unnoticed...

Nope...my strat on the last round wa to go completely crazy and attack people left and right. I am laying low. But only for a good while enough to get a read on people.

Sounds mighty suspicious to me

theprof00 said:

First, you say "when we find a candidate". Well, that's a rather obscure description. Is a candidate someone who is unanimously agreed upon as being scummy? Wouldn't that be a lynch?  What's a candidate? And who's "we"?

Secondly you preclude the fact that the candidate may be ill chosen. For example. Homer Simpson was lynched for exactly the same reasons as Radish, and he was town..yet people continued to attack Radish.

Lastly (and probably most importantly) you are proposing a meta-rule. A, rule of thumb, if you will, for people who are unsure. This is usually a mafia tactic.

AND

I'm just wondering why you're putting objections in my mouth.

I said you were on thin ice, and you filled in the blanks.

When you say "I will not try to appear town with any of my posts", do you mean that you will not purposely try to show townies that you're one of them? I'm confused as to why you'd say that. I mean, I keep reading those two lines to myself.

" I was not trying to appear town with my post. Furthermore, I will not try to appear town with any of my posts"

I can't put my finger on it, but something doesn't feel right.

Perhaps I'm too tired, and seeing shadows..

I apologize if you indeed are a townie.

I've used the term "candidate" before. It's a player who several townies, which makes up the "we" since mafia can't lynch alone, find suspicious. I doubt it's ever unanimous, but it's someone that is approaching hammer. 

Secondly, what do you mean by ill chosen? If you mean I haven't thought of the possibility that the lynchee will flip town, then you're incorrect. Obviously a scum lynch is leagues better than a mislynch, but not clearing that player one way or another will always linger on everyone else's minds.

Lastly, I am familiar with the term meta now, but aren't you now meta-metaing?

AND

I suppose I was just thinking out loud rather than waiting for a clarification from you as to what your post meant. I was trying to decide if you're actually suspicious of me or if you're just trying to cast suspicions on me so others will pick them up and run with it. Though I wouldn't put the latter past you as a townie either to see who jumps at the chance.

The meaning behind the two lines may have been more clear if I once again stressed "try." I am town and thus I have no reason to try to appear so. My only concern is to scumhunt.

If you're a townie as well then I accept your apology. If you're scum then gag on it :P