By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
nen-suer said:
zexen_lowe said:
hatmoza said:
zexen_lowe said:

Fine, lemme rephrase it. There's a 99.9999% chance that there are 5 mafia, a 0.00005% chance that noname is a liar and a 0.00005% chance that noname is a horrible mod

Can we call it now certainity?

That depends. What's the other 0.00005% for?

If you add that I think it adds to 100% unless I messed my maths horribly

Who cares if there is 5 or 7?

We keep playing means week keep hunting. Its that simple.

No offense, but this kind of posts are the reason why I never consider you an asset for the town. That you think it's the same shows you how little planning you're willing to do and how blindly you're gonna play. The amount of mafia is an important thing to know for the town since it allows, for example, to decide whether a first-day lynch is good or not, based on a progression you make.

For example, if we don't lynch today, we'll be 15 to 5 tomorrow, which is still a town advantage, but if we mislynch, we'd be 14 to 5, which already puts on a disadvantage as we'd already be under the ratio (of course, if we lynch today a mafia we'd be 15 to 4 and we'd be in heaven).

That you can diss one of the very few things we know as not important (or, pretty much, the only thing we know) is either baffling and kinda silly if you're town, or a confusion tactic if you're scum. And I don't like either, so Fos: nen

Around the Network

Current votes (11 needed to lynch):

[1, L-10] GOW:  MG

[1, L-10] MG:  GOW

[1, L-10] FF:  PROF

theprof00 said:

Vette, those little dots after I am here look really suspect. Are you down? Or sad? Why would vette be sad...I wonder. Also, for some reason, your avatar is one of those ones that make me think the worst of you right away, like therepublic. Something sterile and unforgiving about looking into a machine.

Metalgear, a little redundant to write that you're here twice, don't you think?

@linkz via Hatmoza

You do seem awfully, what's the word...facetious. Explain something to me. How did you learn that lesson from last game? Radish? That seems like an awfully superficial example to teach such a divergent lesson.

Actually i was down and a little sad, LOL.  I was in the middle of pricing my new Gaming PC from newegg and the price was ridiculous and gave me second thoughts on actually buying it.  But thats not what the dots were for,  they were for I am here,  but cant do anything because I dont have my Role PM yet.  

As for my avatar,  it should be a sign of happiness,  it is my video game palace. Big TV with monster Surround Sound.  How could that ever be horrible.

As for the spat between hatmoza and zexen,  its odd seeing to veterans argue over something a simple a concept as how many mafia are in the game.  It just reeks of trying to look town with false participation.   While I wont take nen-suer's stance on saying its trivial information, it is no reason to have a full blown discussion on it and bring the mod's competence into question over something like this.  Especially since you have both been mods yourselves. 

FOS hatmoza

FOS zexen

zexen_lowe said:
nen-suer said:
zexen_lowe said:

If you add that I think it adds to 100% unless I messed my maths horribly

Who cares if there is 5 or 7?

We keep playing means week keep hunting. Its that simple.

No offense, but this kind of posts are the reason why I never consider you an asset for the town. That you think it's the same shows you how little planning you're willing to do and how blindly you're gonna play. The amount of mafia is an important thing to know for the town since it allows, for example, to decide whether a first-day lynch is good or not, based on a progression you make.

For example, if we don't lynch today, we'll be 15 to 5 tomorrow, which is still a town advantage, but if we mislynch, we'd be 14 to 5, which already puts on a disadvantage as we'd already be under the ratio (of course, if we lynch today a mafia we'd be 15 to 4 and we'd be in heaven).

That you can diss one of the very few things we know as not important (or, pretty much, the only thing we know) is either baffling and kinda silly if you're town, or a confusion tactic if you're scum. And I don't like either, so Fos: nen

Are you serious ? So your saying you can know how much mafia we have in this game .....and now?

Heavily discussing something that we can never know isn't productive there fore not important.

And @ the bolded

So basically lynching an Innocent is bad & lynching mafia is good ? Thats whay we do here so knowing or not knowing

wont affect your decision this early in the game.

You know this, that's why i wonder why you don't want to discuss more important things.

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Vetteman94 said:

Actually i was down and a little sad, LOL.  I was in the middle of pricing my new Gaming PC from newegg and the price was ridiculous and gave me second thoughts on actually buying it.  But thats not what the dots were for,  they were for I am here,  but cant do anything because I dont have my Role PM yet.  

As for my avatar,  it should be a sign of happiness,  it is my video game palace. Big TV with monster Surround Sound.  How could that ever be horrible.

As for the spat between hatmoza and zexen,  its odd seeing to veterans argue over something a simple a concept as how many mafia are in the game.  It just reeks of trying to look town with false participation.   While I wont take nen-suer's stance on saying its trivial information, it is no reason to have a full blown discussion on it and bring the mod's competence into question over something like this.  Especially since you have both been mods yourselves. 

FOS hatmoza

FOS zexen

Thank you. That's what am saying.

Of course knowing how many mafia is important but not on day 1 specially when we dont even know if we have

more than one faction (making an odd number less likely)

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Around the Network
nen-suer said:

Are you serious ? So your saying you can know how much mafia we have in this game .....and now?

Heavily discussing something that we can never know isn't productive there fore not important.

And @ the bolded

So basically lynching an Innocent is bad & lynching mafia is good ? Thats whay we do here so knowing or not knowing

wont affect your decision this early in the game.

You know this, that's why i wonder why you don't want to discuss more important things.

*sigh*

Fine, if you won't read anything, you're not helping the town at all. Maybe if you had READ, you'd know that everyone pretty much agrees (and even hatmoza while saying that my intentions were doubtful agreed that I was right) that there are 5 mafia, so why are you even saying that we can't know for sure. WE ALREADY KNOW IT.

But then again, you're pretty much dead set on your mentality that "it's not important" and "i won't even read what another people say because i've already made up my mind and it isn't important", if for you discussing the things we know isn't important and not reading posts at all is your way of playing, I can safely say you're either scum or a very useless townie

Vote: Nen-Suer

The last times we played you blew your cover way later, who'd think you could do that so early in the game

Silver-Tiger said:

So I finally arrived at this thread. Hi guys.

I think Wonktonodi is overanalyzing this whole debate. Stefl1504 was just pointing out the obvious, every post you make can be seen as scummy. Wonk got pretty defensive and he felt he needed to post two long posts to defend himself against Stefl. I'm not going to point any fingers, though....yet.

Also this post of nen-suer made immediately blinked in my eyes:

"Who cares if there is 5 or 7?

We keep playing means week keep hunting. Its that simple."

How can you say that such crucial info is trivial?

P.S.: I have to see if I can post in the next hours, I'Ve got to work. At the very latest, I'm back in 7 hours.

it worries me that you can't tell that wonk is town... or maybe you know for sure that he is?

zexen_lowe said:

*sigh*

Fine, if you won't read anything, you're not helping the town at all. Maybe if you had READ, you'd know that everyone pretty much agrees (and even hatmoza while saying that my intentions were doubtful agreed that I was right) that there are 5 mafia, so why are you even saying that we can't know for sure. WE ALREADY KNOW IT.

But then again, you're pretty much dead set on your mentality that "it's not important" and "i won't even read what another people say because i've already made up my mind and it isn't important", if for you discussing the things we know isn't important and not reading posts at all is your way of playing, I can safely say you're either scum or a very useless townie

Vote: Nen-Suer

The last times we played you blew your cover way later, who'd think you could do that so early in the game

Looks like your the one who didnt read my post(s). You could have at least read my response to vette.

I wont vote for personal reasons, but you need to accept that some may disagree with you.

You do this every game, you get upset vote( night kill) that poor innocent soul :(

You & Hat are my top suspects, but not enough to warrant a vote.....yet.

Oh, you must be pro-town & I wanna lynch, but no one is suspicious yet...

Linkzmax so easily assumes I'm town because I said that I wanna lynch someone today. He says that no one has raised his suspicion yet...well, no shit sherlock...we were about 20 posts in.

I'm keeping my eye on him, though there hasn't been much alarming since then.

How many fucking mafia are in this game ?!!

Wonk : 21 players.. So how much should be scum ? 5-6?

Zex : Statistically, there sould be 5, and 5 only.

hatmoza : # of mafia is only certainly known by the mod and the scum themselves... (quoted zex)

zex : # of mafia can be determined via teh golden rule (1:3 ratio). If this game is vanilla, and noname isn't a horrible mod, there are only 5 mafia, bitch ! Also, you smell bad.

hatmoza : thanks for confirming you are not sure about the exact #... also i smell sexy.

zex : let me rephrase, I'm 99% sure there are 5, but theres a .5% chance that this game isn't exactly vanilla and .5% cance that noname is a horrible mod.

nen : IDC about the # of mafia !! GEEZUS !

I think hat and zex dragged this on for no real reason (especially hat), and nen's attitude towards this is disappointing.

theprof looks into things waay too deeply.

He points out that linkz used the word "we". Overall, he has been a little jumpy imo, looking for excuses to attack someone.

He's just being himself I guess...its hard for me to get a read on him...part of the reason i was happy he died early during the last round.

XXX mode

Wonk is supposedly still in scum mode while stefl is in cop mode according to wonk himself..OK.

WTF is this shit ?

MetalGear_94

1st post - I'm here

2nd post - Hi 

3rd post - lolvote

4th post - i said i was here only once

5th post - the hello was a greeting

6th post - Linkz "i'm glad you're active, but repeating yourself doesn't count." MG - It doesn't ? 

The guy hasn't made a post longer than a single sentence.

I think I'll keep my vote on him for now.

GodOfWar_3ever said:

Oh, you must be pro-town & I wanna lynch, but no one is suspicious yet...

Linkzmax so easily assumes I'm town because I said that I wanna lynch someone today. He says that no one has raised his suspicion yet...well, no shit sherlock...we were about 20 posts in.

I'm keeping my eye on him, though there hasn't been much alarming since then.

How many fucking mafia are in this game ?!!

Wonk : 21 players.. So how much should be scum ? 5-6?

Zex : Statistically, there sould be 5, and 5 only.

hatmoza : # of mafia is only certainly known by the mod and the scum themselves... (quoted zex)

zex : # of mafia can be determined via teh golden rule (1:3 ratio). If this game is vanilla, and noname isn't a horrible mod, there are only 5 mafia, bitch ! Also, you smell bad.

hatmoza : thanks for confirming you are not sure about the exact #... also i smell sexy.

zex : let me rephrase, I'm 99% sure there are 5, but theres a .5% chance that this game isn't exactly vanilla and .5% cance that noname is a horrible mod.

nen : IDC about the # of mafia !! GEEZUS !

I think hat and zex dragged this on for no real reason (especially hat), and nen's attitude towards this is disappointing.

He points out that linkz used the word "we". Overall, he has been a little jumpy imo, looking for excuses to attack someone.

He's just being himself I guess...its hard for me to get a read on him...part of the reason i was happy he died early during the last round.

XXX mode

Wonk is supposedly still in scum mode while stefl is in cop mode according to wonk himself..OK.

WTF is this shit ?

MetalGear_94

1st post - I'm here

2nd post - Hi 

3rd post - lolvote

4th post - i said i was here only once

5th post - the hello was a greeting

6th post - Linkz "i'm glad you're active, but repeating yourself doesn't count." MG - It doesn't ? 

The guy hasn't made a post longer than a single sentence.

I think I'll keep my vote on him for now.

>uses my dialogue with metalgear against him (MG). 

You can't have it both ways gow. 

Won't be long before you start saying "linkzmax was getting pretty defensive when prof was interrogating him"

Save it.

PS: Linkz doesn't easily assume that you are pro-town. He was being sarcastic, implying that you were pursuing the same strategy of being aggressive since it would imply you have the same role (townie). This was one of the reasons I suspected linkz. If you look, I say, "linkz, you are being, what's the word....facetious. 

Facetious

–adjective

not meant to be taken seriously or literally: a facetiousremark.
amusing; humorous.
lacking serious intent; concerned with somethingnonessential, amusing, or frivolous: a facetious person.