By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

The nen-suer lynch is going nowhere and the SAK lynch seems like a decent idea.  For the record I still think nen-suer's reaction to my accusation was awful; that's the main reason I resisted switching away. 

Unvote nen-suer
Vote SAK

We really don't have great leads today though IMO.  Hopefully we'll be fortunate or at least go into tomorrow with something good. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

Current votes (10 required to lynch):

[1, L-9] ZEX: GNIZ

[2, L-8] HAT: (PROF), WONK, VET

[1, L-9] WONK: HAT

[2, L-8] NEN: (ST), (PROF), (FF), SAK, ZEX

[3, L-7] ST: TRUCK, NEN, SCOTT

[3, L-7] SCOTT: MG, RAD, ST

[0, L-10] MG: (SCOTT)

[4, L-6] SAK: NORD, LINK, PROF, FF

theprof00 said:

despite this feeling like some kind of set-up to me;

j0 has barely contributed. That in itself isn't much, but he could be described as an active lurker.

bunch of text

ill be back later.

no setup from me.

I just wanted to see if I agree with you or not. I went back and read j0's day 2 posts and drew my own conclusions after asking you what you thought. I had similar thoughts. You'll see that j0 is subteling trying to move interest to nen and ST but then backs off when he gets in a minor confrontation with linkzmax. It almost seems like he is easily swaying with whatever direction the current investigation/lynch is leaning.

There are other minor things too, but it is all similar. If it wasn't for SAK I wouldn't be opposed to a j0 vote.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

theprof00 said:

j0 has barely contributed. That in itself isn't much, but he could be described as an active lurker. On day 1, he posted this: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3816523

It just screams contribution without content, on top of what 1) I would say is an innaccurate assessment of the mafia # discussion. It is very important, (and easy) to find out how many players there are so that we can weigh the risks of lynch vs no lynch etc etc.

This post he made later is a bit far-reaching
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3819246

2) Two games ago (MINHA) he also said that mafia don't lurk and that lynch all lurkers is a bad strategy. That game had all the mafia lurking...indeed, it cannot be argued that LaL doesn't work. The post above makes me think that j0 is trying to contribute as little as possible and casually dismiss the overall discussion as paranoia.

I find this strange as well. It semi-correlates with my suspects.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3819828
In the link above, he says No Lynch, yadda yadda yadda, but doesn't vote it.

Over the course of the enxt 8 hours, hat, gniz, stelf, and himself vote no lynch. 2 out of those 3 not including j0 are suspects. Could be a directive, who knows.

There's not much more, but honestly, looking through every single post and really digging through them, nobody jumped out the way those 4,5 did.

ill be back later.

Might as well defend myself while I'm here.

1) Well, that was an inaccurate assessment of my assessment! I said the big argument about the usefulness of the rule was useless, because it is an already accepted rule. There's no point in arguing what we already know, isn't there? About the rest of the post, I can't argue that, it's what you think. 

2)  I have no idea how MINHA has to do with this game. And did you even read ST's comment? It was absolute crazy. The LaL strategy didn't always work, and I was arguing that that game. In all honesty, I think it was pure luck we got the mafia through lynching lurkers. 

3) Eh... eh? I voted 8 hours after I said I would vote No Lynch after more discussion happened. After 8 hours discussion stopped. Then I voted. Makes sense, really. 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

nordlead said:
theprof00 said:

j0 has barely contributed. That in itself isn't much, but he could be described as an active lurker.

bunch of text

ill be back later.

no setup from me.

I just wanted to see if I agree with you or not. I went back and read j0's day 2 posts and drew my own conclusions after asking you what you thought. I had similar thoughts. You'll see that j0 is subteling trying to move interest to nen and ST but then backs off when he gets in a minor confrontation with linkzmax. It almost seems like he is easily swaying with whatever direction the current investigation/lynch is leaning.

There are other minor things too, but it is all similar. If it wasn't for SAK I wouldn't be opposed to a j0 vote.

I am guilty of that. I feel out of sync with the game right now. I usually only come online to read what I missed in the thread (usually a page worth of posts) and then post something, go away from the pc and do something else, and then come back to read more posts. 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:

About scottie and his vote. Yes he didn't back up his vote with much but wouldn't someone who's bandwagoning choose to hop on the one with the most votes already? In this case it would have been nen-suer so him voting for Silver-Tiger could mean two things:

- He's town and really believes Silver-Tiger is scum but didn't explain his reason clearly.

- He's scum and didn't want to vote for nen-suer because nen is scum too.

The second scenario kinda makes me want to vote for scottie just because of the huge pay off involved if it turns out to be true.

Nen-suer and SIlver-Tiger were both topics of discussion, it's perfectly normal for scottie to just have chosen one of them. Your second option is also very possible though, it's scottie's first game and him pulling off a bad move like that is expectable. 

good to know, anyway, here's the rest of the stuff i found: Please forgive the titling, it's how I remember one post from another.

Gnizmo:

gnizmo's gambit?
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3821988
Here Gniz mentions that he's waiting for someone else to offer an "unbiased" opinion on me.

gniz threat
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3822238
Here, he pretty much threatens me for digging at him. Bascially, 'only scum would persist this much'.

On top of the note that his play dramatically changed from day 1 to day 2 makes me think something is up. It's incredibly hard to get a read on him though as he doesn't think talking helps the town. Similarly to nen-suer who thinks people should only be voted when caught in lies, or investigated..or like scottie who said "because talking helps the town" sarcastically. I find that this is the best evidence I have on Gnizmo, and even then I'd only say he's mildly more suspicious than others.

60% scum

Silvertiger

ST: im the same as everyone else
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3822267
This post caught my eye because it really looked like his defense was, "i did what everyone else did". That came off really badly, but perhaps I'm reading too much into it. If anything it's blatant bandwagoning. Additionally, when he voted no lynch he basically said, "nothing will get majority because I'm voting no lynch". The actual post is something like 'doesn't look like anyone is going to get majority, mostly because vote no lynch'.

15% scum

radish "no old games"
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3822419
This post by radish struck me as something very town-like to say. I'm not saying he was trying to appear town, but when I think about who radish is, it looks very town. Basically, this quote asks for people to stop quoting old games because he can't keep up. I buy it.

35% town

Trucks:

trucks strange coincidence
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3822781
"So given the choice to kill Final-Fan, hatmoza, zexen, Hephaestos, theprof00 or nordlead, the Mafia chose Heph. It's possible that there is a reason why he was the unlucky winner of this death lottery other than his record in previous games."

In fact, I don't suspect any of those people. Strange that my suspect would mirror my own opinions.

trucks confirms my list?
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3826517

another interesting one. In this one, he draws suspicion on people that I have a hard time believing are mafia.

Truck's timing
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3825660
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3826484

In the first post, I was still suspicious of scottie. Here Scottie posted, and although Truck's had barely said anything, immediately popped up. It looked like a message mafia-to-mafia.

The second post popped up immediately after Radish made a foolish decision to ask what people the cop should investigate. This completely reminded me of when Homer cleared me a couple games ago by saying, "you're not listening to me! I DO NOT SUSPECT THEPROF AT ALL". Hatmoza and dtewi were the only people that commented on it, while most of town knew not to even whisper it again. Eerily enough, the other person to comment on radishes post was stefl. Keep in mind that both of these players had not posted for a while and then were the first two to comment. Very suspect.

70% mafia

Stefl:

Apart from the above, show here:
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3826199

There is little I can say about stefl. However, earlier in the game he made a comment about the possibility of an SK that really stood out. He's also been acting carefully, and seems to be "related" to these other players.

25% scum

J0 I already outlined

here's another one for him though:
short answers to long posts, j0 edition
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3825840

I typically find short, semi-contributive responses to bigger posts as pretending.

40% scum

SAK
Sak's lazy vote
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3823650

incredibly lazy post.

His first post was a lame list of nonsense. Every so often he makes another list of things I completely disagree with. He's not suspicious of anyone that I am, etc etc

sloppy play, looks to be riding the superficial, similarly to j0. Topical comments and not much going on.

60% scum

I'm not going to make any more posts about who I think is innocent with evidence, but I believe that

wonk, zex, hat, radish, nord, and nen are town. My evidence isn't every strong. It's about as strong as the Radish one above. Any of the other players are a conundrum. They play well, and I could see myself getting tricked by people like linkz, vette, etc.

see ya in a bit

Hello again!

Well, 309 posts in 3 days. I'm actually a little disappointed.

From what I've read, this thread is about 85% waffle. These big, long posts that simply parrot info back or take 8 paragraphs to explain a suspicion of a person. It gets annoying when 75% of the posts are like that.

Oh, and please refrain from calling scottie Scott. >_<

So it's nice to see that we've probably gotten a few scum.

For now, Vote: zex. I feel no need to restate the reasons that have been said.

HoS: prof

It seems as though he's deliberately trying to avoid discussion of the more suspicious people. He latches onto Gnizmo like a dying leech, and then switches to nen based on a "gut-feeling". Then he goes to radishhead for possibly the stupidest reasoning he has ever given: "Your not acting scummy is SO scummy!" I wouldn't expect this from a pro-town prof.

Silver-tiger, along with my Day 1 suspicions of him, is still a suspect.

Gnimo is crazy

Scottie is hazy

And c03 is still as nonchalant as ever.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Current votes (10 required to lynch):

[2, L-8] ZEX: GNIZ, DTEWI

[2, L-8] HAT: (PROF), WONK, VET

[1, L-9] WONK: HAT

[2, L-8] NEN: (ST), (PROF), (FF), SAK, ZEX

[3, L-7] ST: TRUCK, NEN, SCOTT

[3, L-7] SCOTT: MG, RAD, ST

[0, L-10] MG: (SCOTT)

[4, L-6] SAK: NORD, LINK, PROF, FF

dtewi said:

Hello again!

Well, 309 posts in 3 days. I'm actually a little disappointed.

From what I've read, this thread is about 85% waffle. These big, long posts that simply parrot info back or take 8 paragraphs to explain a suspicion of a person. It gets annoying when 75% of the posts are like that.

Oh, and please refrain from calling scottie Scott. >_<

So it's nice to see that we've probably gotten a few scum.

For now, Vote: zex. I feel no need to restate the reasons that have been said.

HoS: prof

It seems as though he's deliberately trying to avoid discussion of the more suspicious people. He latches onto Gnizmo like a dying leech, and then switches to nen based on a "gut-feeling". Then he goes to radishhead for possibly the stupidest reasoning he has ever given: "Your not acting scummy is SO scummy!" I wouldn't expect this from a pro-town prof.

Silver-tiger, along with my Day 1 suspicions of him, is still a suspect.

Gnimo is crazy

Scottie is hazy

And c03 is still as nonchalant as ever.

maybe you didn't read the part where I said Gnizmo had me completely off my game, maybe you don't care to note things like that.