By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
theprof00 said:
dtewi said:

Hello again!

Well, 309 posts in 3 days. I'm actually a little disappointed.

From what I've read, this thread is about 85% waffle. These big, long posts that simply parrot info back or take 8 paragraphs to explain a suspicion of a person. It gets annoying when 75% of the posts are like that.

Oh, and please refrain from calling scottie Scott. >_<

So it's nice to see that we've probably gotten a few scum.

For now, Vote: zex. I feel no need to restate the reasons that have been said.

HoS: prof

It seems as though he's deliberately trying to avoid discussion of the more suspicious people. He latches onto Gnizmo like a dying leech, and then switches to nen based on a "gut-feeling". Then he goes to radishhead for possibly the stupidest reasoning he has ever given: "Your not acting scummy is SO scummy!" I wouldn't expect this from a pro-town prof.

Silver-tiger, along with my Day 1 suspicions of him, is still a suspect.

Gnimo is crazy

Scottie is hazy

And c03 is still as nonchalant as ever.

maybe you didn't read the part where I said Gnizmo had me completely off my game, maybe you don't care to note things like that.

Oh OK. I guess that statement completely clears you from the fact you had been harping on him for a good hundred posts or so, really ignoring mostly everyone else.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network
dtewi said:

Hello again!

....snip

come on. All those comments and not a single one about SAK? Was 309 posts to many for you to notice the inexcusable one? Not a single comment about an obvious instance of not paying attention to the game at all? Of all people I sorta expected you to be all over it. Besides, you are never going to swing a vote to zexen.

I didn't want to have to fight tooth and nail to get a SAK vote going, but it looks like I must. This only further strengthens my belief that SAK is scum. If he is town I'd be willing to bet that all the mafia would have jumped on him by now and we'd be up to L-2 or so. I mean, you can't deny that it would be convenient and easy to hide behind. Much like last game with me hiding behind lynching the liars (as a side note, I would have done that if I was pro town too )

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

nordlead said:
dtewi said:

Hello again!

....snip

come on. All those comments and not a single one about SAK? Was 309 posts to many for you to notice the inexcusable one? Not a single comment about an obvious instance of not paying attention to the game at all? Of all people I sorta expected you to be all over it. Besides, you are never going to swing a vote to zexen.

I didn't want to have to fight tooth and nail to get a SAK vote going, but it looks like I must. This only further strengthens my belief that SAK is scum. If he is town I'd be willing to bet that all the mafia would have jumped on him by now and we'd be up to L-2 or so. I mean, you can't deny that it would be convenient and easy to hide behind. Much like last game with me hiding behind lynching the liars (as a side note, I would have done that if I was pro town too )

We have about five lurkers, and being Christmas time, that is not a totally inexcusable offense. Though for curiosity's sake, link post plz.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

dtewi said:

We have about five lurkers, and being Christmas time, that is not a totally inexcusable offense. Though for curiosity's sake, link post plz.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3824767

note my reply shortly after, and the fact that you and I have both entered the game and posted. Also, you'll notice that both players were seperated out in the potals section that he comments about.

I don't have a problem with lurkers in general right now as you noted. However, go and read the rest of his posts in day 2 and you'll see he wasn't just busy as he posted a decent amount.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy

as a note, my quote of SAK was post #575 in this thread (1st post page 24, 25 posts/page)

Around the Network
nordlead said:
dtewi said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3824767

note my reply shortly after, and the fact that you and I have both entered the game and posted. Also, you'll notice that both players were seperated out in the potals section that he comments about.

I don't have a problem with lurkers in general right now as you noted. However, go and read the rest of his posts in day 2 and you'll see he wasn't just busy as he posted a decent amount.

It does seem weird, yet not enough to warrant from me... yet.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

TruckOSaurus said:

I'm quoting theRepublic so he doesn't feel useless...

I thought I'd give my thoughts on the people with more than one vote:

hatmoza: Buddying with Gnizmo and the nordlead rivalry don't bother me that much (yet). To me that's just hatmoza being hatmoza and up until now he seems to be really actively looking for scum

nen-suer: He's suspected because of his stance of the scum number debate, his No Lynch vote and his overall aggressiveness. I don't know where I stand on him, I remember him being being very aggressive in the Final Fantasy game when he was Sephiroth (scum) but when I was trying to get him lynched in the DBZ game he did get aggressive fast and he was town so I guess that comes naturally to him.

Silver-Tiger: Said he wanted a Day One lynch but never followed up on it. Accused nen (in part) for his No Lynch vote reasoning when his own wasn't any better.

Scottie: Lurked big time. Showed up when people started pointing fingers at him. If it wasn't his first game I'd be voting for him right now, but I'm willing to give him a chance to step up and contribute because first games can be overwhelming.

I tried to list the reason why people voted for each candidate but I probably missed some so please correct me if I'm wrong.

You missed all my reasons for hatmoza.  If you can't find them I will sumerize them latter. There are now many people with 3 votes including SAK who didn't even have 2 at the point you made this list. 

theprof00 said:

good to know, anyway, here's the rest of the stuff i found: Please forgive the titling, it's how I remember one post from another.

Trucks:

trucks strange coincidence
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3822781
"So given the choice to kill Final-Fan, hatmoza, zexen, Hephaestos, theprof00 or nordlead, the Mafia chose Heph. It's possible that there is a reason why he was the unlucky winner of this death lottery other than his record in previous games."

(1) In fact, I don't suspect any of those people. Strange that my suspect would mirror my own opinions.

trucks confirms my list?
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3826517

another interesting one. In this one, he draws suspicion on people that I have a hard time believing are mafia.

Truck's timing
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3825660
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3826484

(2) In the first post, I was still suspicious of scottie. Here Scottie posted, and although Truck's had barely said anything, immediately popped up. It looked like a message mafia-to-mafia.

(3) The second post popped up immediately after Radish made a foolish decision to ask what people the cop should investigate. This completely reminded me of when Homer cleared me a couple games ago by saying, "you're not listening to me! I DO NOT SUSPECT THEPROF AT ALL". Hatmoza and dtewi were the only people that commented on it, while most of town knew not to even whisper it again. Eerily enough, the other person to comment on radishes post was stefl. Keep in mind that both of these players had not posted for a while and then were the first two to comment. Very suspect.

70% mafia

1) It wasn't a list of pro-town people, it was a list of high profile players. Furthermore I find it quite disarming that you'd feel suspicious of someone for coming to the same conclusion as you did.

2) I had said plenty before I replied to scottie. I don't know where you're getting that I "popped up".

3) Are you saying you think radishhead is the cop and openly asked for advice on who to investigate? That thought never crossed my mind, radish knows better than to do a move like this.

Signature goes here!

A few things before I disappear for a bit again and come back. Tired so this is short.

@Prof
Referencing the day one and day two discrepancy makes absolutely no sense to me. What happened is a matter of public record. Further by the time you even had claimed it I disappeared for another couple of days. You also seem to enjoy continuing to twist my words. Going after me is whatever, but you need actual evidence which you had none of at the time. Instead were going in circles over imagined insults that never happened despite the fact I repeatedly pointed out they never happened. Glad to see you won't let it go though. Really like how you tried to twist me admitting someone outside of the pissing contest should weigh in as somehow a bad thing.

@ "Potals" in general
I had never seen one before. At first I thought it somewhat interesting as a concept, but ultimately I have decided they should be given no weight at the end of the day. There is a very good reason for this beyond what Nordlead has stated (which I agree with). They are only valid if we assume the player making them is a townie. This is the worst mistake you can make in these games if you ask me. I don't have any reason to dislike the ones posted per se, but as a rule I can't begin to view them as a good thing. It has a good thought behind it, but ultimately it is useless as we don't know who is behind the tool.

@Vetteman
I'd agree with you with hatmoza normally. I obviously have had similar thoughts. The problem is we are going back and forth on who agrees with who. Essentially we are both buddying up with each other. Now there is the possibility that we are both mafia, but I am not a retard. Consequently I wouldn't buddy up with another mafia player. I'd like to think hatmoza wouldn't either, but we have all seen how he plays. He has done some amazingly terrible things when a mafia player, although that is behind him from what I have seen.

@Linkz
Yup, I am shifty, evasive, and often less than fully honest. These are qualities that make me look really sketchy. These are qualities that have trapped mafia players in the past. Laying out a trap with a big sign that says "TRAP HERE MAFIA PLAYERS PLEASE DO X!!!!" is, well, less than effective. I prefer a more subtle approach which requires more finesse, and less obvious behavior. This also makes for a better game of intrigue all around cause you will doubt my intention right up until my corpse pops up.

Scottie, MG94, Prof, Wonk and Zexen all seem sketchy to me still. Just for those curious.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Okay folks I'm off for Christmas in a few minutes, I don't think I'll reconnect before the 26th or maybe 27th. Merry Christmas everyone!

Signature goes here!